More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 18:10:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Jumping, gosub trees, and random stops
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jumping, gosub trees, and random stops  (Read 7604 times)
Tara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Jumping, gosub trees, and random stops
« on: 2009 January 22, 00:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I need help.  Obviously.  I wouldn't be here - in this section - if I didn't.

Yeah so...I guess I broke it?  Or something.  Anyway....

So, occasionally my Sims will stop everything and anything that they're doing.  That I'm sure is a result of everything else.

They also jump after interacting.  >>  Annoying.  Whenever they talk or interact or anything no points are added.  For example Harra is talking to Gant.  When they finish talking they jump and no points are added to their relationship score.  >>

I used the BoolProp thing for the sole purpose of knowing just what it thinks I did and so I could find where the error log is.  Both error logs I have are basically identical I think.  I didn't look through it fully.  I think the only difference is that one occurred while they were sitting and eating and talking and the other just standing and talking.  If need be I will post a list of mods/hacks/whatever that I have.  For now here are the logs.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 22, 01:24:04 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Jumping, gosub trees, and random stops
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 22, 01:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your log does not match the current version of code. Update your hacks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 22, 03:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn, that sounds like the old jump bug from years ago.

Tara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 22, 23:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your log does not match the current version of code. Update your hacks.

I just did that.  It's still giving me a jump bug.

I have Deluxe, University, Seasons,  Freetime, Kitchen and Bath, and just recently installed Pets.

If any other information is needed let me know.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 January 22, 23:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remove Downloads folder and test.  If jump bug persists, you have something else somewhere, possibly installed with a downloaded lot.

When updating hacks, make sure you delete ALL your hacks first and then install only the hacks for your latest EP - for you, that would be FT.
Install only awesome hacks for FT first and test.

Tribulatio proxima est
Tara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 January 23, 00:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remove Downloads folder and test.  If jump bug persists, you have something else somewhere, possibly installed with a downloaded lot.

When updating hacks, make sure you delete ALL your hacks first and then install only the hacks for your latest EP - for you, that would be FT.
Install only awesome hacks for FT first and test.

For the record - not intended to sound rude - I don't download lots.  I don't trust them.  >>  At all.

Anyway, I removed the downloads folder.  The jump bug stopped.  I put it back and took out my hacks section - excluding one hack which I forgot to put in the folder - and it was fine still.

Where can I find these "Awesome hacks"?  I fail at finding stuff, I'm sorry for all of the trouble I'm causing.

[EDIT]  It seems that it might just be that neighborhood/house or something.  I made another neighborhood for testing and left all of my downloads in it and had no problems.  So I should simply make a new neighborhood and try again?
« Last Edit: 2009 January 23, 01:03:42 by Tara » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 January 23, 17:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made another neighborhood for testing and left all of my downloads in it and had no problems.  So I should simply make a new neighborhood and try again?

Sounds like a plan.  Or, you might just try bulldozing the suspected lot and see if other lots in your current 'hood still work.

The FAQ in the Podium section has links to hacks organized by EP.  Download only those related to your latest EP.  These include fixes which may, in fact, reduce the likelihood of jumps.  If you have not used Pescado's hacks before, they may conflict with other hacks you already have.  Most MATY members, I believe, install awesome hacks first and then supplement with selected other hacks that are known to be compatible.

Tribulatio proxima est
Tara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 January 23, 18:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made another neighborhood for testing and left all of my downloads in it and had no problems.  So I should simply make a new neighborhood and try again?

Sounds like a plan.  Or, you might just try bulldozing the suspected lot and see if other lots in your current 'hood still work.

The FAQ in the Podium section has links to hacks organized by EP.  Download only those related to your latest EP.  These include fixes which may, in fact, reduce the likelihood of jumps.  If you have not used Pescado's hacks before, they may conflict with other hacks you already have.  Most MATY members, I believe, install awesome hacks first and then supplement with selected other hacks that are known to be compatible.

I kinda didn't have any.  XD  That was mostly used to check to see if everything was working right.  It was at first.  XD  Anyway, I'll start a new 'hood and see how that goes.

Umm...the Directors Cut things or the other one?  ._.  Everyone feel free to insult me, I'm always good for that.

Also why is InTEEN not awesome?  >>  Feel free to bombard me with the abusive kitten picture.  My cat already died and nobody else I know has a cat so I could honestly care less if I'm killing kittens as much as I love them.  And since it isn't awesome is there another way/are there other ways to get those same things that are Awesome?
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 January 23, 19:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

INteen, I think, interferes with a few awesomehax.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 January 23, 20:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

InTeen is a big mega-hack with "fingers" in all sorts of code.  As I understand it, it is hard to make a specific mod that does not also affect something affected by InTeen.  Mods in the FFS Director's Cut therefore do not concern themselves with ensuring that they are compatible with InTeen.

I think the Director's Cut IS "the other one" - you can download the entire DC at once, or the individual mods in the directory.  (There are some mods in the DC that are only in the DC and not listed individually).  For best mileage, download the DC for your EP.  Some of these are "critical fixes" designed to reduce the risk that your game explodes.

Tribulatio proxima est
Tara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 January 23, 20:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

INteen, I think, interferes with a few awesomehax.

Ah, I see.

InTeen is a big mega-hack with "fingers" in all sorts of code.  As I understand it, it is hard to make a specific mod that does not also affect something affected by InTeen.  Mods in the FFS Director's Cut therefore do not concern themselves with ensuring that they are compatible with InTeen.

I think the Director's Cut IS "the other one" - you can download the entire DC at once, or the individual mods in the directory.  (There are some mods in the DC that are only in the DC and not listed individually).  For best mileage, download the DC for your EP.  Some of these are "critical fixes" designed to reduce the risk that your game explodes.

Can I also keep InTEEN on to see what happens?  Or will the game "explode" as you put it?  ^^;
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 January 23, 20:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the game will not likely explode.  If it conflicts, you will likely get additional jump bug errors and possibly some borked pregnancies, which are annoying.  For example, in one of my houses, in the dim and distant past, when InTeen was installed, sims were unable to woohoo in a bed due to a conflict with another hack, and sims would jump out of bed and reset.

There are other hacks available that will enable most of the functions of InTeen, without the conflicts, if you find that InTeen does not play nicely with other hacks.  Check at the InTeen site to make sure you have the latest version for your latest EP, in any case.

Tribulatio proxima est
Tara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 January 23, 20:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the game will not likely explode.  If it conflicts, you will likely get additional jump bug errors and possibly some borked pregnancies, which are annoying.  For example, in one of my houses, in the dim and distant past, when InTeen was installed, sims were unable to woohoo in a bed due to a conflict with another hack, and sims would jump out of bed and reset.

There are other hacks available that will enable most of the functions of InTeen, without the conflicts, if you find that InTeen does not play nicely with other hacks.  Check at the InTeen site to make sure you have the latest version for your latest EP, in any case.

Ah, that's quite the relief then.  I try to avoid the teen pregnancy.  I have it for them to have sex more than anything.

I fear that such a thing will happen and I don't have the will to test it out.  I'm sure that I have it for my latest EP as I downloaded it soon after purchasing FreeTime.  I will take a look around and find these.  Or are they also around here?  ^^;

Also, what happens if I have the same hack downloaded twice?  Will they negate one another or will nothing happen but a waste of space?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 January 23, 21:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that's quite the relief then.  I try to avoid the teen pregnancy.  I have it for them to have sex more than anything.
In this case, you might try Jenflower's teen woohoo hack; it's quite less invasive, I use it in my game because of your same reason. You can find it in the same Inteen site.

Also, what happens if I have the same hack downloaded twice?  Will they negate one another or will nothing happen but a waste of space?
If they're identical, it's harmless; if they're different versions (for instance, 1 outdated and 1 updated copy), they could mess up the way they works.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 January 23, 21:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they're identical, it's harmless; if they're different versions (for instance, 1 outdated and 1 updated copy), they could mess up the way they works.

But why would you do this?  Remove one of them.

Tribulatio proxima est
Tara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 January 23, 21:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But why would you do this?  Remove one of them.
I know.  I mean by mistake.  I don't really want to go through all of these things.  There's a lot.  I will eventually but still.

In this case, you might try Jenflower's teen woohoo hack; it's quite less invasive, I use it in my game because of your same reason. You can find it in the same Inteen site.

Also, thank you, I'll try that.  ^^  It'll allow teens and adults to fall in love and all of the other extensive steps, right?  Or is that what you mean by invasive?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 January 23, 22:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It'll allow teens and adults to fall in love and all of the other extensive steps, right?  Or is that what you mean by invasive?

I use it along with Twojeffs' attraction mod (between teens and adults), and it allows all romantic interactions between T and A, woohoo included, except pregnancy. The main difference is that it involves pretty much only social interaction: the pregnancy option in Inteen, instead, comes along modifications of many more stuff, and in deeper places in the code.

In a nutshell, for the most part, when the game checks if a social between two sims should be available, unmodded game asks "sim A is a teen? yes --> sim B is a teen? no, it's an adult ---> FALSE - do not proceed", while with Jenflower's mod the final answer is TRUE - proceed.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Tara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 January 23, 22:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It'll allow teens and adults to fall in love and all of the other extensive steps, right?  Or is that what you mean by invasive?

I use it along with Twojeffs' attraction mod (between teens and adults), and it allows all romantic interactions between T and A, woohoo included, except pregnancy. The main difference is that it involves pretty much only social interaction: the pregnancy option in Inteen, instead, comes along modifications of many more stuff, and in deeper places in the code.

In a nutshell, for the most part, when the game checks if a social between two sims should be available, unmodded game asks "sim A is a teen? yes --> sim B is a teen? no, it's an adult ---> FALSE - do not proceed", while with Jenflower's mod the final answer is TRUE - proceed.

Ah, now I understand~  Thank you very much, I'll make sure to do this.  ^^  I bet it was InTEEN causing my problems anyway.  I'll see.  I still have to remake that house.  Thank you~  ^^
Tara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 January 24, 03:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize for the doublepost.  >>

After removing InTEEN the game started working again~  So far so good~  Thank you all for your help.  ^^  Although I took out InTEEN before and nothing happened.  Strange.  ^^  Oh well.  It works for me now.  ^^
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 January 28, 06:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

99% of all InTeen issues are user error and/or a hack conflict  Roll Eyes 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: