More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 22:28:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Serious Business
| |-+  Secret Desert Headquarters
| | |-+  Spore Discussions
| | | |-+  Spore De-Authorization Tool
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Spore De-Authorization Tool  (Read 7768 times)
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
Spore De-Authorization Tool
« on: 2008 December 20, 20:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know most of you don't have to worry about de-authorizing your computers when/if you uninstall Spore. However, because of the public outcry, EAxis has released a de-authorization tool that basically resets your install limits.

Thread and link here.

While it's not getting rid of SecuRom...it's...something.  Undecided

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Spore De-Authorization Tool
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 21, 04:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spore?  Is anyone still even playing that?  I don't think I've started it up in a month...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 21, 06:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spore?  Is anyone still even playing that?  I don't think I've started it up in a month...

Agreed.  I started it up again today, and I know for a fact I haven't played it since September, since I remember playing it right after Hurricane Ike.  I posted this mostly so people could see that EAxis made a half-assed attempt at listening to their customers.  I'm not personally happy with them thinking that this makes any difference to anyone...just thought people would like to know.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 21, 11:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I started the game the last time (certainly more than two months ago) it demanded to be updated. I let it. Result: now it won't even start anymore. I take it, re-installation is in order which would be my last one as I installed it on Windows, too, so I could see whether the performance of the Mac OS version was lacking - that was before I even realised there was an installation limit.

All in all, way to go EAxis! And please don't remind me I had to pay 54 bucks for a game I can't resell...

Black holes suck!
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 21, 19:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this tool work for used games?  I bought mine used for $10.  Naturally, mine is not online and I didn't register, plus I use a exe patch to avoid SecuRom.  It would be nice to have access to the Sporepedia and stuff, but I'm not overly depressed if I can't.

Oh, and I haven't played Spore in awhile either.  I think about playing it, and then realize there's something else better I can do, lol.
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 21, 19:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nevermind, I found the answer to my own question on the Spore Forum:

Q: My computer died at the end of October and I had to buy a new one, well is there a way to deauthorize that old PC with this tool? Or does it only work for the current installation?
A: It only works with the current machine. Only CS can "clear" the old authorization. You can contact our CS team by clicking here.

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/15/15241.page

Bah!  Oh well.  I'm not saddened.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 22, 01:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a thoroughly useless tool, if you can't actually deactivate computers for the reason anyone WOULD: Because the other computer DIED.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 23, 15:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a thoroughly useless tool, if you can't actually deactivate computers for the reason anyone WOULD: Because the other computer DIED.
That, and it still has DRM, which is known to be hated. If it were not for crackers, what would happen when EA will finally end support for this game?

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 23, 18:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you really think anyone would still be playing Spore that long? I haven't touched the thing in months, myself, and I was quite excited about it. In the pre-SecuRom days, Kyna used to tease me about it, and the seemingly endless wait. Too much wait, not enough awesome. Lots of 'pretty', tons of that, but pretty doesn't hold my interest for very long.

MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 23, 23:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you really think anyone would still be playing Spore that long? I haven't touched the thing in months, myself, and I was quite excited about it. In the pre-SecuRom days, Kyna used to tease me about it, and the seemingly endless wait. Too much wait, not enough awesome. Lots of 'pretty', tons of that, but pretty doesn't hold my interest for very long.

Perhaps after they release some expansions and fill the game out like it should've been to start with, people might go back to it.  I'd be thrilled if the Tribal and Civilization stages were as detailed as Age of Empires and Sid Meier's Civilization.  Creature would be awesome if it had more RPG elements to it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: