More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 08:09:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Some Sims' job-hunting abilities broken: SOLVED
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Some Sims' job-hunting abilities broken: SOLVED  (Read 2557 times)
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Some Sims' job-hunting abilities broken: SOLVED
« on: 2009 January 04, 19:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, this time I broke it in a very creative way if I do say so myself.

Mickey Dosser and Gunnar Roque, newly graduated from La Fiesta Tech, have moved back to Strangetown and are now housemates.  Whenever either of them looks for a job, either in the newspaper or on the computer, he can find only one job opening, and then the message comes up that no more jobs are available today.  This bug sticks around even when I load up their lot with my Downloads folder removed.

Meanwhile, down the street lives Guy Wrightley, his hot-off-the-press LFT diploma also in hand.  Like Mickey and Gunnar, Guy lives in a Maxis house that I rebuilt (due to it being as fail as any other Maxis lot) and that did not house any Sims before him.  Guy displays no such bugginess, even with all my haxx0rz in place, Awesome and otherwise.

I haven't seen this bug in other neighborhoods -- yet.  But since there's a difference between Sims that are otherwise so similar in background and situation, and it doesn't seem to be due to tight pants, I have to conclude that it is only certain Sims who are broken, or something about that lot that broke those two Sims in particular.  I have tried clearing corrupt memories and the like with the Batmanbox of Awesomeness, but it has done no good.  By way of full disclosure, I haven't played Mickey and Gunnar through an entire Sim day yet, so it's possible the error will reset itself in the morning.  But I am not particularly optimistic.

I'm getting ready to go fishing around in SimPE to find something to fix with these two particular Sims, but don't really know what to look for.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:  Forgot to write my game configuration:  base+Uni+OFB+BV, no stuff packs.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 05, 14:00:03 by jwaas » Logged
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Re: Some Sims' job-hunting abilities broken
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 05, 01:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obviously LFT diplomas aren't worth the pixels they are printed on Tongue

Or you could insert however many economy jokes you like here.

Actually, I have heard of this before... somewhere, a long time ago.  I'm assuming it was here; I'll go searching.

EDIT: hmm... nope, can't seem to find anything.  I will leave it to more awesome people and do some real work.

<insert witty comment here>
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Some Sims' job-hunting abilities broken
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 05, 03:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a shiftclick option on the BRY Hammer and Sickle to reboot the jobs and hireables controllers.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Some Sims' job-hunting abilities broken: SOLVED
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 05, 14:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks JMP -- after I put up the BRY sickle, though, there were no click or shift-click interactions (I'm guessing because they don't have a business).  But whether merely hanging the sickle did the trick, or the problem reset itself on its own, either way it's back to normal now.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: