More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:16:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Crammyboye Archives (Moderator: crammyboy)
| | |-+  Reduced Furious Walkby Fix
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Reduced Furious Walkby Fix  (Read 25818 times)
crammyboy

View Profile
Reduced Furious Walkby Fix
« on: 2005 November 11, 05:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reduces the chance of furious walkby to >20%

The way the game currently check for walkby is to check every neighbour in the neighbourhood to see if they are furious with a sim in the family, then check for a random 10% chance of walkby. So more furious sims, more furious walkbys.

This hack checks for a 20% chance before checking any neighbours.

Nightlife  & OFB

* CBOY_furious_walkby_fix.zip (0.81 KB - downloaded 1524 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 March 23, 11:57:04 by crammyboy » Logged
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
Re: Reduced Furious Walkby Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 11, 05:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! More ways to reduce this "pesky pissy sims (PPS)" epidemic!

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 20, 19:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reduces the chance of furious walkby to >20%

The way the game currently check for walkby is to check every neighbour in the neighbourhood to see if they are furious with a sim in the family, then check for a random 10% chance of walkby. So more furious sims, more furious walkbys.

This hack checks for a 20% chance before checking any neighbours.

Oh so THAT's why all those bloody annoying people have been coming round kicking over the dustbins and stealing the paper?  mmm - my own solution was going to be to make it Against The Law and then imprison the buggers in my new prison (thanks Inge).  I've been busy working on passing legislation for sim crimes ... maybe I won't use this just yet.

Inteen for AL, yay!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 21, 15:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh so THAT's why all those bloody annoying people have been coming round kicking over the dustbins and stealing the paper?  mmm - my own solution was going to be to make it Against The Law and then imprison the buggers in my new prison (thanks Inge).  I've been busy working on passing legislation for sim crimes ... maybe I won't use this just yet.

I've been getting some particularly grouchy neighbours who walk by and steal the newspaper and kick over the trash can for no reason at all.  One of them is a friend of my Sim, and not furious with anyone, so it's really a piss-off.  But also kind of entertaining (not to mention I don't have to worry about my Sim recycling the newspaper).
crammyboy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 21, 16:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims will still come around and kick the can over, if they have negative aspiration (in the red).
jack_d_spratt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 20, 21:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Furious walkbys...

Glad I came here, I was wondering what was going on.  My vampire Sim does not get along with a Count Cole, to the point that everytime they see each other a fight ensues.  Usually it's my Sim that starts it, but if she doesn't the Count will.  That part made sense.  The part that didn't is, Count Clown keeps coming over to her house and inviting himself in.  I like the extra opportunites to kick his butt, so I won't be using the hack; but I appreciate the good work.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 21, 22:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been getting some particularly grouchy neighbours who walk by and steal the newspaper and kick over the trash can for no reason at all.  One of them is a friend of my Sim, and not furious with anyone, so it's really a piss-off.  But also kind of entertaining (not to mention I don't have to worry about my Sim recycling the newspaper).

You mean . . . you have Pescado in your neighborhood? Grin That's all he does in my game. That, and play with small children. He likes them for some reason.

Has anyone noticed that people seem to be going out of their way to thank people since the new news box thing went up?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 21, 23:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean . . . you have Pescado in your neighborhood? Grin That's all he does in my game. That, and play with small children. He likes them for some reason.

That's odd...since he scares the bejesus out of small kids in real life apparently.  Tongue

Has anyone noticed that people seem to be going out of their way to thank people since the new news box thing went up?

Yes, I'd like to thank you for noticing.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 30, 00:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of the sims in my game that kick over trashcans are in gold or platinum when they do it - just high in fun and low in niceness!  Plus they may have walked by the lot a couple of times and nobody came rushing out to greet them!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sweethrtcc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 31, 21:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been using this for a while and love it. I was tired of those stupid sims kicking over my trash can and stealing my newspapers.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 01, 03:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont use this mod because I didnt think I need it I just use Inge's no kick trashcan I dont care about the paper I dont need it anyway.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 15, 21:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't downloaded this till now because I found the furious walkbys to be funny.  But since my poor sim caght the flu 2 times in the span of 3 days because of roaches from kicked over trashcans its found a home in my game.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 16, 00:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just delete the rubbish with move objects as soon as the can is kicked over - since the game slows to a crawl, there's no problem spotting it!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 05, 07:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this one compatible with OFB?
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 05, 08:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think he has updated anything yet. He was supposed to get the game yesterday, so I doubt he has had a chance to check them yet.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 06, 08:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Others he made are already mentionned to be OFB compatible so I was just wondering about this one since I cannot live without it.  Wink
« Last Edit: 2006 March 06, 14:55:54 by MissDoh » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: