More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 01:40:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Post Seasons Affective Disorder
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Post Seasons Affective Disorder  (Read 3804 times)
theresatv
Asinine Airhead

Transvestite Annoyance

View Profile
Post Seasons Affective Disorder
« on: 2009 January 13, 15:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've recently added BV, FT and AL after running my game for a long time under Seasons. I'm generally happy with the new features but there are a couple of minor annoyances that I have, as they worked under Seasons and I see no reason that they should have been changed. I'm wondering if the relevant parts of Seasons could be used to patch them.

First of all, on-lot ponds no longer appear blue in the neighborhood view or on neighboring lots when there's snow on the ground - they are only shadowy holes. This is happening with all post-Seasons EP's in various combinations and on two completely different PC's, one older with an ATI card and one new and fierce with a Nvidia card. Seems to be independent of neighborhood and custom content too. I've searched for information and haven't found anything - is this a known issue that I'm the only one who cares about, and is there any way to correct it?

Secondly, Sim pathfinding seemed a lot more logical in Seasons - at least they avoided going outdoors to get from one point to another in the same building. Is the pathfinding system set up in such a way that the Seasons "logic" could be brought forward to the later EP's while still allowing Sims to do the new stuff?
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Post Seasons Affective Disorder
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 16, 06:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all, on-lot ponds no longer appear blue in the neighborhood view or on neighboring lots when there's snow on the ground - they are only shadowy holes.

You mean like they've frozen over for the winter?
theresatv
Asinine Airhead

Transvestite Annoyance

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 16, 10:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, they only appear as a snow-covered depression in the ground with a colorless shadow over it. With just Seasons, there was a light blue overlay on top of the snow to make it look like it was still a pond. This is particularly an issue for community lots or unoccupied houses that are never saved with weather/temperature effects. When a pond is "frozen over" on a residential lot I still see the "ice" in the neighborhood view.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 16, 10:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed this behavior, but there is no solution for it. This seems to occur if it is winter on the last lot you played, and therefore, the neighborhood, but not winter on those lots.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 January 19, 02:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, there's a major problem with sim's routing. Improved when I downloaded Pescado's "noroutefail". You can find it in the Hack Directory. I hated when sims go outside and around the building to do something in the next room.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 January 19, 02:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that's what noroutefail even does.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 January 19, 10:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that is not the original use for that mod, but my game improved since I installed it. It's worth a try.  Smiley

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: