More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 10:04:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to change lot class?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to change lot class?  (Read 5998 times)
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
How to change lot class?
« on: 2008 December 28, 20:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a new apartment that I created that's meant to be super high end and filled with rich sims, but its lot class is set to low. I used the changelotclassification cheat to make it a high end lot, but the changes didn't stick, and when I tried to change lot class using the lot adjuster, none of my apartments showed up on the list of lots. So, is there a way to change lot class using SimPE? I searched and searched and all I could find was allusions to changing it in SimPE, but nothing to show you how.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: How to change lot class?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 28, 21:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the 'clearLotClassValue' command first, then set the lot class. There is also something on the lot debugger referencing lot class, but I haven't used it yet.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 28, 23:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did that I think, but the problem is that when I saved I dont think the changes stuck...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 29, 01:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THe changes won't stick no matter what you do, but if you make sure they're on before your sim claims the apartment, the setting will stick for the duration of the playing session, I.E., when the game populates the building. After that, it doesn't matter if it refuses to stick. I've had weird lot class issues, too. Like the SLUM OF TORTURE manages to somehow classify as "middle" despite the fact that it is obviously a total shithole.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 29, 05:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The values not sticking could have something to do with the cost of the lot.
(See Mootilda's post here http://nene.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=2048000#post2048000)
Also in that thread, there are suggestions that neighbouring lots may have some influence.  So maybe surrounding the slum with abandonated cars and dumsters would help.

Can't say that I really understand the lot class thing other than it is supposed to attract different social groups.  I've not played enough to tell if this has any real benefit.
The idea that a neighbourhood has different social areas is very appealing in theory. EA coded it though, and in the very last EP.  So I don't think it's worth taking too much effort trying to build a high-class bussiness district and expect the shops to generate higher profits for example.

On a related note, Has anyone noticed if the 'cheaper catalog prices' or 'cheaper rent' social rewards extend to discounts on the price of a new house?

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 29, 05:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cheaper catalogue items work in houses, but the lot cost of the house is not cut. I have a sim that still buy things in buy mode at a discount, even though they moved out of the apt a sim week ago.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 29, 06:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA really mucked this one up.  You can use a cheat to view the lot class value, and another cheat to clear the override flag (which will remove the fixed lot class value and allow the game to recalculate the lot class value), but setting a value will not stick because the cheat to set a value only works once the override flag is clear.  There is no cheat to set the override flag.

You can set a permanent lot class value using the LotAdjuster.  Check the Lot Class checkbox and type in the permanent Lot Class Value that you want.  A specific lot class value can be high-, middle-, or low-class depending upon the type of lot, so you might have to experiment a bit.

If you don't like to use the LotAdjuster, you can also use SimPE to change the hex values.  The wiki contains information about the lot class fields:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=DESC

The values not sticking could have something to do with the cost of the lot.
(See Mootilda's post here http://nene.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=2048000#post2048000)
Also in that thread, there are suggestions that neighbouring lots may have some influence.  So maybe surrounding the slum with abandonated cars and dumsters would help.

Abandoned cars and dumpsters have no affect on the lot class value; in fact, I was unable to find any effect from decorations during my research.  Only lots which are within 6 tiles of your lot will have an effect.  However, the effect can be bizarre because of the difference in lot class ranges for the different kinds of lots.  For example, apartments need a higher lot class value than residential lots for each lot class.  This means that a house set among cheap low-class apartments will probably be considered high-class.  As well, the EA lot class logic doesn't seem to work for community lots, so having parks around your house can actually make an expensive high-class house be considered low-class by the game.  Sigh.

The link specified above occurs fairly late in the discussion... a better place to start reading might be:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=2025181#post2025181
« Last Edit: 2008 December 29, 06:40:56 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: