More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 03:47:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Broken bodyshop and CAS previews (reinstall did not fix) Fixed now!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Broken bodyshop and CAS previews (reinstall did not fix) Fixed now!  (Read 8303 times)
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Broken bodyshop and CAS previews (reinstall did not fix) Fixed now!
« on: 2009 January 10, 22:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So...somehow I have borkenated pretty much all previews of sims and clothes in bodyshop and in the game.  (By the way, either I fail at searching, or no one has posted about a similar problem on this forum.)

Here are some examples from bodyshop:

It doesn't seem to affect gameplay, excelpt that when sims get "fit" they suddenly actually look like this in game until they take a shower or otherwise change thier clothes and then they look normal again.  It is a problem with all outfits and all skintones, though it only seems to affect teens, young adults, and adults (todlers, children, and elders still look normal).

If anyone knows how I caused this and/or how I can fix it, I would very much apprciate thier input.   Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 February 01, 04:09:06 by Gastfyr » Logged

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: Broken bodyshop and CAS previews
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 11, 00:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any default replacement meshes? Sometimes deleting a default replacement mesh can give this sort of issue.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 11, 01:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a few default replacement meshes, but I don't think I deleted any of them.   Huh  Do you mean deleting them from bodyshop or CAS, or deleting them from Downloads?  If this is what caused it, is there a way to fix it?

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 11, 02:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's when a default replacement gets deleted in bodyshop or CAS, or otherwise in game that can cause it to go splodie. When default replacements meshes are in your downloads folder, it shows with a custom content star and allows you to delete it. Have you deleted anything from CAS or bodyshop lately?

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 January 11, 05:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure this out.  I never delete anything past the start of the maxis content, and isn't that where all the default replaments would show up?  I mean, they'd be replacing Maxis content, so they wouldn't be "out front" with all the other CC, right?

Of course, I can't be 100% sure of anything because both my husband and my son also play the sims on this computer.   Undecided  My husband says he doesn't delete any CC, since the last time he deleted something I screamed at him, so he "won't ever do it again".  My son, on the other hand, may have deleted something without even knowing what he was doing.

We're talking default replacement clothing, right?  Most of my default replacement stuff isn't even bodyshop stuff (ie I have a wooden stepstool for the kids, a medieval-looking newspaper, etc).

I have heard of issues where deleting extracted hidden Maxis contnet corrupts gamefiles.  Is that the same sort of thing we're talking about here?

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 January 11, 06:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The type of files that normally can cause this are the default replacement clothing meshes where they might have taken shoes off, or adjusted a pants mesh, or if they have moved or recategorised maxis clothing. If it's put in the downloads folder instead of the Program files folder of the latest expansion then it will show up with a custom star and be deletable. If you delete it, you can corrupt the original game files and bork clothing.

So it only affects teens, YA and A - is it only maxis outfits that have this issue? Is it outfits from a certain expansion/base game?

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 January 11, 07:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's all outfits, Maxis and CC.

But yeah, only teens, YA, and adults are affected.

I know I do have some default replacement pants meshes (for the OFB pants with boots as well as one for boy's jeans I think) which I got at MTS2.

If this is what has happened, it is possible to fix, right?

sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 January 11, 10:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's when a default replacement gets deleted in bodyshop or CAS, or otherwise in game that can cause it to go splodie. When default replacements meshes are in your downloads folder, it shows with a custom content star and allows you to delete it. Have you deleted anything from CAS or bodyshop lately?

I thought I'd throw this in here since I think I have a similar issue -- can deleting a default replacement mesh also cause "floating head' syndrome where the clothing becomes totally invisible?  Since cleaning out my downloads folder the base game Maxis AM+EM pajamas have gone this way, and I did used to have a default replacement mesh for them....
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 January 17, 17:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So...um, is there a way to fix my Bodyshop and CAS, or am I going to have to look at the ugliness from now on?

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 January 18, 03:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Nuke TS2 files
2. Reinstall game
3. ?????
4. Profit!

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Broken bodyshop and CAS previews (reinstall did not fix)
« Reply #10 on: 2009 January 31, 22:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just spent the better part of 2 days uninstalling and reinstalling everything from basegame to AL including all patches and stuff packs (I don't have Mansion and Garden), and this has changed nothing about how things display in Body Shop.  It still looks exactly like it does in the pics I posted above.   Huh

This is very frustrating, because the only reason I had to reinstall was this problem.  I was looking forward to being able to do some clothing recolouring, but with this borkination still present, I don't think I'll be able to.

Any help?

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 January 31, 23:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you putting your custom content back in? If so, does this problem exist when you remove your custom content?
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 February 01, 00:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I had put all CC back in.  I'll remove it and see what happens.

eta: Well, removing my entire DL folder does in fact fix this problem.  Hmm.  I will try re-adding my default replacements, since that's the only things I can immagine could be causing this.

eta: Put in all my default replacements, and everything is still fine.  *confused*  I have loads and loads of CC hair and clothes.  Any suggestions on what is more likely to be the problem?  Doing a full binary search of all my hair, clothes, eyes, skintones, accessories, etc could take a while.  Especally since Bodyshop still takes quite a while to load even with no CC.   Undecided Tongue
« Last Edit: 2009 February 01, 00:57:33 by Gastfyr » Logged

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 February 01, 02:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could be any one of your bodyshop files; binary search is the best way. There's no guessing which file is corrupted.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 February 01, 03:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look at your skintones, those would be more likely to be causing this.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 February 01, 04:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it wasn't any of my skintones.  I did have to do a full binary search of all my bodyshop files (but my husband helped; he's good at doing binary searches).  Turned out it was two files; one male and one female (both for adults, which makes sense, since adults were the only ones being affected):

mesh_k8parsfafrengown020905-UVMAP.package
and
5f62d752_MAregentpattern.package

Which are two files I had downloaded a long time ago.  Werid that they never caused any problemes until recently.   Undecided  Oh well, it's solved now.  Thanks for all your help!   Grin

eta: After thinking about it and re-reading this thread, I realize that the re-install actually did serve a purpose: it fixed the teens!  lol

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: