More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:05:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  I broke my Uni subhood -- workaround found
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I broke my Uni subhood -- workaround found  (Read 2591 times)
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
I broke my Uni subhood -- workaround found
« on: 2009 January 20, 05:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I tried something I never had before, which is to start over with a new (empty) custom neighborhood, and attach a new (empty) custom Uni subhood and the clean business subhood from this website.  I followed the directions to get it to generate new townies, using debug mode and the mailbox.  I made a new CAS Sim, moved him in, got him married, popped out a couple of kids, started a home business, etc. etc. -- everything seemed to be working fine.  Until just now, when I sent his oldest son to college.

I placed one of my dorms on the otherwise empty campus, then got ready to move the kid in.  I wanted to move a few of his friends to campus too, but when I tried to do so, the only available Sim for moving to college was this kid's teenage brother!  Although there were several townie teens that should have been available.  This happened whether I tried from the Uni subhood side or the main hood side.

After moving the one kid into the dorm, everything is fine -- a cook got spawned, as well as other necessary NPCs, and the dormies showed up as expected.  What I think I'll do is rush this kid through college, move him back to the main hood, delete the current Uni subhood, and make a new empty Uni subhood.  Then I will see if the main hood townie teens show up as available to send to college.  In other words, I think I made the townies (teens and otherwise) after the Uni subhood -- and this might be the problem.  Tried and failed -- see below.

But in case it isn't, is there any way to get the current Uni subhood to recognize the current townie teens as eligible to send to college?

I'm running base+Uni+OFB+MGS, if it matters.  No other SPs or EPs.  I am running a bunch of items of AwesomeWare, not including notownieregen or antiredundancy.

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE:  I got the YA graduated and back in the main hood Sim bin, then added a second custom Uni subhood.  No townie teens are showing up as eligible to send to that new subhood either.  I was really hoping to be able to do that, otherwise all my playable Sims will be either first-cousins or something more distant but still related.  Roll Eyes

UPDATE 2:  I found a tedious but acceptable workaround.  After moving in a playable YA to a residential Uni lot, I can teleport in as many townie teens as I want using Inge's painting.  After saving, I can move the whole group out to the Sim bin, then move them into a dorm.  At that point the teens will transition to YAs as expected.

That being said, I still wouldn't mind knowing what I did wrong, and if there's a less tedious solution.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 21, 04:37:55 by jwaas » Logged
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: I broke my Uni subhood -- workaround found
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 22, 06:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had that problem with generated teens.  However, I recently had that problem with some manufactured teens.  I am populating a neighborhood with other people's sims, and I was making groups in CAS.  It's easier for me to make them as adults but age them down.  I have one holding lot which I use to teleport in sims, give them custom hair if they are known for wearing it (so they have proper genetics), and age them down, then turn them back into townies again.

I found that my issue must have been that I re-townified them before they were completely done age transitioning.  I ended up with a bunch of sims that looked like teens but were regarded as adults--annoying because my game made other townies for the kids to bring home from school, and I had random teens coming home from adults with work.  What I did to fix it was to summon them back to the lot, age them into teens yet AGAIN, wait a decent amount of time so I know that they are officially teens, and then turn them back into townies.  This worked.

While this does not explain what's going on with your teens, this may be a way to quickly fix them so they are behaving as teens AND sendable to college.  I used InSim's functions, but I'm sure any combination of hacks and/or debug mode that will let you change the age of a sim and townify them afterwards should work similarly.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: I broke my Uni subhood -- workaround found
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 22, 21:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting, and annoying in a different way.  In my game, the teens are definitely teens -- they talk like teens, come home from school with my teens (and not my adults!), etc.  But perhaps next time I'll teleport one or two of them in with Inge's painting, make them selectable, then use InSim to age them from teens to ... teens.  Tongue  And then retownify them.  It certainly couldn't do any harm.  Maybe.  Probably.  Lips sealed

If this works, I'll report back.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: