More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 09:38:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Some Basic questions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Some Basic questions  (Read 6162 times)
Killzone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Some Basic questions
« on: 2008 December 21, 22:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the Deluxe Basic/Nightlife package and OFB installed. I have a custom neighbourhood made from the blank templates. All playables and townies/downtownies have been made in CAS. A bunch of over 40 MATY hacks including antiredundancy, notownieregen, crumplefix and some Non-awsome hacks such as ACR, Insimenator, Nokicktrash,No Newspaper Delivery. Total population is 202 made up of 7 NPC and about 140 playables.

I have been playing this hood for about 2 months, having played aprox 3-4 sim days on each of 60 residential lots with no obvious serious problems however a few things I have noted

1) I have yet to have a burglary. This seems unusual. Would any MATY hack for OFB prevent this?

2) I keep a close eye in simPE to see if there are any unattached SWAF's. There are 196 SWARF's with Mrs CrumpleBottom having one, is this a problem?

3) In simPE I have 51 Family Unknown (FAMH), this number has grown since I started the hood, dont recall what it was at the start. What are FAMH's?

4) I initially started the hood with mainly single's and had them move in 3Bolt townies/downtownies. The townies/downtownies have a memory wipe when they move in, however I note if any playable has woohoo'd the townie before movein that their memory of it remained. Does this cause problems?

5) Some of my single playables got matched up. I moved in one of the playables. I did experience some weirdness when moved in another playable to vacated houses.. Sims would jump in and out of the shower repeatedly etc. Moving the sims to lotbin/bulldozing/moving in sim to new house on same lot fixed the problem. I decided not to use vacated houses anymore and bulldoze the house once the original occupant vacated and replace with a new house. Is there any problems with deleting vacated houses (no tombstones) and placing a new house on the old lot?

6) Im currently reading all the old Podium threads, I see mention of a dancing  Bust-a Move. I havent seen this option for any sim yet. Is this move available to certain sims, at a certain dancing skill level or only available with a EP/SP I dont have?

7) I see that playing with the RC can corrupt an objects package. Some of the townies that moved in with a playable had RC's in their inventory. I sold them immediately. Does owning a RC corrupt this objects package or just playing with it do that?

If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you!
Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Some Basic questions
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 22, 00:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

6) Im currently reading all the old Podium threads, I see mention of a dancing  Bust-a Move. I havent seen this option for any sim yet. Is this move available to certain sims, at a certain dancing skill level or only available with a EP/SP I dont have?

I'm afraid I can't help you with the rest, but I do know that Bust a Move comes with University.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 22, 00:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) I have yet to have a burglary. This seems unusual. Would any MATY hack for OFB prevent this?
This is normally sado-random. There isn't a no burglary hack from MATY, as that would be contrary to Pescado's personality quirks.

4) I initially started the hood with mainly single's and had them move in 3Bolt townies/downtownies. The townies/downtownies have a memory wipe when they move in, however I note if any playable has woohoo'd the townie before movein that their memory of it remained. Does this cause problems?
No, it won't cause problems. Wiping memory options will only remove non relative memories, or memories that aren't relied on for other memories - like woohoo memories when the sim in question has kids. In your case it keeps the memory because a playable was directed to cause that memory, and removing it would be bad, unless you removed it from the playable as well.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 22, 00:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had a burglary in eons; and the last burglar took an aspiration reward.

I am not sure what you think the problem is with 4?

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 22, 00:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read it as being that there were still memories after doing a purge on the lot debugger, and that this might be a bad thing.

Killzone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 22, 01:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

re 4)

No, if a townie moves in and becomes playable they get a memory wipe by the game. If that townie had a woohoo with a playable before he/she moved in..then the extownies woohoo memory is wiped, but the playables woohoo memory with that extownie remains.

re 1)

I was wondering if a side effect of clean templates/antiredundancy or something similar might cause no burglars
« Last Edit: 2008 December 22, 01:11:27 by Killzone » Logged

If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you!
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 22, 01:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

erk. I got that wrong then. To be honest I've never looked at what the game does by default, I usually use the lot debugger on move in to clean anything up.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 22, 01:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. The burglary thing doesn't have anything to do with clean templates.  If you are using clean templates then a burglar will spawn when the game needs one.  It's probably just Eaxis sadorandomness at work.  Sometimes you don't get a burglary in a while, then you get a whole string of them.

5. I think this might be action of the combination of Pescado hacks & normal game interaction.  The "mystery sim" memories are wiped, although if the townie had kissed your sim then Pescado's hack replaces the "mystery sim" memories with memories that point to your sim.

6. Bust-a-move requires around level 8 of dancing, is found under the entertain sub-menu, and is truly awesome when making friends.  It is a huge boost to STR (+8) and also boosts LTR.  I just looked in the Prima guide for the base game and it doesn't seem to be listed there, but it was definitely available in Uni.  As has already been said, it may be an interaction that requires Uni.

7. To protect your objects package from corruption you need to set your objects.package file to read only.  The problem you mention arises when RC cars are played with, not just for them being in inventory or on the lot.  There is (or was) a similar problem with Mrs Crumplebottom, so it's not just remote control cars.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 22, 01:56:44 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 22, 01:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, but if your sims have developed chronic insomnia, then burglars tend to be deterred. This is normal EAxis sadorandomness.

2) I keep a close eye in simPE to see if there are any unattached SWAF's. There are 196 SWARF's with Mrs CrumpleBottom having one, is this a problem?
Normal. All sims, including the uniques, get a SWAF.

3) In simPE I have 51 Family Unknown (FAMH), this number has grown since I started the hood, dont recall what it was at the start. What are FAMH's?
Nothing important to worry about, I think.

This is normal EAxis behavior.

Both. I think it appeared in Uni.

7) I see that playing with the RC can corrupt an objects package. Some of the townies that moved in with a playable had RC's in their inventory. I sold them immediately. Does owning a RC corrupt this objects package or just playing with it do that?
This bug should have been fixed ages ago. If you have a recent expansion, you should be fine.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 22, 03:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh.  I've never noticed that Bust A Move requires level 8 dancing.  I thought it was closer to level 3.  Level 8 is enough to get the Tsang Footwork award, and very few of my sims earn that, but I usually make my Pleasure, Pop, and Romance Sims dance until they can Bust A Move. 

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 22, 03:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the correction.  You're right, level 8 dancing is the scholarship.  Bust a move is level 6 dancing.

Before NL, once your teen could bust a move you knew the scholarship wasn't far away.  Originally the difference between level 1 & 2 was the same as the difference between level 7 & 8.  However, in NL they changed the dance skill progression to bring it in line with the non-hidden skills, where each skill level requires more effort to achieve than the preceding one.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 23, 13:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not quite: ORIGINALLY, the dancing skil progression was just 1-10. So it took about as long as it took to gain about one tenth of a skillpoint. I.E., pretty much instantly. This was changed to be more in line with the regular skill rates. However, it is still linear.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: