More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 08:46:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pregnacy and Apartments
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pregnacy and Apartments  (Read 6368 times)
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Pregnacy and Apartments
« on: 2009 January 15, 22:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it "normal" for a sim's pregnacy to progress when another occupied apartment is being played?

I had a sim become pregnant and while I was playing her, she progressed to the 2nd Trimester (small bump).  I saved and switched to a different apartment and played that family for about 1 sim day.  Then, I went back to pregnant lady.  She looked bigger, but I wasn't sure (I was squinting at the screen in confusion).  lol  Anyway, I played for about 1 sim day, and she gave birth.

Also, while I was playing the other family, she would come out of her apartment in her non-pregnancy clothes and wander around doing the pregnancy waddle with no visible bump.  But if she changed her clothes (ie to go swimming), the bump would suddenly be visible.

Standard Maxis stupidity?

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Re: Pregnacy and Apartments
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 15, 23:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had a few pregnant sims in apartments (a few at the same time!) and I can't say I've had this problem.  I play each apartment for a sim day.

The only problem I've seen with having babbies in apartments is that when the babby is born and placed in a cot, when I go to the next apartment every man and his dog is trying to go to the apartment to hold the babby (but can't because the door is locked).  When they do go to the apartment to visit, the babby is lying on the floor near the door and the cot is unclickable.  They can pick the baby up and feed it though.  When I go back to the babby's apartment, he/she/it is safely back in the cot.

<insert witty comment here>
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 16, 08:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't there some borkination with the pregnancy morphs sometime around BV/FT? I seem to remember the game wrongly advancing the morph state (1st->2nd, 2nd->3rd) trimester on certain clothes changes but I thought it was fixed with a patch. I don't think it actually advanced the pregnancy though, just the appearance.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 16, 10:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim who gave birth tons of years ago, but still sports the pregnancy waddle all the time when I play any other apartment but hers. It's yucky.

If TS3's "seamless neighborhood" is handled by the code like an actual ginormous apartment lot (which I heavily suspect being true), I believe TS3 will be the biggest borkination pool anyone experienced in gaming history, ever.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 January 16, 19:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe TS3 will be the biggest borkination pool anyone experienced in gaming history, ever.
Cheesy  Sadly, that sounds quite likley.

aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 January 17, 16:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

neither me nor my sims can see the infants, but the ottoma twins can be heard from the apartments next to them. and that silly girl is still wearing her maternity clothing when she visits other lots. i expect that when she's already present on load but not when she visits.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 January 17, 17:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

neither me nor my sims can see the infants
Interesting, I can see infants in neighbouring apts:

Also, here's a scary immage (for the record, she is actually still pregnant):

It may be interesting to note that these pics come from my test hood when I was playing with no CC and very minimal hacks.

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 January 19, 02:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I leave an apartment with a pregnant sim and play the next apartment, all the females that are not pregnant walk with a waddle. Really weird.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 January 23, 15:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The overbite-stomach thing looks like the effect you get if you play with pregnancy wear any outfit installed and dress a sim in separates - for some reason, EAxis enabled pregnancy meshes for nearly all the tops, but none of the bottoms.

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 January 23, 17:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The overbite-stomach thing looks like the effect you get if you play with pregnancy wear any outfit installed and dress a sim in separates - for some reason, EAxis enabled pregnancy meshes for nearly all the tops, but none of the bottoms.

Exception is the naked separated "outfit". When naked, pregnant sims in my game often have a regular naked top and a pregnant bottom part. They look like kangaroos.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 January 24, 23:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thing is, I didn't have pregnancy wear any outfit installed at that point.

By the way, EAxis is really stupid.  >.<

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: