More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 04:39:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Coffecuphack and Nobathroomdishes Incompatible???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Coffecuphack and Nobathroomdishes Incompatible???  (Read 6062 times)
BoilingOil
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Coffecuphack and Nobathroomdishes Incompatible???
« on: 2008 December 31, 02:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Originally I was annoyed by the fact that after drinking a cup of coffee, Sims would walk 5 miles, uphill, in the snow, with a boner, to find a DESK (for crying out loud) to put the cup on, in stead of washing it up or putting it on a counter (why a desk, and NOT a counter, EAxoids??? Have you lost it???)

So then I found that the Coffeecuphack solved the issue, having the Sim wash up the cup, or put it on the floor where they were.

Then I got annoyed by Sims who, when told to clean up dishes in the kitchen, would ignore the kitchen sink, and use the bathroom sink instead, onlu because there spouse was in the bathroom (probably USING that sink, causing a traffic jam). I was hoping for a hack that would lessen the obsession with spouses, so they would ONLY use the bathroom sink, if the kitchen sink was already in use. But such a thing doesn't exist as far as I am aware. So I used the next best thing: Nobathroomdishes.

Now, if the ONLY available sink is in the bathroom, they will throw dishes away, rather than to wash them up in the bathroom. Seemed better to me than the alternative...

But now back to the coffeecups: after installing Nobathroomdishes, the Sims behave as if the coffeecuphack doesn't exist anymore: They again walk 5 miles, uphill, etcetera for a desk, rather than putting the cup on the kitchen floor.

I would like to see that Sims preferred the CLOSEST available sink, UNLESS it is in use, and only used the bathroom sink, if no other option is available. And if that fails as well, I would like to see them just put the cup down wherever they are, whithout resorting to cluttering desks - which are NOT counters after all - and for which they have to cross the whole house.

Does anyone here know of a way to get this done correctly? I *know* we can't trust the EAxoids to do such things right, because if we could, this problem would not have occurred in the first place...

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Coffecuphack and Nobathroomdishes Incompatible???
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 31, 03:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure you don't have any hack conflicts?  What EPs do you have?

I have both these hacks, and they work as designed.  Sims drop the cups on the floor if there isn't an open surface or sink nearby, usually in the same room.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 31, 03:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coffee Cup Hack + Bathroom Uses You will do the trick.

Or stop putting sinks in bathrooms. I never put sinks in bathrooms, unless I want behavior like that. OK, I'm lying; I think I have a couple places where I used a sink purely decoratively.
BoilingOil
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 31, 03:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure you don't have any hack conflicts?  What EPs do you have?

I have both these hacks, and they work as designed.  Sims drop the cups on the floor if there isn't an open surface or sink nearby, usually in the same room.

HCDU sees absolutely no conflicts, and I have all EP's and SP's
BoilingOil
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 31, 03:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or stop putting sinks in bathrooms. I never put sinks in bathrooms, unless I want behavior like that. OK, I'm lying; I think I have a couple places where I used a sink purely decoratively.

I was not happy with BUY, because it doesn't seem to use bathtubs, only showers, whereas I prefer my sims to use bathtubs. I don't want Ass to Wipe my Sims... Smiley I actually *care* about these little babies... Smiley

Also, I find sinks in bathroom useful.

I prefer a sensible solution over the EAxoid way, but if it's beyond the big hackers' capabilities to make this work without resorting to Soviet tactics, I'll survive <big evil grin> (no offense intended)
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 31, 03:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HCDU isn't always definitive.  You can check by taking your other CC out, and only leaving in these two hacks.  I guess you can also wait for someone else to report with the same problem.
BoilingOil
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 31, 04:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, ok. I can accept that.

Taking everything else out would render my current game hardly playable. And even if it showed these two hacks to correctly work together, we would still need to determine which of the other things is causing the malfunction... Nobody wants that job, since it's rather a large heap of hacks I'm using.

Since the current situation seems to be exactly the same as without both hacks, I'll simply remove them and leave things the way EAxis screwed it up. It's not life-threatening, after all? Thanks for the reply!
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 31, 05:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was not happy with BUY, because it doesn't seem to use bathtubs, only showers, whereas I prefer my sims to use bathtubs. I don't want Ass to Wipe my Sims... Smiley I actually *care* about these little babies... Smiley
It handles bathtubs fine. In fact, for one household with a shower tub, one sim always showers, while the other prefers baths. All BUY-controlled. For a house I have with no showers, only a tub, the sim bathes. Only bathing-related BUY issue I've seen is: if you have a sink in the bathroom and bathe a baby in it, the sim will put the baby on the floor after finishing bathing the sprog, then gets kicked out by BUY, creating a problem in childcare.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 31, 06:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It handles bathtubs fine. In fact, for one household with a shower tub, one sim always showers, while the other prefers baths. All BUY-controlled. For a house I have with no showers, only a tub, the sim bathes. Only bathing-related BUY issue I've seen is: if you have a sink in the bathroom and bathe a baby in it, the sim will put the baby on the floor after finishing bathing the sprog, then gets kicked out by BUY, creating a problem in childcare.

You'll probably find your sim that prefers baths is an extremely messy sim (messy enough to leave puddles of water everywhere when they shower).  In my lots with shower/tub combos I find BUY sends the really messy sims to take a bath, while everyone else is directed to shower.

And ditto on no problems with BUY and houses with only baths in them (not that I have many of those, I prefer my sims to be able to shower because it's quicker).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 31, 07:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll probably find your sim that prefers baths is an extremely messy sim (messy enough to leave puddles of water everywhere when they shower).  In my lots with shower/tub combos I find BUY sends the really messy sims to take a bath, while everyone else is directed to shower.
That is indeed what it does. Isn't it so nice that it is smarter than you?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
blackvelvet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 31, 16:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you recently downloaded a mod that changes the colour of coffee cups? In my game, the new default coffee cups (brown stripes) cancels out the automatic washing/disposal of said coffee cups.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 January 03, 14:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you recently downloaded a mod that changes the colour of coffee cups? In my game, the new default coffee cups (brown stripes) cancels out the automatic washing/disposal of said coffee cups.

That's what happens when people who have no idea what they are doing makes replacements.
They must have cloned the whole cup in stead of just replacing the texture (which would have been quicker and easier anyway).

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: