More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 07:28:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Accessories bin shorting me...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Accessories bin shorting me...  (Read 5235 times)
Dominiquex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Accessories bin shorting me...
« on: 2010 October 15, 01:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been looking everywhere to try and find out an answer for why my Head Accessories (glasses) bin in Bodyshop/CAS/in-game-mirrors seems to run out of space; it will simply stop showing my custom-content at a certain point and switch to shitty Eaxis glasses. If I download more CC, this switch point moves forward. Admittedly I am somewhat of a downloadaholic, but it's irritating. None of my other bins do this. Has anyone heard of some kind of a limit to accessories files like this? A way to push that limit backward? A good way to move general Head Accessory CC to designated jewelry bins (I have NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, FT, AL, M&G stuff)? Much thanks to any input or redirection.
Aquilegia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: Accessories bin shorting me...
« Reply #1 on: 2010 October 15, 09:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why you seem to have a file limit, but there is a relatively painless way of putting accessories into jewelry bins -- the Wardrobe Wrangler. Now, the option says it's to upgrade to Bon Voyage jewelry bins, but I know FT and AL at least also included the option, so it may work. I'd make a backup of one file, then bin that and see if it's accessible in-game.
Dominiquex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 October 16, 01:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? I'd read (maybe on one of these boards, maybe at another site) that the Wardrobe Wrangler didn't work for FT-based jewelry bins vs BV... Regardless, thanks for the response.
Aquilegia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 October 16, 11:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, rats.  It might be worth giving a try, nonetheless... I'd do it myself if I didn't have BV. Undecided Otherwise, it's the long way with SimPE, for which the instructions exist somewhere here.
Dominiquex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 October 16, 17:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Wardrobe Wrangler editing attempted and non-successful. I'll look up the SimPE method, but in the meantime does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

And (I pray I'm not just failing at Google here, but...) I've been combing the internets for non-BV accessory/jewelry re-binning tutorial with SimPE and have had zip luck. There's an excellent pre-Wardrobe Wrangler SimPE tutorial here on MATY for BV, but not other jewelry re-binning.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 16, 18:22:15 by StarGirl » Logged
Aquilegia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010 October 16, 22:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to Almight Hat here, the SimPE method should work no matter your game version, but I'm not sure if her instructions are the same as the MATY instructions.

Since this got me curious and annoyed I couldn't find any specific tutorials either, I took a dig through the game files to see if I could figure out the differences -- if any -- in the changes between FT/AL jewelry and BV jewelry.  As far as I can tell, the only place that makes a difference is in the 3DIR -- you will always want to use 0xD327EED9 as your instance. So in theory there's no reason why the SimPE tutorial here wouldn't work.

I don't know why the Wardrobe Wrangler options make jewelry binned with it unusuable in non-BV games; I compared numbers and couldn't find any reason why they shouldn't.  Undecided I am but an egg when it comes to digging about with SimPE, however.

If that doesn't work and no one else pipes up, you might be able to rouse someone on MTS who can help, in their create forums.
Dominiquex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 October 16, 23:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aquilegia, thank you muchly for your assistance and homework Smiley I'm pretty good at following directions, so I'll make it work.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: