More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 20:20:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The War Room
| | |-+  Correcting the DNA of Strangetown premade characters
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Correcting the DNA of Strangetown premade characters  (Read 273167 times)
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Correcting the DNA of Strangetown premade characters
« Reply #150 on: 2006 April 01, 22:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uni and Nightlife only...No subneighborhoods...I did it with a new game...Oh you know what I initially did it with UNI and NL only but I rechecked it after installing OFB and did have to edit one sim bc I forgot to commit his changes...I was going to upload the whole neighborhood intact bc I would be sure that it would work but my space is full and I only had 34mb left and that was enough for the characters folder and Neighborhood file...

So SimsBaby, your Strangetown DNA is fixed now.

It works great for me. Thank you very much. I appreciate that you fulfilled my whish about Jill Smith.
I have checked all important characters and have only one complaint. Jills brother Johnny is still homogynous.

Another thing that probably isn't caused by this patch. It seems that I have two Nervous Subject. One
have instance number 0x000000FA, that you have corrected, and the other is 0x0000003A that is still
missing DNA. I have not checked which of them are in the game.

There are also two unknowns. Instance 0x00000022 and 0x0000016c.

I downloaded from your page. The files att Simsbaby was emty.

Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2006 April 01, 22:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works fine as long as I don't use N002_Neighborhood.package. The same should be true for Veronaville.

It works for me though. Did you owerwrite the character files or did you remove the old
character map. Not all characters was corrected by Starkist so you must keep the old map.

I could not download from your page. The size of the file was 0 KB.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2006 April 02, 00:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, my host was acting up, should be up a hour after this post.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2006 April 02, 09:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One have instance number 0x000000FA, that you have corrected, and the other is 0x0000003A that is still
missing DNA. I have not checked which of them are in the game.

The Nervous Subject that I didnt fix isnt a playable character anyway so I didnt fix him.  He was the original Nervous Subject but Maxis replaced him with the new one.  You can actually see some sims think or gossip about him.  He has been in the game since the beginning.

Jills brother Johnny is still homogynous.

Crap, your right I double checked and still missed him. I was going to give him recessive red hair and light skin.

ISFJ
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2006 April 02, 20:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to let you know, StarrKist and simsbaby, that all of us who are SimPE virgins or paranoid really appreciate all of this hard work. I won't say "Thanks, this is great," but it IS very generous and helpful of you.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2006 April 12, 21:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crap, your right I double checked and still missed him. I was going to give him recessive red hair and light skin.

How is things?

Any Veronaville in sight?

kiwianagirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2006 April 14, 22:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very very much for the fixed Strangetown Starrkist and I look forward to your Veronaville as I am so wanting to play the hood.

Will you be adding Veronaville to this thread or starting a new one?
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2006 April 15, 00:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry guys I have been working alot of hours this week and not feeling really well but I dont have to work until late tommorrow so Ill get it done in the morning...I have lost my notes about Veronaville so I have to go back through and gather all the information...I accidently overwrote my Sims Database...I think I may need to also uninstall FFS too...Because I get a warning with SimPe and I dont want to crew up my game

ISFJ
kiwianagirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2006 April 15, 01:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much and I hope you feel better soon.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2006 April 15, 21:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, StarrKist for creating and sharing the file!
Thank you, simsbaby for hosting it!

I had not played Strangetown since this last install, now I have less worries about it!
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2006 April 16, 07:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank You Guys!!!!

Im testing Strangetown again for some weird lot crashing on 188 Road to No Where.  It is supposed to be a blank lot.  I tested it and it was still blank after I added my fixed files and it didnt crash.  Huh  I also tested by deleting the lot first and then adding the files, the lot didnt reappear...

There are also two unknowns. Instance 0x00000022 and 0x0000016c.

The Unknowns and some of the Spectre lot ghosts do not have DNA to change.  When I click on DNA it doesnt do anything.

ISFJ
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2006 April 16, 18:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you uploaded the corrected Johnny to Simsbaby's site?
I have corrected it in my game but it would be nice to have it
updated so that I can "spread the word".

Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2006 April 16, 20:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the genetics of Veronaville...I was going to make it so that children would have genetics from both parents but if I did that no one would look the same...Some sims have a haircolor that no one else in the family or eyecolor that no one else has and if I did it the way I wanted most sims would look different than shipped...I think Im just going to add their missing skintones and release it unless someone would like the new genetics that follows Maxian rules...meaning no red hair and green eyes for Tiatania bc Black would dominate over her red hair and no green eyes bc her grandparents and parents dont have it...Monty's dominate hair is brown yet Claudio has Black, yep in my game he has brown like his siblings, only Beatrice and Benedick should have black hair bc of their mother.

Yes I have corrected him...Im going to upload it when I upload Veronaville...It works for me if I just overwrite the N002 neighborhood...Just the Neighborhood file is 1.93MB...Faster to download...Since Character Files dont change shouldnt I just upload the Neighborhood File?

If anyone wants to test the following its just the neighborhood file and should work bc it did on a clean unedited account...Same thing as before but I refixed Johnny's recessive.

* N002_Neighborhood.zip (420.59 KB - downloaded 360 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 April 16, 20:41:48 by StarrKist » Logged

ISFJ
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2006 April 16, 23:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's okay with me to just add the missing skintones. (Frankly, I'm thrilled you're doing it at all...that way I don't have to!)

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2006 April 17, 12:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I have corrected him...Im going to upload it when I upload Veronaville...It works for me if I just overwrite the N002 neighborhood...Just the Neighborhood file is 1.93MB...Faster to download...Since Character Files dont change shouldnt I just upload the Neighborhood File?

If anyone wants to test the following its just the neighborhood file and should work bc it did on a clean unedited account...Same thing as before but I refixed Johnny's recessive.

I have tested now and it works fine vithout the characters file. So no reason to upload the characters file then.
In the characters files I can only see the dominant and expressed information in SimPE.
I think that if you have to change the look of a sim to get the DNA correct then you have to supply the character
file for that sim too.

Was it any similar problem for any character in Strangetown as you now have in Veronavile?

The important thing, in my opinion, is the skintone as it can crash the game.

« Last Edit: 2006 April 17, 12:30:50 by Morphar » Logged
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2006 April 18, 01:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the included Veronavile screenshots were very blurry so I retook them. They all have the original names so you can just replace them.
http://www.filegone.com/xdqr

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
kiwianagirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2006 April 18, 06:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you thank you thank you Starrkist.
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2006 April 18, 18:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Veronaville is here!!!  Drop it in an unplayed N003 Folfer and overwrite the original

I have tested Veronaville.  I have never played
Veronaville but I checked Romeo and Juliet. They are both homogynous. Is that correct?
« Last Edit: 2006 April 20, 17:44:57 by Morphar » Logged
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: 2006 May 03, 19:46:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have we confirmed yet whether there's a working download to fix Strangetown? I won't have time to test anything for at least a week, since I'm about to go out of town, but I'd really like to get the fix in without having to tediously dig around in the guts of my 'hood. -.-

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2006 May 04, 01:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have we confirmed yet whether there's a working download to fix Strangetown? I won't have time to test anything for at least a week, since I'm about to go out of town, but I'd really like to get the fix in without having to tediously dig around in the guts of my 'hood. -.-

Strangetown is correkt now. I only needed the neighborhood file. But Veronaville is strange ;-) in that the characters are all homogynous. If that is intentional or not I don't know.
But go ahead with Strangetown.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 04, 21:43:07 by Morphar » Logged
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2006 May 05, 21:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I havent posted here in a while.  The characters are homogynous bc some people were ok with a homogynous one and I wanted to get that one out.  I was planning on doing a heterozygous one like the one I have in my game but I have been sick and sleeping alot and still working so by the time i get home I can hardly keep my eyes open or fixated on one thing long enough to get it done.

ISFJ
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2006 May 06, 00:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to hear that, StarrKist.  It's good that you are getting plenty of rest.  Hope you feel better soon.  Smiley
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2006 May 06, 01:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry about us, StarrKist. You can't sim if you aren't healthy. And if you aren't simming, you really aren't living! Smiley

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2006 May 09, 09:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So can anyone tell me.....

Is Veronaville and/or Strangetown fixed and ready to download?

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2006 May 11, 00:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, longtime lurker and posting virgin here, please be kind... though I should know better than to ask that on MATY.   Smiley  Instead, please feel free to mock, ridicule, or otherwise make fun of my non-awesomeness.

I like to try things myself, so I gave baratron's tutorial a go in SimPE (v. 0.58) I found that when I opened up the Sim DNA screen that it displays two boxes: one marked dominant gene and one marked recessive gene.  Each box contains 5 lines (eye, facial features, hair, skintone, skintonerange).  I didn't see places to click on "add" or "delete" to fix the DNA.

Any suggestions?

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: