More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 21:16:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  TS2 Store Art Nouveaulicious Collection
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS2 Store Art Nouveaulicious Collection  (Read 94173 times)
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
TS2 Store Art Nouveaulicious Collection
« on: 2009 January 07, 10:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://thesims2store.ea.com/productList.html?scategoryId=10768&categoryId=10658 

Art Nouveaulicious - 80 items (25 objects, 11 hair files, 44 outfits):  http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ab4f7dc872c7b3cd5c09f191a64e2498f25f26965a238973

Individual downloads:
Havelock made collection file Post 50

Thanks to.. femmedeluxe Post 33, Cerridwen Post 35, dream_operator Post 54, ShadowCooper Post 61, dawnkay Post 64, jaldeer Post 75 ..for getting these files an sharing them with rest of us  Grin

People that Fixed stuff..
Cerridwen - fixed the objects so they would show up in the game Post 40
Lord Darcy - made the clock useable Post 59 & fixed the double door Post 72
Heli - fixed the culy hairs so some textures showed up Post 67
knightguy - made it so the doors an window share the same glass an you can tell theres glass in the frames Post 82
Havelock - made fix for people having problems with doors & windows letting light in Post 85
Lord Darcy - fixed the desk Post 97
« Last Edit: 2009 February 01, 07:48:23 by knightguy » Logged

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
Re: TS2 Store Art Nouveaulicious Collection
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 07, 10:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, some reminders here to new sharers ( though i guess most people here have been using this method already )
*Reminder to Content Sharers*

Here is how to find the newly bought Store content if you have no idea how to do it in a faster way.

After your EA Download Manager has completed the relevant download. Do not run your game yet, otherwise you won't be able to find the separate .package file for the object or skin.
Now, go to *C:\Users\<Your Windows Username>\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Store Edition\Downloads (* it isn't necessarily the C: Drive, but it must be the drive where your Windows Operation System is installed) , look for the folder "Objects" for new object download and "Skins" for new skin download. Copy and paste the relevant .package file inside somewhere else. This is the file that is needed. If you are kind enough to share it here, upload the file. After that, you can run the game and then the files inside C:\Users\Vic\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Store Edition\Downloads will be incorporated into the bulk files SCObjects.package and SCSkins.package under C:\Users\Vic\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Store Edition\Packed automatically.

So if you share file this way, you can avoid the nuisance of finding and extracting the relevant contents from SCObjects.packgage or SCSkins.package.

PS. The above stuff is just there to help people who may not know how to share contents in a more efficient way. If you know a better way, feel free to correct me and post here.  Wink

this by Maxoid_Hydra @ BBS

Hi all,
Many questions have been asked about re-downloading items from The Sims 2 Store that have already been purchased. Can items/objects be re-downloaded? The answer is: yes, objects purchased from the store can be re-downloaded. Just follow the directions below:

1. Delete any items found in the ?My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Store Edition\Downloads? folder

2. Follow this by deleting the ?My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Store Edition\uContent.xml? file

3. After doing this, please log into the EADM with your Sims 2 Store account and ?clear the cache? for the Sims2 Store (The far right side little red X) then re-download and install the items again.

4. When you are done, there should be no items in ?My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Store Edition\Downloads? folder.

You can use the above steps if you?ve reinstalled the Sims 2, or have a corrupted download of one or more of your items.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 07, 10:43:53 by knightguy » Logged

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 07, 11:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing they are now incapable of making objects at all?
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 07, 11:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That hair is hideous.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 January 07, 11:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin  all of the hair is hideous, the long hair for women is tolerable.  So no furniture for it then???   Wink
Somerset
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 January 07, 11:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the women's hair so much, but the male hair is odd. I'd love to see the bun hairstyle from the back. Why advertise a bun and not show it?
LOolyharb
Blathering Buffoon

Psycho sookie.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 January 07, 12:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why advertise a bun and not show it?

Because they are full of PHAIL.

Will someone please get and share that sleek and long adult female hairstyle?
« Last Edit: 2009 January 07, 13:26:33 by LOolyharb » Logged
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 January 07, 16:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why advertise a bun and not show it?

Because they are full of PHAIL.

Word. Seriously? Sleek and Elegant, huh? Not that you can tell, when the front looks like eleventy billion OTHER Eaxis hairstyles.

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 January 07, 16:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the women's hair so much, but the male hair is odd. I'd love to see the bun hairstyle from the back. Why advertise a bun and not show it?

So people have to buy it to see what it looks like. If it sucks, they won't know until it's too late! MOAR MONEY. Also because they appear to take all their preview pictures in the exact same way. Laziness and greediness combined, I imagine.
Chinchillagrl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 January 07, 16:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a specific person we may donate to for purchasing any items? I know there was a mention of doing that during the last round. I get paid this week, so I wouldn't mind donating some for the cause.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 January 07, 16:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Give it a few days and there might be an update at demonoid's collection of Store Files.

SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 January 07, 18:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have someone fix those skins plz. Many of those do not have all teen-adult-elderly versions and some of them even have bad meshes!

I am requesting a fix here. Anyone want fixed versions of them too?  Wink

BTW, has anyone else also got any of those items in this new collection?
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 January 07, 18:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice clothes

I wanna post some note about Art Noveau theme of Maxis
If you have a Mansion&Garden theme you might wonder what the hell matches that double stairs?
I found - Deco set from the Sims2 store
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 January 07, 18:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Give it a few days and there might be an update at demonoid's collection of Store Files.

Unless of course you aren't registered there. Open registration is closed at the moment and the store files are not accessible to non-members.

Maybe someone who has a membership will get them? If they keep an eye out that is.

SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 January 07, 18:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing they are now incapable of making objects at all?

I'm thinking they just haven't gotten around to uploading them yet. The preview had at least one object in it.

ooops, where is the preview?

oh i see what u mean now. u mean the pictures under "clothing" of the store site. if i remember correctly, i have not seen the wall painting, the bar stool and the door (or is it a window?) before. I guess there are at least 3 new objects. But if we can expect 3, we can definitely expect more. EA will not create just a few items for a brand new collection. You know what? I am starting to wonder how borked those items will be..... Angry
« Last Edit: 2009 January 07, 18:50:09 by SiuPang » Logged
Chinchillagrl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 January 07, 18:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless of course you aren't registered there. Open registration is closed at the moment and the store files are not accessible to non-members.

I'm sure that someone who is registered will put them up on MediaFryer for the rest of us. Wink
ReinyDay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 January 07, 18:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd also be willing to donate some money using PayPal since I can't buy at the store anymore to donate stuff. I still have 125 points left, maybe there will be two smaller objects when the furniture comes up, so I can get rid of them.

So, who will be the big buyer and uploader we can get our money to?
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 January 07, 18:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure that someone who is registered will put them up on MediaFryer for the rest of us. Wink

At least I will if I am in US or Canada or EA change its policy so that it accepts my Visa. But I am outta US or Canada.... So, no can do!

But if I were an US player and have points left out on my account, I wouldn't mind buying those new items, fixing them and then uploading them somewhere. I don't mean to be picky, but it is a fact that every single piece of items at the store are borked to some extent.

*Of course, the shared items are for those who own them already but long for fixes of them. Otherwise if you upload an untouched item to the site, EA will get you into trouble.

N.B. for me, no matter how slight the change it is, I will make some change to any Store item before uploading it. Say, I would change the catalog desciption by adding in "SiuPang" to every item's name, e.g. "SiuPang's Art Nouveau Windows". LOL
Then for those who hate me and do not want my name to appear in the objects' name, open SimPE to remove "SiuPang's" to make it back to "Art Nouveau Windows". But all the stuff that people do after downloading what I have uploaded is their business.

My point here is, someone plz *customized* the items before uploading them to avoid all those EA copyright shits. I strongly believe customized items are way better!
« Last Edit: 2009 January 07, 18:59:33 by SiuPang » Logged
ReinyDay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 January 07, 19:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Say, I would change the catalog desciption by adding in "SiuPang" to every item's name, e.g. "SiuPang's Art Nouveau Windows". LOL

You don't really think this would make a legal act, do you?

As TashaFaun has said: Upload and move on!
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2009 January 07, 19:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

who was donated too to get the remaining items of the asian fusion set?

knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2009 January 07, 21:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe she'll (i think its a she anyway) will be willing to do it again

Clair
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 January 07, 23:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's nothing on Demonoid as yet, have just been having a look
rushmorerunner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 January 07, 23:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uploaded the furniture @ the store (finally)... I'm loving the trashcan...  Tongue
treefish
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 January 07, 23:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the bookcase looks cool

find the set under collections>exclusives
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2009 January 07, 23:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well if anyone has some left over extra points they wanna get rid of nows the time to do it  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: