More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:13:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  issues with Mansions & gardens
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: issues with Mansions & gardens  (Read 6798 times)
nwkitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
issues with Mansions & gardens
« on: 2008 December 31, 19:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having some issues with the new SP, it will not allow me to use straight stairs anywhere in my game, spiral stairs? no problem, and I've ruled out bad downloads.  is anyone else having this problem, and is there a patch out for this?  I'd hate to have to uninstall it since I spent the money on the game.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: issues with Mansions & gardens
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 31, 20:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why, oh, why don't you use the search, in this forum? This question has raised and solved multiple times, by now. Just SEARCH for it.

And a happy new year, I'm off to celebrate with mum.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 31, 20:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, enjoy your SecuROM.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
nwkitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: issues with Mansions & gardens no stairs
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 31, 21:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well gee, thanks for the hint, I did look through *anything* that had M&G in it, but to my disappointment, nothing to do with this particular problem.  I can not get any of the straight stairs, either custom content or EA made to play in my game.  I get an "out of range" error message on it.  I've had friends do some looking as well, and they have had the same issue. 
now if there is somewhere here that I've not searched, please do let me know.  not all people are computer savvy, and some ask in desperation, because they have exhausted what meager knowledge they have, which is why we come to those who, know more and might be inclinded to share knowledge with those who don't.

Happy New Year to you as well

oh and p.s.?  I don't have a problem with Securom... don't bother me in the least. Smiley
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 31, 21:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well gee, thanks for the hint, I did look through *anything* that had M&G in it, but to my disappointment, nothing to do with this particular problem.  I can not get any of the straight stairs, either custom content or EA made to play in my game.  I get an "out of range" error message on it.  I've had friends do some looking as well, and they have had the same issue. 
now if there is somewhere here that I've not searched, please do let me know.  not all people are computer savvy, and some ask in desperation, because they have exhausted what meager knowledge they have, which is why we come to those who, know more and might be inclinded to share knowledge with those who don't.

Happy New Year to you as well

oh and p.s.?  I don't have a problem with Securom... don't bother me in the least. Smiley

Yet.

If your CD or DVD drive suddenly stops working, as happened to my not-computer-savvy father's, you can't say you weren't warned.

nwkitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 31, 21:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, I'll take that into consideration!  but as of yet, knock on wood, I've not had any issues. But thanks for the heads up
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 31, 21:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never had issues with SecuROM either, I just don't like illegally installed malware on my computer.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 31, 22:31:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can not get any of the straight stairs, either custom content or EA made to play in my game. 

I'm in a good mood, so I've given you a hint.  Use it well, grasshopper...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ritaxis
Blathering Buffoon

not nice

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 31, 22:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I did a search on "stairs" for you, because I'm nice and I've been having some stairs problems of my own (I hardly ever use regular stairs: I love me some modulars, though).  I always have to knock out a wall or use moveobjects on to get modular stairs where I want them these days.  Also, the amount of space that stairs take has increased by a tile, which is annoying.  I used to put a fence railing around the stairs at the top, and it only took three tiles, the same as the length of the hole in the floor.  Now I have to leave a five or six tile hole in order to get modulat stairs to place, though I can fill in all but the three tiles after: but a railing has to enclose four tiles.  Annoying, but liveable.

I think you get "out of range" when the game has decided that the ground is uneven, even though I don't think that is what "out of range" means.  Like it thinks you're trying to place it with part of it hanging off the end of a foundation, or on a slope.  You could try re-leveling the area the stairs are going in to, and clearing walls and floors away.

Here are the forum references I found for stairs and M&G (be patient, I don't think either of them directly deal with your problem but the discussion might help you think about the problem you have):

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13734.msg394547.html#msg394547
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13360.msg380684.html#msg380684

The third one was this thread, and then most of the others were idle chat about who's upstairs and who's downstairs.

jsalemi: if you're thinking taking out all the custom stairs will solve the problem, I think it's always worth a try but I don't think that's it.

nwkitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 31, 22:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, no, that isn't it either.  i went back to other houses that i've played in the past, got the same error msg, and wound up deleting the stairs just to get into the house. minus the stairs in the house.  I think it is going to take un-installing M&G.  playing the game and then seeing whether that is the problem.   I just hate going backwards to fix a problem.  but thanks for the thought!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 31, 22:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Custom stairs? Check the scriptorium. Numenor may have updated it.

nwkitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 31, 23:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have an issue with the custom stairs, all the spirals work, it is just the straight stairs, custom and EA originals. 

thanks tho
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 December 31, 23:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This seems to be a bug with M&G; you should be able to place the stairs with moveobjects on.
nwkitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 December 31, 23:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tried that too as well as the snapobjectstogrid, no go. and yes I agree, it is a bug with M&G, but as of yet, no one has done a patch for it.
SimmerKat
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 January 29, 11:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I did a search on "stairs" for you, because I'm nice and I've been having some stairs problems of my own (I hardly ever use regular stairs: I love me some modulars, though).  I always have to knock out a wall or use moveobjects on to get modular stairs where I want them these days.  Also, the amount of space that stairs take has increased by a tile, which is annoying.  I used to put a fence railing around the stairs at the top, and it only took three tiles, the same as the length of the hole in the floor.  Now I have to leave a five or six tile hole in order to get modulat stairs to place, though I can fill in all but the three tiles after: but a railing has to enclose four tiles.  Annoying, but liveable.

I don't remember where I learned this trick, but I have used it since installing all the EPs, including M&G, so it should work for you. Have the moveobjects on cheat active, remove as many floor tiles as needed, place the stairs, save the game. Move the stairs outside somewhere, close up all but 3 of the floor spaces and place any railings around them, then move the stairs back in. You can also place walls at this time if they were giving you a problem with the stairs in place.

SK  Smiley
ritaxis
Blathering Buffoon

not nice

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 February 09, 17:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, I will try that next time.  But it shouldn't be so hard!

Oh well, it's jujst a game . . .
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: