More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:35:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Neighbourhood scenarios
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Neighbourhood scenarios  (Read 20719 times)
sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Neighbourhood scenarios
« on: 2009 January 23, 00:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made a new RandomStuff file.

I looked at lots of files other people have made available (thanks), and they all affect specific sims or households. I wanted one that can apply to the whole neighbourhood, so I made my own. There are some snippets from other people's work, kudos to them for inventing the wheel.

I'm posting it in case others find it useful.

Categories are:

Nature
Human Stupidity
Public Health
Treasure Trove
Community Events

with a section to choose in which order the lots will be affected. You'd need to replace that with a list of your own lotnames.

EDIT: to limit confusion:

Here is a pic of one possible output:
 http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=zznnoyj3zzo&thumb=5

You can use the text file and roll your own dice if you like, but Hook made a nifty little program to do it for you. It's called RandomStuff. It's available here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8253.0.html

* NeighbourhoodROS.txt (6.28 KB - downloaded 1005 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 January 27, 05:22:12 by sleep » Logged
TapThatBooty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Neighbourhood scenarios
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 26, 02:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Care to give us any more information on this? Or is it just imaginary?
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 26, 07:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The file's RIGHT THERE. Why do you think it's imaginary?
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 26, 13:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The file's RIGHT THERE. Why do you think it's imaginary?

I can put anything into a .txt - or a .zip for that matter - and declare it a reworked wheel. Telling an abstract snippet of information and waiting for your pat on the head isn't getting you anywhere.

DESCRIBE, DAMMIT!

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 January 26, 14:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After having looked at the file, I must say that it looks like a lot of fun. I might actually start using RandomStuff.
But I agree with TapThatBooty and Strangel. A little more description would be nice.

INEPT INTP
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 January 26, 17:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you honestly expect MATYians to be assed to do that? We're lazy and pedantic.

INEPT INTP
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 January 26, 20:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe not MATYians, but TapThatBooty is a n00b. The OP's post was pretty self-explanatory. It's a RandomStuff file for neighborhoods instead of sims. If you don't know what that is, either search and educate yourself, or forget about it. Hell, I don't use RandomStuff files, but last time there was a thread about them, I checked some out. So, I know what they are. It's not that hard a concept.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 January 27, 00:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the other hand, it being a text file, it is faster to open it and look than to post a question about it.  Tongue

Yes.. because mindlessly downloading crap you don't recognize from people you don't trust is ALWAYS a good idea.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 January 27, 03:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the other hand, it being a text file, it is faster to open it and look than to post a question about it.  Tongue

Yes.. because mindlessly downloading crap you don't recognize from people you don't trust is ALWAYS a good idea.
You might get TEXT VIRUSES!
sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 January 27, 05:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've added a screenshot of one of the possible outputs. Hope this helps people some, although you might need glasses to read the jpg.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zznnoyj3zzo/NeighbourhoodROSsample.jpg
Buddhabelly
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 January 28, 16:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is great, I never thought to use my RandomStuff for neighborhood wide scenarios. This makes my concert halls, ballrooms, etc. much more useful.
TapThatBooty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 February 21, 02:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for dragging up an old thread.

That original post is different from when I first read it, there are attatchments there that weren't there before. I still don't understand how this will effect the actual game other than the NH's, so I'm just going to leave it be.

Maybe not MATYians, but TapThatBooty is a n00b. The OP's post was pretty self-explanatory. It's a RandomStuff file for neighborhoods instead of sims. If you don't know what that is, either search and educate yourself, or forget about it. Hell, I don't use RandomStuff files, but last time there was a thread about them, I checked some out. So, I know what they are. It's not that hard a concept.

And I am a n00b how? Are you getting your information from my join date, if so, I'll let you know that I have been lurking on this site for the last year and a half now, and I am an active member over at PMBD, so while my post count and join date are low and recent, I'm not a n00b. And like I said before, the OP's post is different to the one that was up originaly, there were no attatchments to that one, so I assumed that he/she had created a challenge like the Legacy challenge. So why don't you go and search and educate yourself about how someone is supposed to know jack about something when there isn't any information available? Yeah? Thank you.

And like has been said before, why should we have to go and search to find out about a download or something new to the game, the person making the file should give you all the information there and then, you shouldn't have to go traipsing all over the place to get information, you might be willing to do so, but myself and many others are not.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 February 21, 04:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you seriously reply to this thread about three weeks after it died just to remind us all that you're a lazy twit?   Huh

TapThatBooty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 February 21, 06:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you seriously reply to this thread about three weeks after it died just to remind us all that you're a lazy twit?   Huh

Sorry for dragging up an old thread.

That original post is different from when I first read it, there are attatchments there that weren't there before. I still don't understand how this will effect the actual game other than the NH's, so I'm just going to leave it be.

No, I dragged up an old thread to inform the OP that although he updated his/her first post, I still didn't understand what the aim of this was for, all that I am getting from it is that it effects NH's and not house lots, so I don't see how it can impact gameplay other than for the imaginary aspect of play.

I am still confused by this, it seems like an excelent idea, but the OP talks about having things effct the Sims and lots. but then mentions that it effects NH's, so I'm not sure how this works, then someone else mentions that it effects NH's.

Please explain how I am a lazy twit?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 February 21, 16:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am still confused by this, it seems like an excelent idea, but the OP talks about having things effct the Sims and lots. but then mentions that it effects NH's, so I'm not sure how this works, then someone else mentions that it effects NH's.

Look at the sample image. This is similar to JadEliott the Dramaball's random events. Run script periodically, then use the output to create curveballs in your 'hood, like plagues and fires.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 February 21, 16:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go back to the first post in this thread, and click on the link to Hook's Randomiser utility.  Read that thread in full.  That should clear up any further questions you have.

The information you want is available to you via links that were provided in this thread.  It couldn't be any easier to find the relevant information.  It's not our problem if you can't be bothered to go and read it.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 February 22, 10:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That original post is different from when I first read it, there are attatchments there that weren't there before. I still don't understand how this will effect the actual game other than the NH's (...)

The attachment has not changed.  I just added links and such to make it easier for people who don't know about random occurrence scenarios.

Yes, if that idea works for you, it's imaginary. You let the dice/RandomStuff program choose one or more scenarios from the text provided, then use that scenario to create storiylines for your game. It does not affect the game in any way, only how you play your sims. Feel free to ignore it completely.

Thanks to those who have tried to explain before I got here.
TapThatBooty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 February 24, 12:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Sleep, I went back and read the attachments, and that was the basic idea I got from them, even in the links I wasn't too sure how it effects gameplay(not your posts).

Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me, now that I know what the actual intentions of this is, I think its a smart idea, and could lead to more interesting gameplay itself. I'm more of a game player myself, so the scenarios the happen in my game, to me, have to happen, eg. I have a Sim family, husband, wife, four kids, he was a successful career worker, she stayed at home, filthy rich, he died, she cant work cos of the kids, now they are broke. It's real scenarios that happen in-game that make it interesting for me. Don't get me wrong though, I see what you done with this, and I do think it's a great idea.
And thank you for actualy expalining it to me, in a nice manner, I appologise if my previous posts were a bit rude, they were not aimed at you or this download, but to other people who had replyied.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: