More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:47:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Did M&G break my build and buy custom content?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Did M&G break my build and buy custom content?  (Read 2872 times)
starlady
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Did M&G break my build and buy custom content?
« on: 2008 December 19, 06:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if anyone else is having problems like this, but I'm hoping someone can help me.

When I got M&G, I completely removed my downloads folder and then installed after having read that it is treated more like an expansion pack rather than a stuff pack. I put the folder in again after the installation finished and everything seemed perfectly normal,  but it wasn't. I was building a house when I noticed that I was missing phaenoh's Georgian Manor set, which is a set that I use quite frequently. On top of which, I was missing almost everything that I had downloaded for build mode. Only a few custom fences remained and even stranger is the fact that I am not missing any custom floors, paints/wallpapers, or half-walls. I then checked the rest of my game and found that ALL of my buy mode custom content was missing.

However, none of the live mode stuff is missing. I can still use all of my custom skins, hairs, jewelry, clothing, make-up, etc.

I have done a binary search, removed all my hacks, but nothing seems to help. Is this a case of tight pants, outdated hacks, or EAxis ruining all my fun? I'd really appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

ETA: Happy now? It's starlady, by the way.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 19, 06:37:02 by starlady » Logged
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: M&G bork my build and buy cc?!!?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 19, 06:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, starladdy? Today is Grammar Day. That means your post, including the title, hint, hint, has to make at least a passing effort at making sense. Spelling, punctuation, grammar: these are all concepts with which you need to familiarise yourself.

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: Did M&G break my build and buy custom content?
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 19, 10:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obvious stupid question: after doing the installation, have you checked to make sure custom content has been re-enabled and restarted? Because the game will show and recognise most bodyshop items and walls/floors but not most custom options if it is disabled.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 19, 11:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also try reinstalling the color enabler package.

Unsouper
starlady
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 19, 14:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Sagana and Skadi.

The custom content was never disabled during installation as it usually is when you install an EP. The custom content dialog came up on starting up my game, as it always has, so, yes, custom has been enabled. I'll double check this anyway, and if that doesn't work, I'll reinstall the CEP.

ETA: Yay! Thank you again, Sagana and Skadi, doing both worked perfectly and I now have my build and buy mode CC back.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 19, 15:56:07 by starlady » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: