More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:11:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Serious Business
| |-+  Secret Desert Headquarters
| | |-+  Spore Discussions
| | | |-+  hidden cell, and flora editors!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: hidden cell, and flora editors!  (Read 3824 times)
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
hidden cell, and flora editors!
« on: 2009 January 20, 04:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently there are hidden editors in the game. If you change the game shortcut's route, to

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Sporebin\SporeApp.exe" -state:CellEditor

you get a cell editor comparable to the debug mode CAS in The Sims 2. It has an array of different parts, such as alternative mouths, and cilia. Though, you unfortunately can't use them to play, but it is a bit fun to make a cell with new parts.
The other editor is very buggy, and is completely useless. It crashes, half of the parts are not named, and the other half are invisible. You can't even place the roots propperly! If that is what EA used to make the flora in the game, I feel sorry for their employees.

Just wanted to share, and also I have noticed the cursor is a tilted starfleet symbol. Probably just a coincidence. Though there appear to be other small references to Star Trek in Space Stage, so who knows.

This is the editors in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hohexIa-_0I
« Last Edit: 2009 January 21, 02:45:19 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
swmeek
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: hidden cell, and flora editors!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 09, 05:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The damn cell editor should've been there to begin with without having to resort to these means.
But thanks for the tips!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: