More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:31:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Strange Borkage
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Strange Borkage  (Read 3066 times)
dstucki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Strange Borkage
« on: 2009 January 08, 00:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a Legacy Challenge in Belladonna Cove. Now, normally I get cheesed off or just bored, and don't get past the 2nd gen in a Legacy--or I install a new EP and forget to back up.

But this time I did everything right. No hack conflicts, no new CC at all, and it was going along swimmingly. I got my founder her LTW, and she got a platinum grave. 2nd gen was moving along nicely--got the heir and a spare through Uni, married both off and started Gen 3.

And then it started. One of the Gen 3 kids made friends with Gallagher Newson. All well and good, but when it came time to transition to teen, Gallagher did the whole transition thing, but stayed in a child's body. He was just a friend, so I thought it odd, but not important.

Moved the Gen 3 kids to Uni, and brought Gallagher along. When they arrived at Uni, they did not age up to YA. I aged them up with the Sim Blender, and Gallagher STILL stayed in a child's body. I aged him down to child, then back up. Nothing.

Why are my Gen 3 people not aging??
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Re: Strange Borkage
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 08, 20:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know why, but use the Lot Debugger and "fix age body."
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 08, 22:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might be an off-the-wall suggestion, but check your anti-virus/spyware programs.  If they're running actively in the background, they may be interfering by corrupting character  data. 
   Do a search in your The Sims2 folder and look for TempDBSegmentPackedFiles.  From my understanding, those files are generated by the game as error reports.  Either generated when the game crashes, or when character/lot/NH files aren't being saved properly.
   In my case, SpywareDoctor was causing corruption of character data, which was the cause of my disappearing infants during Save and borked age transitions.  It started off small, a couple of missing infants out of the 5th gen. births in my Medieval hood, but by the end, i was losing every single infant.  New re-installs/new NH's/empty Downloads, it made no difference.  Borked toddler/child/teen/YA transitions or disappearing infants were constant.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 09, 01:32:15 by GayJohnScarritt » Logged

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
dstucki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 09, 00:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm.

I did a search, and didn't find any of that file.

I do always have AVG running, so if it occurs again, I'll try turning that off.

I nuked the neighborhood anyway.  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: