More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:36:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment mailboxes missing bones??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment mailboxes missing bones??  (Read 5080 times)
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Apartment mailboxes missing bones??
« on: 2009 January 04, 21:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been getting this error since i installed AL....

"No bone on model corresponding to name in routing slot on destination object"

Whenever I send a sim to get mail from the apartment mailbox i get this same error... happens in user made and Maxis apartment buildings... doesn't seem to matter where the mailbox is located or what the sim is doing at the time. When the error happens the mailbox will revert to the residential box for a moment and then change back to the apartment box.

I'm working around the problem for now by using the autobill payer from SimWardrobe.... but i'd like to solve the problem instead of ignore it... i haven't even played an apartment long enough to pay the rent yet but expect that will be a problem too...

The only hacks i have for mail are from the DC and payatbox... I've taken those out to test but i still get the error... It's probably tight pants but I'm afraid of causing irreversible damage by testing the hood without all my CC hacks in...

I have all ep's and sp's except holiday crap.

Thanks...
« Last Edit: 2009 January 05, 01:36:19 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Apartment mailboxes missing bones??
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 05, 01:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to install alfixes, it is critical.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 06, 04:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installed today but still getting the same error...    Sad

I waited for the beginning of the week and the sim could pay the rent.... but still had the error when i told the sim to pay the bills
« Last Edit: 2009 January 06, 05:02:51 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 06, 05:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This looks like the work of the non-Awesome. It does not match the EAxoidian code and isn't part of Awesomecode.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 January 06, 12:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only hacks i have for mail are from the DC and payatbox... I've taken those out to test but i still get the error...

BTW, keep the payatbox out always: it's obsolete since NL.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 January 08, 20:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the help J.M. and Marhis.... installing alfixes and taking out payatbox seemed to fix the problem.....

When i tried to work on this problem before, I had uninstalled alfixes because it conflicted with something else... don't remember what at the moment... I remember taking out payatbox too, but that didn't solve the problem at the time.... but taking payatbox out and putting alfixes in solved it this time.....

Of course now i have stupid simmies tromping up 4 flights of stairs just to put the mail down.... small price to pay to use apartment mailboxes again....
Exiled
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 January 08, 20:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would using Macrotastics "Pay Bills" function fix that problem of Sims walking back to the apartment to drop the mail off?  I use SimWardrobe's auto bill payer so I don't have to worry about it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 January 08, 21:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Macro-Pay-Bills will automatically compensate for a sim's attempts to move the bills more than a tile away from the mailbox.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 January 08, 21:35:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, also, in AL p0 sims dropped bills right near the mailbox, but AL p1 corrected this "bug", and they started again to creep for miles uphill carrying bills inside the apartment.
I vote this for the most stupid bugfix EVER, in games history, since Pong.

/rant

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 January 10, 02:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Macro-Pay-Bills will automatically compensate for a sim's attempts to move the bills more than a tile away from the mailbox.

But... that would require intervention from the Supreme Deity and the Supreme Deity is lazy...

Need a shiny!!!!   Roll Eyes

...and Pong was awesome...! 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 January 10, 04:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Install a few solarpanels until your bills become negative, and you won't need to pay bills ever again.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: