More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 18:07:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The War Room
| | |-+  Correcting the DNA of Strangetown premade characters
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Correcting the DNA of Strangetown premade characters  (Read 273619 times)
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Correcting the DNA of Strangetown premade characters
« Reply #75 on: 2006 January 13, 03:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I  changed Jenny's DNA to make it so that she isnt homgynous and would have a little from her parents too.  Well I made it so that she has both S1 and S3 in her DNA...For Skintones Passed on I made 6(dstring) S3 and 268435462 S1.   It changed her skintone from S1 to S3...Is 6(dstring) supposed to be the same as Expressed Skintone 2 (dstring)...Bc then it would seem like 6(dstring is actually expressed skintone or am I confused at what they really mean...I did the same thing to Ophelia...I went back in SimPe and switched what I had for 6(dstring) and 268435462 and their skintones matched their originals...Am I messing up future generation skintones or am I on track now...Im changing everyone's DNA in ST so that they arent so homogynous...I guess what I need to now is if I want Jenny to pass on both S1 and S3 how should I change it?

ISFJ
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 January 13, 13:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, when a sim has two different skintones to be passed on (like S1 and S3 in your case), there is a 50/50 chance of passing one of them on with each future child.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 January 23, 03:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I  changed Jenny's DNA to make it so that she isnt homgynous and would have a little from her parents too.  Well I made it so that she has both S1 and S3 in her DNA...For Skintones Passed on I made 6(dstring) S3 and 268435462 S1.   It changed her skintone from S1 to S3...Is 6(dstring) supposed to be the same as Expressed Skintone 2 (dstring)...Bc then it would seem like 6(dstring is actually expressed skintone or am I confused at what they really mean...

I have made a lot of experimenting with skin tone genetics and I have come to the same conclusion as you. The skin tone code on line 6(dstring is the skin tone of the sim. I first found out when I repaired the DNA of Jill and Johnny. I liked her to pass on the alien skin tone from her father so I put alien skin tone on  6(dstring and  white on 268435462(dstring. I did the opposit on Johnny. It turned out that Jill became alien and Johnny was white. I switched the code for both and Johnny turned to alien and Jill to white.
I then made a table with the skin DNA for a lot of sims:

Example:                        Parent1,white        Parent2,black      Son,tan    Son's Wife,alien   Child of son,tan                       

2 (dtString)                                white                    black            white                alien                    tan
268435458 (dtString):                 white                    black             black                white                  alien
268435462 (dtString):                 white                    black             tan                  white                  alien
6 (dtString)                                white                    black             tan                  alen                     tan

The only line that conequently showed the skin tone of the sim was 6 (dtString). I think 2 (dtString) is used for the same purpose on all corrupted sims that don't have a  6 (dtString). The code at 268435462 (dtString) is the second "pass on" gene.
In a complete DNA the 2 (dtString) and 268435458 (dtString) is the skin tone DNA from the parents. Those two codes are used as a "range" to calculate the skin tone of the sim.

So the explanaton of the four codes are:

2 (dtString)  Parent1
268435458 (dtString) parent2
268435462 (dtString) Pass on, Recessive
6 (dtString) Pass on, Dominant and Expressed

Correct me if I'm wrong!
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 January 23, 05:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, two of the skintone genes are only there to show which genes the sim inherited from his/her parents ("skintone range"), and the other two are expressed/passed-on genes.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 January 23, 15:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because the child has a human skintone, it theoretically cannot have alien eyes. We know this doesn't always work because there have been some scary-looking sims born who had alien eyes in human skintones, or had alien-sized eyes with human-coloured pupils. But in theory, it shouldn't happen.

Hmm -- I had something interesting happen that seemed related:

Sim Walther is 1/4 alien. He expressed a human skintone and (I thought) ordinary brown eyes. None of his anscestors had any custom genetics. When I downloaded replacements for the default Maxis eyes, every other Sim's eyes changed to the new defaults, except Walther's. His remained the regular Maxis brown instead of the new replacement brown.

Does the game have some kind of "replacement" alien eyecolor for Sims with some alien genes but an expressed human skintone?
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 January 23, 18:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The eye shape and eye color are two completely separate things genetically. I've had several babies born in my game with a human skintone and alien-shaped eyes. I think it's the alien eye-color that's not supposed to express on normal human skintones.

Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 January 24, 02:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the explanaton of the four codes are:

2 (dtString)  Parent1
268435458 (dtString) parent2
268435462 (dtString) Pass on, Recessive
6 (dtString) Pass on, Dominant and Expressed

Correct me if I'm wrong!

I agree too. 

Does the game have some kind of "replacement" alien eyecolor for Sims with some alien genes but an expressed human skintone?

Its odd that your sim didnt get the replacements.  Did you look at his genetics in SimPe bc as long as he has the brown eye code the maxis eyecolor should have changed to the replacement. 

ISFJ
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 January 24, 06:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bc as long as he has the brown eye code the maxis eyecolor should have changed to the replacement. 

aliens in my game go from having the alien eye color as babys/toddlers/children to - those brown maxis eyes as teens, then back to alien eye color as adults (can't remember about YAs)

and I have default eye replacements  Huh   

I think the teen thing evens happens when I also have alien eye color replacements in, will be able to check that soon since Daniel Pleasant got abducted  Grin
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 January 25, 06:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you look at his genetics in SimPe bc as long as he has the brown eye code the maxis eyecolor should have changed to the replacement.

I'm on a Mac and can't use SimPE, but I checked his DNA in-game, and it reads:
EyeColor:
12d4f3e1-fdbe-4fe7ace3-46dd9ff52b51 (uuface_eye_alien)
0758508c-7111-40f9-b33b-706464626ac9 (uuface_eye_gray)

If that's to be trusted, he has no genes for brown eyes at all. I also checked the DNA of his two sisters, and the eye part is identical. The sister who shows medium-dark skin like Walther has the same Maxis-default-brown looking eyes. The other sister shows the alien skintone and her eyes show as black alien eyes. Hmm.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 January 25, 09:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "alien eyes" are essentially a null alpha, which causes the underlying texture below to be painted as the eyes. This is why the alien eyes only function with the alien skin.

When mapped onto a human skin, the result will be what is usually painted onto the skin where the eye-holes would be, brown Maxian eyes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 January 25, 09:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew it had something to do with those default brown eyes that show up on the skins, but I wasn't sure how it would happen.  But if you have an alien eyes default replacement, such as the ones at Laverwinkle sims, would that override the null alpha effect?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 January 25, 09:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might, depending on what reggikko.com's "eye replacement" does.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 January 25, 09:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure.  I know that it's not a part of the alien skin; it's a separate file.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 January 26, 03:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When mapped onto a human skin, the result will be what is usually painted onto the skin where the eye-holes would be, brown Maxian eyes.

Ok I got it now...I didnt realize that bc all aliens in my game have brown eyes genes anyway so I would have assumed that where they got it from.

ISFJ
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 January 31, 03:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have you guys updated your SimPe yet? It was released in the last day or so and it makes the genetic section much much easier to understand.  It lists the strings under dominent and recessive then breaks it down into hair, eye etc.  Very noice Grin
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 January 31, 04:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for letting us know.  I havn't checked Simpe site in a week or so bc its been awhile since they updated.

ISFJ
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 January 31, 05:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it was in the QA release, but I hadn't bothered using it because it doesn't have the installer that associates your package files and all that nice stuff. Wink
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 January 31, 12:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have you guys updated your SimPe yet? It was released in the last day or so and it makes the genetic section much much easier to understand.  It lists the strings under dominent and recessive then breaks it down into hair, eye etc.  Very noice Grin

I agree, this is a big improvement.  It takes the guesswork out of changing the DNA strings.

Now if they would ever get around to fixing the misspelling of "Family" on the Sim Description screen, I would be really happy.  It may sound like a small thing, but stuff like that really gets on my nerves, especially when it's so easily fixed.

Karen
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 January 31, 12:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, there are numerous misspellings throughout the program, such as "Gradparent" in the relationship fields.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 January 31, 14:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, there are numerous misspellings throughout the program, such as "Gradparent" in the relationship fields.

Then you should report them at the SimPE forum so that they can be fixed. Quaxi is German so he may not notice all English mispellings.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 January 31, 14:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did they take away the classic interface?
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 January 31, 15:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did they take away the classic interface?

No, it's still included in the full version of the download.

tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 January 31, 15:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you should report them at the SimPE forum so that they can be fixed. Quaxi is German so he may not notice all English mispellings.

Just what I was going to say Smiley

Add any more you find to this thread http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/viewtopic.php?t=2549

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 January 31, 15:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Along the lines of DNA...

I am not sure what happened, but I really need to know how much it matters. In my matyhood I noticed the other night when I was exporting some facial data, that all of my characters submitted by members of this forum have dna in the wrong order, and I mean really wrong. The NPC's data are fine, but every single maty sim has the same order of dna but its a totally screwy order.

So tell me, does it matter if all the strings are there, just not in the right order?
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 January 31, 16:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Along the lines of DNA...

I am not sure what happened, but I really need to know how much it matters. In my matyhood I noticed the other night when I was exporting some facial data, that all of my characters submitted by members of this forum have dna in the wrong order, and I mean really wrong. The NPC's data are fine, but every single maty sim has the same order of dna but its a totally screwy order.

So tell me, does it matter if all the strings are there, just not in the right order?

Chacraters that are created or born after the installation of University, have the DNA lines in a different order. The numbers for the lines still mean the same things, they are just listed in a different order. But if you get the latest SimPE, you won't need to guess what's what anymore, all the lines have been given names.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: