More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:02:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31  (Read 272597 times)
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
Re: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.0
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 11, 15:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do i have to replace all of the clocks I already have with this update?

No, but there is one glitch I've found with existing clocks. If you have any of the cheapest single beds (Craftmeister and Cheapeazze), these used to be classified as E3-25 and now they are E2-25. Since E3-25 no longer exists as a setting, these clocks will essentially have no bed class set, so they will calculate the bedtime wrong causing your Sim to sleep in at least an hour late. So long story short, any Sims with cheap beds will have to set the bed class again. Other than that though, it's been smooth sailing for me.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 12, 00:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The E# is cosmetic. If it's being incorrectly displayed, I can fix that, but it's the "25" part that is actually important, meaning 25 NRG/hr.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 12, 20:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The E# is cosmetic. If it's being incorrectly displayed, I can fix that, but it's the "25" part that is actually important, meaning 25 NRG/hr.

That is what I had assumed, but every Sim I had with a cheap bed, after downloading the new sleepclock, had no bed class set and was being sent to bed too late until I set the bed class again. With all other beds, the clock retained the setting just fine. It really doesn't matter to me what the menu displays, so don't fix that on my account. But beds under this class are losing their setting when the clock is updated, so just wanted to make the others aware of that. I'm sure most don't use a lot of cheap beds, and it only has to be fixed once for each bed, so it's not really a big deal.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.1 (01/13/06)
« Reply #28 on: 2006 January 13, 20:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't display the setting that your sim is currently using, so maybe that's why it's not showing up?  For instance, if my sim is set to wake up at 8, then 8 will not show up on the list of hours.  It will skip straight from 7 to 9.

I am having a problem with this new Bed Nazi code.  If my sim invites a visiting sim to relax with them on the bed to woohoo or whatever, the Bed Nazi kicks them out and sends them to the mailbox.  I couldn't understand why the sim kept leaving even after I had invited numerous times, until I took control of her with the Mind Control Mirror.  That's when I saw the sleep clock icon in her queue with NO BED FOR YOU! in it.  I had to turn moveobjects on and move the sleep clock to another room for her to be able to join him.  I had to use moveobjects because the clock was in use at the time and I was just fed up with it by that time.  Can you fix this please???  It's messing with my Romance Sims' lives!
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2006 January 13, 21:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't display the setting that your sim is currently using, so maybe that's why it's not showing up?

It is showing up. All of the classes show up, there isn't one set. Until I set it again. But again (and again and again) it's only a one-time thing after upgrading the clock, and only affects cheap beds, so it's not a big issue. I'll reiterate, my post wasn't a complaint, only a warning for the poster who was asking what they should know before upgrading.

Really, I do know what I'm talking about.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 January 13, 21:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know what you were talking about, it was just a reminder just in case because sometimes we all forget to check little things like this sometimes.  There are so many things to remember about this game. Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 January 14, 03:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a problem with this new Bed Nazi code.  If my sim invites a visiting sim to relax with them on the bed to woohoo or whatever, the Bed Nazi kicks them out and sends them to the mailbox.  I couldn't understand why the sim kept leaving even after I had invited numerous times, until I took control of her with the Mind Control Mirror.  That's when I saw the sleep clock icon in her queue with NO BED FOR YOU! in it.  I had to turn moveobjects on and move the sleep clock to another room for her to be able to join him.  I had to use moveobjects because the clock was in use at the time and I was just fed up with it by that time.  Can you fix this please???  It's messing with my Romance Sims' lives!
This shouldn't happen. The Bed Nazi explicitly checks for whether the sim trying to relax is one of the best friends/lovers of the romance sim(I.E., is a valid woohoo candidate). The only reason you'd be kicked is if a visitor attempts to screw with someone's bed and is not affiliated with one of the owners of the bed in the room. I'll try the test again to see if it's malfunctioning, but it SHOULD work, unless you're trying to mess with the wrong person's bed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 January 14, 04:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will try it again.  The romance sim wasn't the actual owner; he was just "borrowing" the double bed.  He has his own double bed now, so I'll see if that fixes it.
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 January 14, 23:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really love this clock, J.M. - being totally in control always gives me pleasure... Wink

But this new "Bed Nazi" feature is driving me crazy.

Can you please, please, please, please make this function optional...please!

I need your sleepclock to prevent my Sims from getting up at insane times and to get them into their own beds easily (I love your macros!).
For me it's not necessary anyone else is hindered from even touching the beds (e.g. the maid).

Black holes suck!
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 January 16, 08:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So does this mod only work with Maxis beds, not with custom ones? I hardly never use Maxis ones because they are so ugly, but I'd love to try the sleep clock.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 January 16, 08:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using it with custom beds, although the programming can be tricky if you don't know what to make the settings.  I just sort of play around with them until they work for me.  Undecided
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 January 16, 08:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, thanks.. I'll have to try the settings then. There's no way to tell with SimPe or something which beds the custom ones are based on?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 January 16, 08:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may be able to, but not necessarily.  Try the objects data section.
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2006 January 16, 14:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know what you were talking about, it was just a reminder just in case because sometimes we all forget to check little things like this sometimes.

I know. I was just getting annoyed at having to repeat myself over and over again, and that people didn't seem to be reading all of what I wrote. Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 January 16, 14:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need your sleepclock to prevent my Sims from getting up at insane times and to get them into their own beds easily (I love your macros!).
For me it's not necessary anyone else is hindered from even touching the beds (e.g. the maid).
Noted. Will be added in next version.

FreakyRufus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 January 16, 17:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure whether you saw this over on the thread on the Podium, so I'm posting here, too:

Sad I guess I was a little premature in stating that the problem I saw was completely gone.  The case that I tried it out on was for a sleepclock that had one sim assigned to it.  I had the same error (NO BED FOR YOU!!!) again today using a sleepclock that had 2 people assigned to it.

One of the sims who is assigned to the sleepclock invited a visitor to relax on the bed, and the visitor got "repelled" with the NO BED FOR YOU action.  The second sim assigned to the sleepclock was in a different room on the lot at the time.  I've also seen the same thing happen with a roomie -- two sims assigned to the sleepclock, one of them asks a third sim (a resident of the lot) to relax, and the roomie got kicked out of the room.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 January 16, 18:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sleep clock appears to schedule a mandatory bathroom-uses-you after waking. I'd like an option to disable this as well.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 January 17, 07:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sleep clock appears to schedule a mandatory bathroom-uses-you after waking. I'd like an option to disable this as well.
That scheduling is designed to get your sims to change back to their uniform with a minimum of wasteage, since the shower will change them while simultaneously cleaning them. Otherwise they won't properly dress. The dresser is an alternative, but isn't as efficient in the sense that it doesn't satisfy anything else while doing it. You have a better suggestion?

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 January 17, 08:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the sleep clock supposed to send a Vampire to a bed when there is a coffin in the same room?  I am assuming that Hibernate is the setting to use for Vamps.  It seems that my one vampire that has his coffin in the basement (the Beaker house in Strangtown) freezes when I click Go To Bed from his Macro list.  He just freezes in midair until I cancel the action.  I have to click on the coffin manually.  Also, it would be great if the Bed Nazi could reject non-vamps from sleeping in coffins.  I don't know why they keep wanting to sleep in them.  I don't think I would if I weren't a vampire.

I'm still having some trouble with the Bed Nazi and having sims relax on the bed, even if they are best friends with the owner.  I'm still working on that.  I had the same problem someone else mentioned about the maid making beds, only mine was with a playable sim in the house that I had sent to make the bed because the Headmaster was coming.  The sim could not make up beds that didn't belong to them.  Normally I don't worry about them making their beds.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 January 17, 11:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the sleep clock supposed to send a Vampire to a bed when there is a coffin in the same room?  I am assuming that Hibernate is the setting to use for Vamps.  It seems that my one vampire that has his coffin in the basement (the Beaker house in Strangtown) freezes when I click Go To Bed from his Macro list.  He just freezes in midair until I cancel the action.  I have to click on the coffin manually.  Also, it would be great if the Bed Nazi could reject non-vamps from sleeping in coffins.  I don't know why they keep wanting to sleep in them.  I don't think I would if I weren't a vampire.
It's supposed to. Did you set the bed class to "Coffin"? I may alter that feature slightly soon, thinking of a less awkward way to handle it.

I'm still having some trouble with the Bed Nazi and having sims relax on the bed, even if they are best friends with the owner.  I'm still working on that.  I had the same problem someone else mentioned about the maid making beds, only mine was with a playable sim in the house that I had sent to make the bed because the Headmaster was coming.  The sim could not make up beds that didn't belong to them.  Normally I don't worry about them making their beds.
That feature is currently under review. A playable sim shouldn't be interfered with unless it is acting autonomously, I.E., without orders from you. The next version will include the ability to disable the bed nazi.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 January 17, 12:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see an option for "coffin."  There are two sims sharing this bedroom and clock, so the setting is for the double bed.  When I changed the wake time for the Vampire to 1900, it seemed to work better, although the one in the basement still didn't work.  It seems to be the same problem that I had with the diagonal walls before.  It can't "see" the sim or something. 

I've also gotten some errors while the sim was in the coffin and had to be reset.  I'm not sure exactly what was happening, but it might have been related to queuing certain orders while in the coffin.
FreakyRufus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 January 17, 14:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's supposed to. Did you set the bed class to "Coffin"? I may alter that feature slightly soon, thinking of a less awkward way to handle it.

I've had this problem, too.  In a room with only a coffin (no other bed, that is), I have a sleepclock with the bed type set to coffin.  Whenever I choose the macro "Send to bed" or when the sleepclock tries to send the owning vampire to bed, he just stands there until I cancel the action.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 January 18, 01:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the sims who is assigned to the sleepclock invited a visitor to relax on the bed, and the visitor got "repelled" with the NO BED FOR YOU action.  The second sim assigned to the sleepclock was in a different room on the lot at the time.  I've also seen the same thing happen with a roomie -- two sims assigned to the sleepclock, one of them asks a third sim (a resident of the lot) to relax, and the roomie got kicked out of the room.

I had the same thing happen today, and the other assigned occupant was at work, so they don't even have to be on the lot. And the resident sim was in love with the visitor. Fortunately, the romance sim just wanted to woohoo for some aspiration points, so the hot tub came in handy. Smiley

So it's not an isolated thing.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
D_Malachi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 January 19, 21:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That scheduling is designed to get your sims to change back to their uniform with a minimum of wasteage, since the shower will change them while simultaneously cleaning them. Otherwise they won't properly dress. The dresser is an alternative, but isn't as efficient in the sense that it doesn't satisfy anything else while doing it. You have a better suggestion?

Alright, I have a suggestion for that, though not a very "sharp" one. Adding an "auto-dress" feature of sorts. Once they're awake and standing, they change to a specified outfit, be it normal, formal, work or whatever else the user chooses... however, the bladder/hygeine repair is not addressed, hence the dullness of it.

In that same key, approximately how much bulk (or uselessness) would it be to add an option for what each Sim sleeps in? Granted, what it's set to now requires the lowest relationship score of the two (or three, with Crammyboy's nudist hack). So, that's basically the question, how much damage would it do to include a selection of anything for them to sleep in?

"You can start by bringing me the head of GOATMOR!"
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 January 19, 22:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I have a suggestion for that, though not a very "sharp" one. Adding an "auto-dress" feature of sorts. Once they're awake and standing, they change to a specified outfit, be it normal, formal, work or whatever else the user chooses... however, the bladder/hygeine repair is not addressed, hence the dullness of it.

Oh I would love such an auto-dress feature.
I don't really care what my Sims sleep in, but to get them automatically dressed to a specific outfit (casual, formal or whatever) upon getting out of bed would save me some pointing and clicking every Sim morning... Wink

By the way, I like the mandatory bathroom break. That's what my Sims are usually bound to do upon getting up anyways... Wink

Black holes suck!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: