More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 19:42:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims 2 and Windows 7
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 2 and Windows 7  (Read 146830 times)
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Sims 2 and Windows 7
« Reply #50 on: 2010 September 30, 04:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Starting to think it's the neighborhood that's corrupt. It only happens in Veronaville. What made me miss it in the first place was that I had just installed my game to a new computer that came with Windows 7, and assumed that a newly-installed game could not have a corrupt neighborhood in it. I tried some lots in Strangetown and Pleasantview; they worked fine. Odd--i've never had issues with Veronaville before.

Oh, well, I'll just get rid of it. It's not like I actually play the Maxis-mades anyway (though it's kind of traditional to zombify Juliette on occasion).

Officially Weird
Alexandra
Asinine Airhead

I hate Vista.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 October 05, 06:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had been running TS2 and all expansions on Vista the memory hog and 2 GB of RAM.  Thankfully that computer somehow got fried and now I have a new computer with Windows 7, 2 GB of RAM.  I have all EPs and SPs and it works a lot BETTER.  I can up the performance on the graphics, do a faster refresh rate, and have nicer detail.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2010 October 05, 07:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got a new PC.  The technolergy is about three years old (Core 2 Duo), but it's got 4GB RAM and runs Windows 7 fine.  The Sims 2 with all expansions and several Stuff Packs, plus a couple gigs of CC, runs like a dream.  It all installed and runs without a hitch, much easier than TS3, which I find ironic, considering TS2 was designed to run on Windows 98 through XP (the system requirements on the Apartment Life case I own don't even mention Vista.)

I was told before installing that TS2 could have issues with the User Account Control feature in Vista and 7, and that this could be circumvented by installing the games to someplace other than the default location.  I can't say whether this was good advice, because the fellow who built the rig for me advised me to shut UAC off completely, as it would accomplish nothing for someone with my computing habits except to drive me insane.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Alexandra
Asinine Airhead

I hate Vista.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 October 05, 07:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Vista and in 7, sometimes when I go to extract a zipped file to, say, Overrides (Inteen comes to mind here) it won't let me.  So--I just do a drag and drop, works fine.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 October 05, 14:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got a new PC.  The technolergy is about three years old (Core 2 Duo), but it's got 4GB RAM and runs Windows 7 fine.  The Sims 2 with all expansions and several Stuff Packs, plus a couple gigs of CC, runs like a dream.  It all installed and runs without a hitch, much easier than TS3, which I find ironic, considering TS2 was designed to run on Windows 98 through XP (the system requirements on the Apartment Life case I own don't even mention Vista.)

I was told before installing that TS2 could have issues with the User Account Control feature in Vista and 7, and that this could be circumvented by installing the games to someplace other than the default location.  I can't say whether this was good advice, because the fellow who built the rig for me advised me to shut UAC off completely, as it would accomplish nothing for someone with my computing habits except to drive me insane.
Where is this the option to turn this off? I needs it. I installed everything to the base directory and I've been afraid to muck around with it once I found out that was a Bad Idea.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010 October 05, 19:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where is this the option to turn this off? I needs it. I installed everything to the base directory and I've been afraid to muck around with it once I found out that was a Bad Idea.

Just do a quick "Help and Support" search for "User Account Control" and it'll link you right where you need to go to shut it off.

Also, Alexandra, we don't care.  Shut the fuck up, get the fuck out, and die in a fire.  "Love, Everyone"

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Cynarra
Blathering Buffoon

S&W: The original point and click interface. ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 October 05, 22:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windows 7 will also save old corrupt stuff and uninstalled items in the Virtual Store folder unless you install the Sims 2 in it's own directory.

My problems were completely resolved with the game by direct installing into C:\EA Games and disabling the User Account Control.

I AM THE LAW!  Judge Dredd
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010 October 06, 01:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just go into the control panel, then into user accounts.  From there you an turn off the UAC.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Starpoo
Asinine Airhead

Another thing we must NEVAR FORGET!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 October 15, 23:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS2 was designed to run on Windows 98 through XP (the system requirements on the Apartment Life case I own don't even mention Vista.)

Funny, because the Seasons' readme mentions Vista, as "not fully released" or something. But it mentions it nonetheless.

"There isn't enough neurotoxin to kill you. So I guess you win. HA! I'm making more. Thats going to take a few minutes though. Meanwhile, oh look, it's your old pal the rocket turret." --GLaDOS
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: