More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:23:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  "Dr. Wife" outfit
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Dr. Wife" outfit  (Read 17335 times)
CandyToast
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP/INTJ Half C-3P0, Half evil genius

View Profile
"Dr. Wife" outfit
« on: 2009 January 20, 00:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has always bothered me that I could not get my hands on/mutilate the official skin of Her Awesomeness Dr. Wife.
However, I was able to mutilate myself an outfit that is just as good.

BEHOLD:

NOTICE: All textures used herein were shamelessly pillaged and cobbled together by me over several hours.
I take 0 credit for any of the craftsmanship done by Xianah.
The Textures are from: Girlz Night Out, Synz I, and Lust INC.
The mesh is included for the sake of completeness, but can be removed upon request. [In fact, this entire download would be if asked] 
Original mesh link: http://simderz.moonfruit.com/ under *LUST INC* in the "Downloads" Section.

If any objections come of this upload, feel free to contact me; I'm always lurking about.

Enjoy
CToast

* Dr. Wife (MATY).rar (277.81 KB - downloaded 461 times.)

"The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions"
Fold Spindle Mutilate!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: "Dr. Wife" outfit
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 20, 00:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, all the skins are pretty much in the same place you got your base from. That one looks a tad emaciated, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
CandyToast
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 20, 00:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Shrugs* I somehow failed to make it turn out, so that was my final result. I think its pretty rad, although now that you say it, it does look a bit emaciated.

Fold Spindle Mutilate!
Xianah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 20, 22:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In future can you please contact me before you use my textures for things you plan to share.

Anyhoo, I used to get very upset about this kind of thing.. but well life is too short - as long as people ask I would probably help them out and make something for them or help them with textures.

On the up side, I'm glad you liked my textures.

Xianah
xXx
CandyToast
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 January 20, 23:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember that you used to get very upset and I didn't quite know where to contact you, via your message board etc. I did not think to check and see if you had an account here,
my apologies!

Fold Spindle Mutilate!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 January 21, 15:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You gotta love that logic, "I thought if I shared it somewhere you didn't have an account at, it'd be okay."

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 January 21, 18:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to cast aspersions on anyone, but the OP did credit Xianah and is not taking credit for her work.  This looks to me like a self-sim that uses cc, similar to those shared in MUA.  If I had made the textures/meshes in question, I would regard it as flattery or an endorsement of my work and be pleased that someone liked them.  Whence cometh this "being upset"?

Tribulatio proxima est
CandyToast
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 January 21, 21:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You gotta love that logic, "I thought if I shared it somewhere you didn't have an account at, it'd be okay."

That wasn't what I meant at all, I'm sorry it sounds that way. I admit if I had done a bit more research into where she had accounts; I would have asked permission beforehand, instead of belatedly. Honestly, have you SEEN the message board at her site? It's made entirely out of ZOMG!!! I LUVZ URSTUFFIZ!!! actually putting anything of substance on it would be lost in the fray. As I said above, if this is going to turn into a massive shitstorm I will take it down. No hard feelings.

Not to cast aspersions on anyone, but the OP did credit Xianah and is not taking credit for her work.  This looks to me like a self-sim that uses cc, similar to those shared in MUA.  If I had made the textures/meshes in question, I would regard it as flattery or an endorsement of my work and be pleased that someone liked them.  Whence cometh this "being upset"?

Funny enough Jolrei, that was exactly the logic I was using. The "being upset" has to do with back in 2004-2006 lots of 12s posted her work on the exchange, mutilated her textures (badly) and then took 100% total credit. They were pretty rude; I can see that being upsetting.  However, I was so excited to share my little project that I neglected to get permission. I admit to being in the wrong, apologized and there isn't much else that can be done, is there?
« Last Edit: 2009 January 21, 22:09:14 by CandyToast » Logged

Fold Spindle Mutilate!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 January 22, 04:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this issue was already resolved. No need to create a hissy where there isn't one.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 January 22, 14:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for the record, I actually have one of her outfits in my game already, and I didn't get it here. Should see if I can figure out where the thing came from, it is a most awesome catsuit with stompy boots.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 January 23, 06:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, for various reasons, the shiny-based textures seem to work much better when they do not move, like in static photos: They tend to look really horrid in motion. You should probably pursue procedural shininess using the MATD.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 January 27, 06:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the outfit she wears that I happened to have:
http://linna.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=240184

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
CandyToast
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 January 29, 23:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not so sure how to reduce shininess, but I can look into it.

Thank you akatonbo for the link; I'm not so interested in the textures, but I like the spike-free mesh. The spiked boots are not my style.

Fold Spindle Mutilate!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 January 30, 07:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you akatonbo for the link; I'm not so interested in the textures, but I like the spike-free mesh. The spiked boots are not my style.
The wife, on the other hand, likes spikes, but says if you're not careful, they can get stuck in your opponent's corpse.

CandyToast
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 January 30, 11:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see that being an issue. They say love is never having to bury the bodies alone.

Fold Spindle Mutilate!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: