More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:59:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Aquariums Create Community Dummies - New Tasty Flavor (2009/01/07)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Aquariums Create Community Dummies - New Tasty Flavor (2009/01/07)  (Read 13280 times)
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
Aquariums Create Community Dummies - New Tasty Flavor (2009/01/07)
« on: 2009 January 07, 00:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In The Sims 1, community lots with aquariums and other pet containers or cages were always stocked (community dummies). In The Sims 2, pet cages and containers (dog pen, womrat cage, bird cage) are also stocked with dummies but aquariums were forgotten! I made a fix for this issue, aquariums will now be stocked when visited on community lots.

Description:
Aquariums on community lots are stocked with dummy fish.

Installation:
Unzip, move to:
"Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 > Downloads".

Flavors:
  • Free Fish - Fish will be created on every community lot. Does not require EPs (EP-ready, will update Pets aquarium).
  • No Free Fish (original download) - Fish will be created on every community lot not owned by a Sim (no free fish for pet shop owners). Requires Open For Business or any later EP, such as Seasons, FreeTime, Garden & Mansion, etc.

Changelog:
v1.0: Initial release. (2009/01/06)
v1.01: New tasty flavor was added. (2009/01/07)

Custom Aquariums:
Custom aquariums cloned from large saltwater aquarium (Pets) need an update in order to create community dummies, such as this one by lastrie. Replace custom aquarium's "Function - Main" with one included in my package.

Additional Credits:
Ailias, for requesting this.
Numenor, for helping me with the fish on head issue.

* Richi3f-CreateCommunityDummyFish.package (1.6 KB - downloaded 652 times.)
* Richi3f-CreateCommunityDummyFish-FreeFish.package (1.59 KB - downloaded 563 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 January 08, 02:35:40 by Richief » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Aquariums Create Community Dummies
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 07, 06:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've wanted this for ages-I am sick of having to spend simoleans to stock fish just so my sim can watch the stupid things on CLs. This doesn't affect residential aquariums at all does it?

Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 07, 09:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you very much
Now fishtanks can make a use on comm lots and my sims don't have to stock it.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 07, 11:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't mind the empty CL aquariums if the sims didn't stock them autonomously Angry - this will go in my "vital hacks" folder.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 January 08, 00:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've wanted this for ages-I am sick of having to spend simoleans to stock fish just so my sim can watch the stupid things on CLs. This doesn't affect residential aquariums at all does it?

It shouldn't; my hack just tells the game to create fish if the aquarium is on a community lot.

2009/01/07: New tasty flavor was added.

I added a new flavor to this mod, download only one. New falvor is free fish, fish will be created in all community lots. Old version only created fish on unowned community lots.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 08, 02:52:24 by Richief » Logged
Clutzy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Aquariums Create Community Dummies - New Tasty Flavor (2009/01/07)
« Reply #5 on: 2009 January 08, 20:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baaaaaaa! I'm so glad I no longer have to have my Sims spend their money on fish that is not even their own.
Ravenwings
Blathering Buffoon

Nefarious!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 January 09, 02:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sure solves a silly problem!

Ooh, could the same thing be done for buffets? I recently posted about my irritation at the fact that my sims must spend their own money to fill a community lot buffet. So annoying when it's a restaurant, wedding, or other type of lot where the food is supposed to be provided.
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 January 09, 02:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure it can be done, but it makes no sense (in my mind anyway) you must pay for your food! Is anyone else wanting this?
Ravenwings
Blathering Buffoon

Nefarious!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 January 09, 06:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in some of my neighborhoods there are church-type places which offer food to worshipers and VIP lots where sims pay for membership. It does not make sense for a visiting sim to pay $300 to fill a buffet on such a lot. It's the responsibility of the establishment to provide food. I also want buffets in restaurants, which does make sense to me just based on how a buffet looks. If it could be done so that the buffet charges a sane amount for the food, like the hacked buffets at Simlogical, then that would solve the free food issue.
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 January 09, 13:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now my marine restaurant looks great and complete! I placed wallheight AL tank in the center with tables around it and a couple of PETS big tanks with tables near by them. I decorated all inside with FFS underwater objects.
thank you.
Xianah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 January 19, 14:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder, since you have been looking into fish related things!! .. if you might know what could possibly be causing a problem I have. I recently noticed that the fish tanks in the game (except the huge AL one) have no sound anymore, I was sure they used to make a bubbly gurgly sort of fish-tank sound. I can't think what might have caused it to suddenly stop producing sound. I have no fish tank related hacks or downloads. I do have all exp packs and stuff packs.

Just hopeful that you or somebody else might be able to shed some light... I admit its not a major problem - but now I noticed I don't have fish-tanky sounds I want them *boohoo*

Thanks Bunches
Xianah

*ps.. I did google this and search through quite a few forums and ask.. but alas..
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 January 19, 20:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use this buffet from MTS2:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=143101

On Comm lots, the buffet is full when your Sim arrives. Each Sim that eats from the buffet is charged according to what item they choose to eat. Each Sim pays for their own meal, so you are not paying for visitors. It also works the same way on home lots .

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 January 20, 09:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the PS reward available from here also need an update to work with this mod? Or could the problem be that the lot started out as a residential lot before it became a hotel?
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 January 21, 00:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should, as I said the only aquariums that need updating are the ones cloned from Pets Saltwater aquarium. The ones cloned from the BaseGame should work. I can test though as right now I have no Pets EP. Sorry. Does my hack work on a regular non-hotel community lot?

Perhaps the problem is the fact that you are using it in a hotel rather than a comm lot, I'm not sure if hotels are treated as comm lots.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: