More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 04:19:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Menu problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Menu problem  (Read 3240 times)
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Menu problem
« on: 2009 January 23, 17:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem with the MORE selection on menus.  Primarily the menus on Inge's teleporters and on InSims Summoner.  What happens is that the MORE quits working.  I can click on any of the summon family names that first pop up but can't go to the second page of families.  If the family I click on has more than one page of individuals I can't go to the second page.

This behavior is not consistent.  I may play an entire game session without it happening. Or it may happen the first time I try to use the teleporter.  Again it may work fine for a period of time and then suddenly stop working.  When it happens I can leave that house and go to another and find it working normally.  Or not.  If it works normally at a second house I can return to the first house and it might work again. Or not. Sometimes it won't work at any house but if I leave the game and restart it works fine.

Any ideas as to what the heck is going on here?  I can't recall it ever happening on the refirgerator or on the sims themselves or on any other InSim object.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
Re: Menu problem
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 23, 21:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem, mostly when I click on sims themselves. But it doesn't happen all the time, even on the same lot, so it's hard to pin down.
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 24, 05:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem, mostly when I click on sims themselves. But it doesn't happen all the time, even on the same lot, so it's hard to pin down.

This ^. I do find that if I click repeatedly, the next menu will open up and then the more option works properly. It does aggravate the old carpal tunnel, though. I've been wondering about it for a while, but not enough to do the binary dance. I delete the cache files when it starts happening often. I think that helps, but it's so random, it's really hard to tell if does or not.
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 25, 16:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found multiple clicking to help at times too. I'll try clicking on various parts of the MORE word or around it.  The sensitive spot seems to shrink to a pinpoint instead of covering the entire lighted area.  Finding it can be like finding the needle in the haystack. And sometimes I can't find it at all. Haven't tried deleting cache but just leaving the game and reloading has stopped it when it gets really bad. 
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 January 27, 15:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't remember if it still does this in my game, but it's annoyed the hell out of me for a long time.
Some times clicking many times help, but then you risk accidentally clicking on whatever option pops up on the next menu, and you have to start all over again.
It happens on all items, but it's extra noticeable on Inge's shrub because that tends to take you through many, many more... clicks.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: