More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:20:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  BUY Problem (minor but irritating)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BUY Problem (minor but irritating)  (Read 4598 times)
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
BUY Problem (minor but irritating)
« on: 2009 February 04, 19:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK I have three full bathrooms in a line. Two have a single door which gives onto a spacious landing/hallway (it's a minimum 3x4) The third bath bathroom, is one square short of a 3x3, has only a shower and has two doors, one connection to a bedroom and the other to the aforementioned landing/hall. Each bathroom has one toilet, one sink, one bath, and one BUY controller. None of the controllers have any specific use/reject settings (ie all are on default settings).

OK the problem. The throw out order is routinely sending sims to an adjacent bathroom via the landing. It doesn't happen with the bathroom with two doors, which is frequently the room that ends the loop ... although I have watched one sim endlessly prepared to run from one of the other bathrooms to the other. In all respects function is unimpaired and the game has no other errors. Debug mode is not generating any errors either. BUY is most recent version -- Jan 2 edition -- all FFS hacks are from most recent DC.

Is this more likely to be tight pants or a quirk of the design I have? I'm asking since a tight pants search is apt to be tediously unfruitful (I have almost no non-awesome content anyway, and if my understanding is not a million miles off, BUY is pretty damn robust and should not easily be fubared.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: BUY Problem (minor but irritating)
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 04, 20:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never seen a sim actually eject into another bathroom, always only into the only adjacent room. However, if you're letting your sims meander about on their own, perhaps they are choosing a course which then takes them into the bathroom. But I have never actually seen this behavior, so pix or it didn't happen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 04, 22:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pix, eh? OK, but don't accuse me of rigging these.

Archive contains a sequence of 6 pics. 01-06. The first and last are screencaps and the intermediates are in game snapshots. Stupid screecap failed to capture the tooltips that showed the order being followed was "be thrown out".

This sim stopped on the landing after exiting the middle bathroom. But on being sent back into it, he exited to the left hand bathroom and from there to the room to the left and stop.

Like I said, it's not really a problem, I think it's a factor involved with the design ... maybe the stair-head is too close to the bathroom doors. The house is a farmhouse that has undergone a lot of "modernisation" and extension as three generations have raised a gazillion brats and grown enough fresh veg to pay for a luxy (furnished) penthouse pad for each sprog that reached adulthood (using the awesome mod that makes sure it costs plenty of rhino to keep an apt's furnishings).
« Last Edit: 2009 February 06, 01:49:14 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

me shit
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 05, 16:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I'm intriguedly bemused by the antic ... pation.  Kiss

me shit
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 05, 16:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you have the BUY setup? By Radius or Room Only?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 February 05, 19:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not quite the response I expected. One controller per room. All controllers on default settings: room only, no specific groups excluded.

me shit
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 February 06, 01:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't think of any particularly obvious reason, other than that there might not be enough space to eject. Try moving the door on the middle bathroom one or two tiles to the left and see if it continues?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 February 06, 06:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aye-aye, Cap'n. I have since substantially rebuilt that end of the house. Testing has so far proved inconclusive in that the complicated roofage (I like my 'interesting' roof-lines) got borked in the first rebuild and that added to bathroom traffic jams and general malarkey. By the time I had finished the rebuild to correct all the roof-clipping problems caused by the previous redesigns I had lost interest in play-testing. For what it is worth, I have move the stairs one square further away and all 3 bathrooms now have the the identically congruent floor plans.

I'll report back on this, after play-testing (and a long overdue review/overhaul of my non-awesome content to eliminate all possible source for error). Meanwhile a torrent has finished so I have other plans Roll Eyes

me shit
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 February 06, 16:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not quite the response I expected. One controller per room. All controllers on default settings: room only, no specific groups excluded.

Asking because if you had it set by a radius, all the bathrooms so close together might have been confusing it.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: