More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:52:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  TS2 Store Art Nouveaulicious Collection
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS2 Store Art Nouveaulicious Collection  (Read 93681 times)
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: TS2 Store Art Nouveaulicious Collection
« Reply #75 on: 2009 January 09, 19:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Telraven,
the ArtNouvau Windows/Doors musst be loaded after AsianFusion Windows/Doors. Make a Subfolders for objects from each Store Collection:
For Example: 1_Store_Deko_Cubic, 2_Store_Spooky, 3_Store_Castle, 4_Store_Asian, 5_Store_ArtNeouvau. There are the Lights Files in Store Objects. Each NLO file overridge file from elder objects.They have the same Instanznumber. The windows/ doors from ArtNouvaucollection have a lightdefinition for Asian- and other storewindows, but asianwindows have not lightdefinitions for Artnouvauwindows.

Telraven & Lievemax...I was having the same problem with the windows & doors!  I changed up the folders as per Heli's advice and I can also confirm that all Store object windows/doors do let light thru!  (Deco/Cubic, Spooky, Castle, Asian Fusion, and Art Nouveaulicious).

For all who have probs with the doors and windows put the attached NLO file in you Downloads folder and all doors, windows and lights from all sets should have proper light.

* Z_SCObjects_NLO.rar (2.53 KB - downloaded 1678 times.)
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 January 09, 19:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Telraven, I can confirm that doors and windows do let light go thru, just checked them in-game. I created a new folder in my Bins (named SimsClub_ArtNouveauEP99) and saved files there. I have a folder for each Sims Store collection (named SimsClub_CollectionName) in my Bins and all new windows and doors seem to work.

It doesn't work for me. I created 5 different folders, but my Asian and Art Nouveau windows and doors don't let light thru. I've got the same problem with the lamps, they don't give light.

It seems that only the Deco and Cubic works. The windows of the spooky and castle set don't work neither.

What Heli suggested was not merely about putting the files into 5 different folders. It is more than that! You are also supposed to name them as Heli has suggested so as to ensure the order the files are loaded. Of cox, u can change them into any names provided that the same loading order is preserved. The main point is this following order:

1 Deco and Cubic
2 Spooky
3 Castle
4 Asian Fusion
5 Art Nouveaulicious

*FYI, What affect the loading order of the files are the folder names. And that order follows the alphabetic order, i.e. folder with "A" as the first letter of the folder name should be loaded before those with "B"
slavetosims
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 January 10, 18:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Havelock that worked perfectly, you are truely awesome.  I tried the file name change and it still wouldn't show light in for me, I do not have all the stuff so I don't know if that was why, like the cubic items ect... but your download worked great.
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2009 January 10, 23:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can someone explain why the cloned doors from this set dont work even after i changed the grids

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
pearljam
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 January 12, 07:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello Smiley
I´ve downloaded this great Art Nouveaulicious Set - but my game crashes...
I have ep 1 ´till ep4 (pets). Do i need the store edition ?
Many thanks.
nahte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 January 13, 02:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Pearljam,

I have EP1 'till EP4 too. The game crashes by the lamps. All objects work fine except lamps. I don't know why.
SharonSims
Asinine Airhead

Blue Riceball

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 January 14, 10:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you need further then ep7 (freetime), but I'm not sure.
Grania
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 January 15, 23:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The object flags may need to be set to base game for those objects.  I've been hoping someone would need/want to reset the flags for the Art Nouveaulicious collection; since without the flags being reset, we Mac users (and other Simmers who don't have all EPs/SPs) don't stand much chance of getting these objects to work in our games.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 January 16, 00:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

without the flags being reset, we Mac users (and other Simmers who don't have all EPs/SPs) don't stand much chance of getting these objects to work in our games.

Are you sure?  I tested them in my mac game, and they loaded for me.  I think we have the same game config (all EPs up to BV), no?
HugeLunatic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 January 16, 15:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all EPs up to BV for my mac and they work.  And no crashes in the lamp area either.
Grania
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 January 16, 22:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info!  To be honest, I never bothered to try them in my game "as is".  I'm so used to EA Store stuff not working that I just automatically chucked them in a folder on my Desktop and waited for a "fix".   Embarrassed

You know what they say about assuming stuff - I clearly made an ass out of myself in this instance!   Tongue  Will check the objects in my game and post back if I have issues.
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 January 19, 16:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to report that using the nouveau desk I get errors whenever a Sim tries to use anything placed on the left side of the desk. I've gotten errors from Sims trying to use a phone placed on the left side of the desk, and from trying to put away/recycle books & newspapers they've placed on the left side of the desk after use.
I've gotten around this by putting lamps or decor on that side of the desk so Sims don't put their books & papers there. The computer placed on the right side of desk works fine.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2009 January 19, 17:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid EAxis, why clone Seasons Country desk instead of one of base game desks? Angry Seasons Country desk has its own special BHAVs and SLOTs to block homework route. Apparently EAxian morons forgot to fix SLOTs, resulting in "no bone on model" error. Which proves once again that the entire PayShit team know nothing about Sims object structure.

Download fixed desk from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cawg3sjnihy

caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 January 19, 18:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's incredibly sad & pathetic that they continue to release payshit that needs to be repaired to function properly. Thanks for the fix, Lord Darcy.
HugeLunatic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 January 19, 21:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bookcase doesn't appear to have any options for me.  Does it work for anyone else?
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 January 20, 00:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bookcase is working fine for me.
HugeLunatic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 January 20, 06:36:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I r-edownloaded it to make sure I had the newest version.  The bookcase still has no interactions, I can't click on it at all.  Everything from this collection shows up fine, granted I haven't double checked the usability other than placing.

I am using OSX with all EPs up to BV installed.  There must be something else in the bookcase pointing to an EP I don't have.  Did FT add something that would render the clickable options useless?
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2009 January 20, 09:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I r-edownloaded it to make sure I had the newest version.  The bookcase still has no interactions, I can't click on it at all.  Everything from this collection shows up fine, granted I haven't double checked the usability other than placing.

I am using OSX with all EPs up to BV installed.  There must be something else in the bookcase pointing to an EP I don't have.  Did FT add something that would render the clickable options useless?

the bookcase was updated to work with FT/AL so thats proably why it dosent work with anything under FT

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 January 20, 22:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this?  You'll still need Uni and OFB.  I'm not sure about Pets, but probably that too. 

I'm not playing with this set much, so I didn't test it very thoroughly.  Be careful if you decide to check it out; don't forget to take out the original before you put this in.  Game crashes can corrupt your 'hood. Undecided
HugeLunatic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 January 21, 02:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your effort seelindarun.  I had already fixed my own copy, but I'm sure other Mac users and those without FT will like that.  I have not tested mine with Uni nor OFB, but I don't play business lots anyway.

CandyToast
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP/INTJ Half C-3P0, Half evil genius

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 January 22, 09:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Knightguy, your mediafire link for the fixed window/door glass is not working.

"The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions"
Fold Spindle Mutilate!
Noclue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 January 22, 14:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several of the links on Mediafire give an error message saying that they were removed by the user or Mediafire (Knightguys and several of the others).  Just thought I'd let you know in case there is a problem on Mediafire's end.  Thanks. 
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 January 22, 14:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several of the links on Mediafire give an error message saying that they were removed by the user or Mediafire (Knightguys and several of the others).  Just thought I'd let you know in case there is a problem on Mediafire's end.  Thanks. 

mine are all working

v
v

knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: 2009 January 22, 15:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Knightguy, your mediafire link for the fixed window/door glass is not working.

Thanks for letting me know  Smiley  i've made a new link in post

Angie
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP - "Engineer"

View Profile
Re: TS2 Store Art Nouveaulicious Collection (Please FIX Broken Links In Your POSTS)
« Reply #99 on: 2009 January 24, 06:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else tried the "Slick Curled Hair for Boys" in the game?  It worked fine for me in Body Shop, but when I tried it in game tonight it reverted to a base game hair.  I have all EPs and all stuff packs except K&B and M&G.

ETA: Okay, I figured out what the issue was.  This hair is only available for the Everyday, Athletic, and Outerwear categories.  Why Maxis chose only those three categories is a mystery to me.  I'll fiddle around with it in SimPE and see if I can fix it.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 24, 07:29:08 by Angie » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: