More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 13:45:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Simpose 2?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Simpose 2?  (Read 11664 times)
roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Simpose 2?
« on: 2008 December 26, 20:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just read about a program called Simpose 2 that is used in conjunction with Simpe. As I have never heard of it before I wonder if it is a program that is no longer viable or what?

Any input would be appreciated.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Simpose 2?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 26, 21:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard that this program was abandoned before leaving the "thoroughly useless" stage, as it never got to the point where you could actually save or re-import the produced poses and animations.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 26, 21:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The photo-editing and frankensimming people still use it, I believe. Liek dis.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 26, 21:09:55 by Tsarina » Logged

INEPT INTP
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 26, 21:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played with it in the early days. It was fun to twist sims into interesting poses. But it was useless.

The photo-editing people still use it, I believe.

Don't know why. With so many pose hacks, it seems like too much trouble.

Fail.
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 26, 21:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know why. With so many pose hacks, it seems like too much trouble.

I suppose the freedom that comes with not being limited to premade poses is nice. Also, if you're not very good at frankensimming different pictures together, I imagine it would be useful.

INEPT INTP
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 26, 21:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So semi off-topic here; what do people recommend as the best sim posing type mods?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 26, 22:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Jaydee's animation boxes, and Aikea Guniea's painting.   They provide a large range of the already in game poses, and then things like Decorgal's and rose's boxes provide some new ones.
Squinge's Hula mod and more is also useful.  It depends a bit on how accessible you want the poses, and how complex the particular ones you want are.
roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 27, 13:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had not heard of Rose's animbox- where might I find it?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 27, 19:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

roberte, google is your friend.

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 28, 02:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using SimPose 2 for quite awhile now. It's really not that hard to use once you get the hang of it. The only real downside is that you have to do all the shading and usually draw hair on the sims from scratch since most hair meshes don't show properly. I use it mostly for editing pics for sim contests.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 28, 02:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So semi off-topic here; what do people recommend as the best sim posing type mods?

My favourites by far would be Aikea Guinea's animation hack paintings. They're really great and they're animated instead of just static poses like Decorgal's box so you never get the same look / anim on a sim twice...it's nice for uniqueness.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 28, 05:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers for that but I've worked out that I need to know how to trigger the animations more than I need to actually pose the sims. I just have a story in mind and want to work out how to get certain shots in game.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 December 28, 05:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using SimPose 2 for quite awhile now. It's really not that hard to use once you get the hang of it. The only real downside is that you have to do all the shading and usually draw hair on the sims from scratch since most hair meshes don't show properly. I use it mostly for editing pics for sim contests.

Are you that ShortyBoo who's getting slagged on Sim Secret this week? Also, can you provide some links to your work?

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 December 28, 05:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers for that but I've worked out that I need to know how to trigger the animations more than I need to actually pose the sims. I just have a story in mind and want to work out how to get certain shots in game.

Aikea's paintings put the animation on a loop - tinker around with it, see which anims and expressions you get and like, write down which ones they are and it'll keep looping the anim until you stop the process in the sims' queue.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 December 28, 05:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aikea's paintings put the animation on a loop - tinker around with it, see which anims and expressions you get and like, write down which ones they are and it'll keep looping the anim until you stop the process in the sims' queue.

Yeah, for me it was trial and error to get the poses to sync up with the music or to do what I wanted. I kept jumping between TS2 and Notepad, especially when I had multiple sims in one shot.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 December 28, 05:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hur. I ain't aimin' anywhere near your elevated heights, AM!  Cheesy A series of stills is the extent of my ambition. Your movie is awesome.

Akea's pictures definitely sound interesting. I downloaded Jaydee's stuff this morning.

Sorry to the OP, I did try not to take over this thread and posted a request on the CC thread.  Embarrassed

ETA: Call me senile, call me blind, no download link, can I find.
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,42093.msg660238.html#msg660238

The image in the post says "Pulled Animation Painting", which may be what Akea_Guinea called the painting or it may mean s/he pulled it.

I'm blind. Found it and also the second painting.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 28, 05:41:55 by witch » Logged

toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 December 28, 06:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're doing stills only witch, I highly recommend this freezer clock.  It freezes sims during an animation, which allows you to set them up one sim at a time.
I hope that you get some help out of this stuff.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 December 28, 20:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hur. I ain't aimin' anywhere near your elevated heights, AM!  Cheesy A series of stills is the extent of my ambition. Your movie is awesome.

Akea's pictures definitely sound interesting. I downloaded Jaydee's stuff this morning.

Sorry to the OP, I did try not to take over this thread and posted a request on the CC thread.  Embarrassed

ETA: Call me senile, call me blind, no download link, can I find.
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,42093.msg660238.html#msg660238

The image in the post says "Pulled Animation Painting", which may be what Akea_Guinea called the painting or it may mean s/he pulled it.

I'm blind. Found it and also the second painting.

An anim that I particularly like and use for a LOT of my screenshot taking  for showing off creations is in the animations from OFB - I can't think of the name off the top of my head and I don't have the game open right now but it's the one where the buyer gets dazzled...it let me get shots like this one.

tabbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2009 January 07, 05:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Simpose is pretty cool. You can save your poses but it's a pain in the @$$. If you want to play around with it there are some useful tutorials on Sim Contest forum, but it's also not very useful too. I think I have a love hate thing with it.
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 January 07, 06:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, kiki, do you use default replacement skins? 'Cause I'd really like to know where you got the one in the picture Smiley

INEPT INTP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: