More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 19:43:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Fubared Apartments
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fubared Apartments  (Read 2821 times)
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Fubared Apartments
« on: 2008 December 24, 16:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I just finished an apartment by converting one of V1ND1CARE's community lots, the one that looks like a classic french building. I typed in "changelotzoning apartmentbase" and saved and exited, and from the neighborhood screen it showed as an apartment building. I guess I should have doubled checked that the apartment was in order, but oops. So I moved a family in, and they show as living in an apartment there in the neighborhood screen. But when I enter the lot, there's still just a community phone booth and trash can, and live mode is greyed out. I don't want to move them out b/c that might mean losing the furnishing, and I spent a long-ass time furnishing that giant place. So, is there a way to fix this and turn the lot into a proper, working apartment lot?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Fubared Apartments
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 24, 16:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just evict them. If it's an apartment, the furnishings should still be there in the "base" lot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 24, 17:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That still doesn't quite solve how I would fix the apartment lot itself. Do I have to download a buyable apartment mailbox? Would that work? I'm afraid to delete the community phone b/c I'm afraid it'll permanently f up the lot. But would that help things? So confused!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 24, 17:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. Buyable mailbox will fix this. You should replace the community lot phone and trashcan with a residential mailbox and trashcan.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: