More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 18:26:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Food in thought bubble = squiggly lines?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Food in thought bubble = squiggly lines?  (Read 3453 times)
pseudonymph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Food in thought bubble = squiggly lines?
« on: 2008 December 23, 08:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, y'all.

I own a restaurant in my game, and I have 3 employees (host, chef, server), but they all seem to chip in w/ trying to "sell" the food on the restaurant menu. Sometimes the food in their thought bubbles appear as squiggly lines though, assuming food is what's trying to appear. Has anyone else experienced this? It's driving me nuts, and I'd really hate to have to do a full reinstall.

I'm playing w/ a no-cd.exe crack, and my dumb ass tried to use Maxis' patch over it - could this be where I went wrong?

Thanks,
Totally Non-Awesome.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Food in thought bubble = squiggly lines?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 23, 08:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the foods are bugged and should not be placed in the menu. You will get squiggly lines and errors in-game if you allow those foods to be ordered.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pseudonymph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 23, 08:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your response.

Okay, I have about 4 on the menu right now. I'll take them off one by one and use process of elimination.

Question: I used the Lot Debugger to "clear gossip" and "clear trash"...this can do nothing but help, right?

Also, I only have like 5 items on the menu, and I've seen them all appear in thought bubbles perfectly fine before; does this not matter and mean that the foods could still be bugged regardless? Like sometimes they appear in bubbles and sometimes they don't?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 23, 13:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clear Trash removes pointless spam memories, many of which can be out of sequence or the artifacts of trying to fix stuff. Clear Gossip wipes out the gossip tokens, which will reduce your sims' conversational topics for a bit. This isn't really good or bad, it just is.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pseudonymph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 24, 14:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gotcha. I ended up just turning headlines off; not gonna let that mess drive me nuts lol, not when Sims 3 is on the way. Thanks for your help.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 25, 08:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which foods are bugged?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: