More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:45:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The War Room
| | |-+  Correcting the DNA of Strangetown premade characters
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Correcting the DNA of Strangetown premade characters  (Read 271957 times)
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Correcting the DNA of Strangetown premade characters
« Reply #175 on: 2006 May 11, 00:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok you are in the right place to change the genes of the sims if you want to change the skin colour click on the right of the pannel where the numbers are then you can delete 00000001-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 and put the skin colour in that you want  like alien skin 6baf064a-85ad-4e37-8d81-a987e9f8da46 click commit and then save the file. there your done
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2006 May 11, 23:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay - did more poking around and I think it just looks different in this version of SimPE.  Instead of things labeled the way baratron described: 1 (dtString): 00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, it's simply labeled as Hair, with 00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 over to the right.

After checking several Veronaville and Strangetown premade characters against OFB premade characters, the "SkintoneRange" lines are always filled in.  The missing DNA lines are labeled as "Skintone", so my conclusion is that the Skintone lines indicate the skintone passed on.

Could someone with SimPE 0.58 please check to see if I got this right?

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2006 May 11, 23:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes the missing DNA is the skintones that is why it sometimes crashes at child birth the game is try to locate the skintones which are not there. The top pannel is for skintones that are passed on and the bottom pannel is for skintones that are not I think pased on.
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2006 May 14, 21:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay - did more poking around and I think it just looks different in this version of SimPE.  Instead of things labeled the way baratron described: 1 (dtString): 00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, it's simply labeled as Hair, with 00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 over to the right.

After checking several Veronaville and Strangetown premade characters against OFB premade characters, the "SkintoneRange" lines are always filled in.  The missing DNA lines are labeled as "Skintone", so my conclusion is that the Skintone lines indicate the skintone passed on.

Could someone with SimPE 0.58 please check to see if I got this right?

The skintone range is filled in but not with the correct values. There should be one code from each parent's expressed skintone. The dominant skinton is also the expressed one. The character's expessed skintone is one in the range.  The recessive skintone is one of the parents expessed skintone selected at random. If you download the Strangetown files from Simsbaby's site you can compare the changes made by Starrkist. You only need to replace the neighborhood files.

There are one homogynous and one heterozygous file for Strangetown.
The Veronavile file from Starrkist is homogynous, for the moment I hope.
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2006 May 16, 12:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you need to upload the character folder.  Embarrassed

Could you please put the files on your site now? As I have tested only
these files are necessary.

N002_neighborhood.package  Homogeneous
N002_neighborhood.package  Heterogeneous
N003_neighborhood.package  Homogeneous

As you may have noticed, english is not my native language, so I looked
up the spelling of these strange words used in this thread:

Homogynous :is spelt Homogeneous or Homogenous
Heterozygous is spelt Heterogeneous

Heterozygous was not even in the dictionary so I translated from my native language.
Is it UK vs US English or.....?

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2006 May 16, 12:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny you pointed it out. I just read it without even thinking of the correct english word. They're "plagiarized" from the greek language anyway, and I happen to be greek, so they looked perfectly normal to me  Roll Eyes

Let the Beast inside you free!
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2006 May 16, 17:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny you pointed it out. I just read it without even thinking of the correct english word. They're "plagiarized" from the greek language anyway, and I happen to be greek, so they looked perfectly normal to me  Roll Eyes

Here are the definitions:

"Heterozygous: Possessing two different forms of a particular gene, one inherited from each parent. A person who is heterozygous is called a heterozygote or a gene carrier.
Heterozygous is in contrast to homozygous, the possession of two identical copies of the same gene."

So these are medical terminology.
"From Greek -zugos, yoked, from zugon, yoke; see yeug- in Indo-European roots."

Strange that homogynous, homogeneous is used instead of homozygous.

cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2006 June 01, 15:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, Starrkist, thanks for the hard work.  I did dl and put in the files for both n'hoods, however for some reason, the file for N003 made that n'hood disapear!  I asked around and no one knew why.  I don't know if you would know why either.  To get the n'hood to show up again in the choose n'hood panel I had to go to another user account and copy the N003 file and paste over the newly dl'd one from here.  If you have any ideas why one n'hood worked and the other didn't I'd be happy to try most anything.  I'd love to fix the DNA in this hood.

Thanks again for all your hard work on this.  It is appreciated.

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2006 June 01, 17:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I don't feel like such an idiot now. The same thing happened to me after I downloaded these; Veronaville disappeared. Not that I'm stressed, I never have played it much anyway but I'm not sure what I did wrong. Actually I have NO idea what I did wrong. Embarrassed

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2006 June 04, 19:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I don't feel like such an idiot now. The same thing happened to me after I downloaded these; Veronaville disappeared. Not that I'm stressed, I never have played it much anyway but I'm not sure what I did wrong. Actually I have NO idea what I did wrong. Embarrassed

I have verified that what you say is true.
I started with a fresh game and copied the new N003_Neighborhood.package over the existing one.
When I entered the game Veronaville is not selectable.

When I verified the Veronaville DNA file last time I had EP2 and EP3 and I
didn't notice this. Now I also have EP1 and now Veronaville dissappear.

Can anyone out there verify that it works and with what expansions?

« Last Edit: 2006 June 04, 20:26:06 by Morphar » Logged
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2006 June 04, 21:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As an experiment I made my own version of the Veronaville neighborhood file.
Veronaville did not dissappeare with that file.

It seems we have to make one version of Veronaville for each EP combination.
Strangely Strangetown works.

KellyQ:
 cheriem:

What EP's do you have installed?
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2006 June 05, 03:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have updated my site, it can now be found here at the bottom.
http://web.mac.com/simsbaby/iWeb/Simscorner/Downloads.html

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2006 June 06, 13:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As an experiment I made my own version of the Veronaville neighborhood file.
Veronaville did not dissappeare with that file.

It seems we have to make one version of Veronaville for each EP combination.
Strangely Strangetown works.

KellyQ:
 cheriem:

What EP's do you have installed?

It's Mrs CrumpleBottom that causes this error. In a fresh unplayed game she is not shown in SimDescription
in SimPE. In the Veronaville file from StarrKist she is there as instance number 1B5. There is also
an extra Unknown at the end of the list with instance number 1B6.

Those two are not in a started but unplayed game. The list ends with Pollination Technician 11 that
is instance 1B4.

Either StarrKist selected Veronaville and added the City before she made this file or
something. I don't know if it's now possible to remove them in SimPE.

I have made a Veronaville that works but I just filled in the missing skintones so that
they are homozygous. You can easily do it yourselfes in SimPE. It's not that many characters involved.
Just copy the value in the Skintone Range to the corresponding Skintone.

But for a real Heterozygous file you need geneology resersh.

Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2006 June 07, 15:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either StarrKist selected Veronaville and added the downtown before she made this file or
something. I don't know if it's now possible to remove them in SimPE.

This is really strange. I started a fresh game and entered Veronaville and selected the downtown
then finished game. I checked the N003_Neighborhood file with SimPE.  Mrs CrumpleBottom and the unknown
is now there but the list does not end there as in StarrKist file. It continue with a lot of characters.

Is this because I have EP1, EP2 and EP3 and Starrkist had another combinations of EP's.

There is no  Mrs CrumpleBottom in the file if you just start the game and finish without entering Veronaville.
Where does she came from?

Also I tried to delete her in SimPE and it is still not possible to do in version 0.58.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2006 June 07, 17:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is probably in that StarrKist  ran the game after editing the files. SimPE itself couldn't have done anything to the files to mark them as EP required, so since we are talking about files from the base game, they would have been compatible for anyone. But as soon as the game was started, the files were marked as requiring whatever EPs she has.

One way to solve that would be to edit blindly. Edit the files, make a copy, test the copy... if changes are needed, edit the original again and test another copy. That is, unless the changes she made require editing from within the game as well. If that's the case, the files will have to be made on a computer that has no EPs installed.

Fail.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2006 June 07, 17:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I lost this thread somehow...I had EP1, EP2, and EP3 when I made Veronaville...I didnt add subhoods at all and I did it the same way as Strangetown...Huh...I know of one person that had a problem bc they had already started playing it so everything reset for them and they lost all the progress they made, but thats the only thing I heard of so far...When I edited Strangetown I redownloaded the one I uploaded here and made changes to that one...

Yeah basically I have no idea what I did wrong too since it seems that Strangetown works

It must be the EP requirements that is messing up for some people...Oh and i also edied out all links to the older stuff so if you downloaded from my website its not the right one anyway
« Last Edit: 2006 June 07, 18:30:53 by StarrKist » Logged

ISFJ
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2006 June 08, 21:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I lost this thread somehow...I had EP1, EP2, and EP3 when I made Veronaville...I didnt add subhoods at all and I did it the same way as Strangetown...Huh...I know of one person that had a problem bc they had already started playing it so everything reset for them and they lost all the progress they made, but thats the only thing I heard of so far...When I edited Strangetown I redownloaded the one I uploaded here and made changes to that one...

Yeah basically I have no idea what I did wrong too since it seems that Strangetown works

It must be the EP requirements that is messing up for some people...Oh and i also edied out all links to the older stuff so if you downloaded from my website its not the right one anyway

I have now reconstructed how you must have made the Veronaville file. At least the file I have.

1 - If you start the game and immediately finish it the Veronaville Neighborhood file contains 186
characters. The list ends with Pollination Technician 11, Instance 1B4.

2 - If you start the game and enter Veronaville without selecting a shopping centre and then finish game
the file contains 188 characters. MrsCrumpleBottom, instance 1B5 and an Unknown 1B6 are added. This is
how your file looks like.

3 - If you start the game and enter Veronaville and select a shopping centre too and then finish game
the file contains 266 characters. Characters are added after MrsCrumpleBottom and the Unknown.

Now if I exchange the one created as in case 1 with one created as in case 1 but edited in SimPE it works.
If I exchange the file created as in case 1 with your file Veronaville is not there.

I also tried a workaround by starting the game as in case 2 and exchange the created one with yours.
It is not working either.

Can you please check if I have the correct file to start with?

cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2006 June 12, 14:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I have all the EP's and holiday pack.  No FFS.  I have no clue what the matter is with it, I just know that the n'hood drops out of view in the choose N'hood panel.  If I look in the N'hood files, Verona is there, but it will not show up to choose to enter that n'hood from the game.

ncnovembergrl
Asinine Airhead

Crush U!

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2006 June 20, 05:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very good tutorial! Easy to understand. Thank you! Smiley

"Just being born in the South doesn't  make you a Southerner. A cat can have kittens in an oven but that don't make them biscuits."
vpw
« Reply #194 on: 2006 July 19, 15:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok....I've been lurking for a while and experiencing the problems that u guys r trying and up to a certain extent fixed.
I d/l the fixed neighborhood file at this address http://web.mac.com/simsbaby/iWeb/Simscorner/Downloads.html
I believe that's the only file I need?
So when I do install it or place it?
Do I have to install all the expansion packs first then place the file or do I have to place it after I installed certain expansion packs, I have Uni, Nightlife and OFB, probably getting FFS soon.
Much thanks.
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2006 July 22, 20:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok....I've been lurking for a while and experiencing the problems that u guys r trying and up to a certain extent fixed.
I d/l the fixed neighborhood file at this address http://web.mac.com/simsbaby/iWeb/Simscorner/Downloads.html
I believe that's the only file I need?
So when I do install it or place it?
Do I have to install all the expansion packs first then place the file or do I have to place it after I installed certain expansion packs, I have Uni, Nightlife and OFB, probably getting FFS soon.
Much thanks.

Yes, N002_Neighborhood.package is the only file you need.

Just overwrite the existing file with the same name. The existing file is in the map My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neigborhood\N002

No, the file must be overwritten each time you start a new game. The first time you start the game the directory My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 is created. That's where your game data is saved when you save a game. To install this file you just start the game and exit without entering any neighborhood. Then you owerwrite the existing  N002_Neighborhood.package file. Next time you enter the game the DNA is corrected in Strangetown.
« Last Edit: 2006 July 22, 21:02:49 by Morphar » Logged
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2006 July 23, 12:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to check, couldn't you place the file in Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods\N002, which would mean that the file with corrected DNA would install itself every time you start a new game (provided you don't reinstall)?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2006 July 23, 14:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to check, couldn't you place the file in Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods\N002, which would mean that the file with corrected DNA would install itself every time you start a new game (provided you don't reinstall)?

I suppose you could (backup the original first), so long as you do it before you even load Strangetown.  IOW, make the changes on an unplayed copy, backup the original, then copy the modified one to that directory.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2006 July 23, 19:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tested and it worked!!

Thank you for enlightening us.
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2006 July 23, 19:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose you could (backup the original first), so long as you do it before you even load Strangetown.  IOW, make the changes on an unplayed copy, backup the original, then copy the modified one to that directory.

The "changes on an unplayed copy" is already created. Just download it from http://web.mac.com/simsbaby/iWeb/Simscorner/Downloads.html

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: