More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:10:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31  (Read 270432 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31
« Reply #225 on: 2006 December 23, 06:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The smart bed let me pick a bed by putting the sim nearby (or relaxing in) the bed of choice and choosing "adjust... bed ownership... own this bed" which was especially useful for homes with lots of kids sharing one room. The smart clock (and the reason it took me until recently to try using it again) used to require having some idea of which one of the E*..* codes was the right one for the right bed. If the smart clock is smarter about which bed belongs to which sim nowadays or if the smartbeds is superfluous in the face of smart clock then I will remove it.
It sounds like they both may be interacting with the same feature, so they probably do work together, although I find that the default Maxian-level bed imprinting works fine.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2007 March 20, 08:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to update the sleep clock to override the skillinator only?

I don't use the sleep clock max setting because sometimes I want my sims to finish a social interaction or a meal or whatever before they go to bed.

Without max setting on, sims don't drop out of skillinator mode when the sleepclock queues. I quite often have mys sims skillinating to fill up the hour or two before bedtime and it's a pain babysitting them to turn off the skilling so they don't miss too much sleep.

Any chance of a modification?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2007 March 20, 11:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That actually sounds like a cool idea.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2007 March 20, 11:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to update the sleep clock to override the skillinator only?

I don't use the sleep clock max setting because sometimes I want my sims to finish a social interaction or a meal or whatever before they go to bed.

Without max setting on, sims don't drop out of skillinator mode when the sleepclock queues. I quite often have mys sims skillinating to fill up the hour or two before bedtime and it's a pain babysitting them to turn off the skilling so they don't miss too much sleep.
Not sure how this would work. I'm not sure if max currently does Max-Insert, inserting itself into the queue instead of stomping it, but in either event, such an act would either wait until the hand-off of the current interaction, or stomp said current action.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2007 March 21, 08:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you can't pick a particular action to stomp? To stomp or not to stomp, that is the question. Cool

ETA: Or could the skillinator be set to calculate bedtime if the sleep clock is present on the lot?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2007 March 21, 10:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you can't pick a particular action to stomp? To stomp or not to stomp, that is the question. Cool

ETA: Or could the skillinator be set to calculate bedtime if the sleep clock is present on the lot?
That's pretty trivial, I already have an API hook to poll the sleep clock for the bedtime, but the thing is, I, personally, often overdrive past that bedtime if I have some more important objective in mind, and make up the energy loss as needed with macrocaffeination.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2007 March 21, 10:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, personally, often overdrive past that bedtime if I have some more important objective in mind, and make up the energy loss as needed with macrocaffeination.

Me too. I don't want the sleepclock to stomp the skillination.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2007 March 21, 10:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too. I don't want the sleepclock to stomp the skillination.

I was hoping for an option, not an absolute.

ETA:
That's pretty trivial, I already have an API hook to poll the sleep clock for the bedtime, but the thing is, I, personally, often overdrive past that bedtime if I have some more important objective in mind, and make up the energy loss as needed with macrocaffeination.

What do you do if you don't drive past the bedtime, do you manually stomp the skillination?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2007 March 21, 13:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you do if you don't drive past the bedtime, do you manually stomp the skillination?
Pretty much.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2007 March 22, 00:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty much.

Damn. So I can't talk you into an autostomp feature?  Kiss

Cyjon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2007 April 13, 03:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims were frequently not getting the "one hour before bedtime" warnings and I was trying to figure out why.    I think I found two problems, both in "Sub - Send Katemonster Warning".

On line A you have "My Attribute 0x09 := Hour".  I believe that should be == not := since, as it stands, the second sim on a clock will never get a warning.

After I made that change I was getting more warnings but still missing some. I finally realized that it was people with midnight bedtimes.  That led me to line 4 "Param 0x01 -= literal 0x01".  That gives a warning time of -1 for midnight bed times, and apparently the mod command in the next line doesn't process that -1 correctly.  I changed that to add 0x17 rather than subracting 1 and it works fine.

I've tested it for a few game days and missed only one warning, but I suspect it was some kind of roundoff error.  Something like at 9:59 bedtime is supposed to be at 11:01, which rounds to 11:00, so a warning at 10.  Then at 10:00, the sim's energy has dropped, bedtime is 10:59 which rounds to 10 and it's time to go to be - no warning given.  Not much you can do about that.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2007 June 02, 16:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims who are in the middle of cooking get whisked off to bed while the pot is on the stove.

I've been watching and I found out that when they cook they have an icon in their queue. But while the pot is simmering, or the item is in the oven, toaster, or mic, the icon drops out of their queue momentarily. Then when the food is done, the icon comes back into their queue, they retrieve their food and sit down to eat.  This is how a normal Sim cooks when they don't 'walk away from the stove'.

The problem I'm having is that the sleepclock will call them to bed while they are in that time frame that doesn't have the icon in their queue. So they run off to bed, leaving the food to start a fire. If I catch them in the act, I can cancel the sleep call, but the food will always be burned by the time they walk back to the stove because they ran away from it toward the bed.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2007 June 02, 19:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge has a 'don't walk away while cooking' hack that stomps that problem (and any other stupidity while they're cooking).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2007 June 02, 19:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sleep clock doesn't stomp user-directed actions to cook and eat a meal, as long as the whole cooking process uses only the range.  If it's free will cooking, then sleep clock will take over no matter what they're cooking.

I doubt there's any way to change this since user-directed actions (incl. sleep clock) take priority over autonomous ones.

If a sim uses the oven at any point (autonomously or not), then there's an opening in the queue for free will, or power idle, or pretty much anything to come in and interrupt.  I usually set the sleep clock with warnings on, and then keep an eye on any sim who's preparing a bedtime snack.

If I let some sims free-range, I expect stupidity and demand that they live with the consequences.  If I must have order, then I slap a no-autonomy security system in the kitchen.  Smiley
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2007 June 02, 21:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge has a 'don't walk away while cooking' hack that stomps that problem (and any other stupidity while they're cooking).

I'm using it. The only time the problem happens is those few seconds of time when the icon drops out of the queue (Maxis design). During this period of time is when a Sim might normally wander away from the stove. A few moments later another icon will appear in their queue to call them back to the stove. Squinge's hack keeps them there during this timeframe, unless the sleepclock kicks in. Then the 'call back to stove' icon appears in the queue after the 'go to bed' and 'buy' icons.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2007 June 03, 00:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The next edition of noadhd will include a fix for the ADHD cooking.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2007 June 03, 01:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You beaut! Don't suppose there's any chance of looking at stompinating the macroskilling at bedtime is there? While you're having a look at this mod?

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2007 June 08, 14:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a lot of problems with sims refusing to go to bed, or even waking up and getting out of bed, because other sims are relaxing in their (double) bed; even if they are close friends.
I'd also like something that kicks relaxing parents out of a child's bed; there's no reason they should be allowed to do that, regardless of relationship.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2007 June 08, 15:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you turned on the Bed Nazi for those beds?  That should keep everyone who's not assigned to the bed out of it unless they're specifically invited in.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2007 June 08, 18:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bed Nazi is on.  That's the default too, isn't it?
It does kick out sims who try to sleep in the wrong bed, but it allows them to relax in it for some reason.

As far as I understand friends of the bed's owner is allowed to relax in the bed (to facilitate woohoo).  Would it be possible to at least disable that loophole for family members (who you can't woohoo anyway) and for single beds in general?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2007 June 08, 21:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bed nazi is working intermittently only for me. Had a parent go to sleep in a child's bad last night, plus the child has been able to sleep in the parent's double bed. Sometimes Bed Nazi gets them and I see them heading for the door. I don't use Smart beds or any other bed hack. This happens on both Maxis and custom beds.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2007 June 09, 09:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've installed the latest sleepclock, the one updated last night, and I still caught a parent sleeping in a child's (single) bed without the nazi reacting.
I haven't had a chance to see how double beds are acting now.

Edit:  Here's a bunch of error logs from me too.  These occured while a parent was relaxing in the children's double bed.  Errors kept coming until I hit delete.  I think these are all the logs.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 10, 04:41:25 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2007 June 09, 17:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having problems with the latest update of sleepclock.

The sleepclock is on the bedside table, unset. I send wife to set clock, then to sleep in pj's. I told the husband to do the same. When the wife was getting into the bed and the husband was trying to set the clock for himself, these errors started coming up. Reset and cancel did nothing. On the 7th pop-up I chose delete and the clock disappeared.

Even though these say "Hit Break Point Primitive", I did not force an error on anything.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 10, 04:41:03 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2007 June 10, 04:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2007 June 25, 21:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have said that queue stompage=bad. I agree. I have sleepclocks set with bedtime>on, not Max.

Whenever a Sim is doing something user directed and the sleepclock kicks in, they finish their task then take off to bed. EXCEPT when it comes to homework. If a parent is helping a child learn to do their homework and either sleepclock (parent's or child's) kicks in, the queue is stomped. Most (or all...I'm not sure) of the time children doing homework alone are also called away to go to bed. I haven't done a successful test on macro>do homework to see if it is also affected.

The problem comes in because on the day that kids need to learn how to study, it takes longer to get both a parent and child home at the same time and in good enough condition to get them to study together on the homework. I think macro>do homework is supposed to grab a parent to help them if they don't have the study memory yet, but I haven't had any success with that. They take off to do it alone. Even when I direct a kid to ask for help, it usually drops out of queue long before the two end up near the desk. It often takes 2-3 tries before I am successful at getting the parent to help the child, so when I finally do get them together, I would prefer if the sleepclock didn't stomp it.

There have been occasions where the child was too sleepy to continue and they get up by themselves to go to bed. This I understand and don't have a problem with. It's just the queue stomping that bothers me.

I've also had some inconsistent errors, mostly involving new children. Here is one example:

Twins turn into children. I buy them beds and a sleepclock to share. Although the beds were custom, they are in use in most of my lots and the sleepclock is working fine with them. I tell twin1 to set bed class, set wake time, and turn on bedtime. It started throwing errors. Then I tried just setting bed class and it kept throwing errors. I tried the 2nd twin with the same result. Adult didn't error. Finally I decided they needed to be in a larger house anyway and moved the family. Sleepclock set fine in the new house. But I noticed that I didn't have to set the bed class.

I was curious. Sometimes new sleepclocks need the bed class set, and other times not. Usually the ones that don't need set were placed in the room several hours before I had anyone try to set it. Does it just look around to see what bed it will be assigned to even though it hasn't been set yet?
« Last Edit: 2007 June 26, 00:46:32 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: