More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 06:58:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  The Evil Twin Challenge
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Evil Twin Challenge  (Read 99026 times)
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: The Evil Twin Challenge
« Reply #100 on: 2008 April 16, 00:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[I did 7 Toddlers ages ago, just for a distraction. I was doing a psuedo-alphabet legacy mixed with regular legacy and apocalypse. No rules strictly adhered to and plenty of restrictions changed to make more sense to me. Ended up working the 7 toddlers in (in my head if not on paper) as I decided that they were the orphans of all those zombified Romance sims the Oversoul released its wrath on. The Oversoul doesn't kill kids, and Romance sims are such skanks they would of course have a bunch of ankle-biters on the sly. Risky woohoo, and all that.

I should have modified - I don't actually consider either Legacy or Prosperity challenges. I love to start hoods using the prosperity system (roll for # of families, # of members of each, ages, aspirations, etc.) and then think up stories to fit what I've rolled and whatever I feel like doing (currently 1920s-ish film noir or neo noir or some combination thereof).

I also managed to get 1 of the toddlermania sets into the hood with a backstory (for myself, I never really get around to blogging and I tell myself stories truly just because I enjoy it) and just townified another, but I did Toddlermania 3 times and 7 Toddlers twice so some of them just got dumped. Too many sims.

Half the time, anymore, I don't even pay attention to wants until I notice that they are starting to worry about their aspiration level. My sims have roles to fulfill (Teardrop Isle) or I'm just letting them run amok and amuse me (Prospect Beach) so that I can later make sense of their antics.
Roles to fulfill.. that's a great way to put it. I have backstories and what I've been thinking of as simlife goals (not game goals, the sims have goals) but I like your phrase better. Do you post yours in Made-up Animals? I'll have to actually look in there sometime.

*Tombstone of L&D move-ins are now borked. Noticed with FreeTime. If you use it, immediately save, moveobjects on, and delete new sim, then leave lot and return. Otherwise they wander off until the next time you load the lot.

I gave up and put insim back in to set up my hood. I know I can do everything with testing cheats really, but it's tooooo frustrating to find the parts I need and then use them in ways they work (like don't, for example, teleport in a bunch of sims that are in the bin and then turn them into townies with the in-game cheats. You get dupes and if you aren't careful crash the game because one wasn't moved the way the game wants them to be. I'm very glad insim is being updated. I really need it for that kind of hood.

Unsouper
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2008 April 26, 03:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update on the challenge:

I waited until I could upgrade a couple EPs before continuing testing. I now have the EPs through OFB, plus BV, plus a couple stuff packs. I then tried a couple more tests. Haven't noticed anything substantially different about the mechanics of raising the twins, but then the mechanics were never in question; it was raising twins within the aspiration restrictions that was tricky.

I've come to the conclusion that the toddler stage of the challenge is seriously broken. For one, although it's easy to raise the toddlers to children with all three skills, getting the right aspiration level is just too random. It turns out the evil twin doesn't always get social-only wants on the last day, although sometimes you can force an extra reroll by using the trick of putting the evil twin to bed about 5pm Thursday to delay the age up and get one more sleep cycle in.

But even when doing this, it turns out the aspiration meter is BROKEN. My last evil toddler aged up with no color showing at all, green or red, and triggered the "grew up badly" fear, dropping into the red after age-up ... but got the "grew up well" memory, even though the message said the kid grew up "so-so".

Since this means aspiration isn't reliable as a scoring criteria, the entire challenge has to be done differently. Which is a shame: I had high hopes for adding a couple restrictions to make it harder, like "parent must get job out of paper or computer on first day" and adding the nursery rhyme as a required toddler skill for Freetime.
Ladysh
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 January 20, 22:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow sounds fun but i need a cheat to have twins
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 January 20, 22:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ladysh. Hi. Please to read the FAQ. Big scary lich guy should have deterred you from posting in a thread that has seen no action since April with a contribution of absolutely no substance. Also, this challenge fails.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: