More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:30:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 L&P
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 L&P  (Read 307352 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: TS3 L&P
« Reply #550 on: 2009 May 17, 13:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a feeling the path finding would still be an issue.  I wonder if that is why they chose to have most of the community lots as rabbit holes.
It makes a certain amount of sense: Is watching your sim browse shopping racks REALLY that interesting? There's a whole lot of hacks designed to simply eliminate the nuisance of going there at all. Plus, with the entire neighborhood active at once, they have to cut system load somewhere.

O Sim BR is currently attending the Sims 3 Brazilian Fanday event, and they've just received word of a tidbit on the first Sims 3 expansion!  They spoke to the manager of Marketing for EA and were told that it will have something to do with job occupations and work!
So in other words, rather than finishing the damn game, before the game is even OUT yet, they're already going to cut out features that they were originally intending to include and resell them as a seperate expansion pack, essentially charging people extra for the rest of their game. Nice. Is it any surprise that Pirate Cat won't pay for his downloads?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 2009 May 17, 18:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's always been their MO. I just want the ability to make my own neighborhoods from scratch. This second downloadable neighborhood is not what I'm looking for. Why the hell they had to take such a huge step backwards is beyond me.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 2009 May 17, 18:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why the hell they had to take such a huge step backwards is beyond me.

They tried it with simcity, when they made simcity societies, and what a flop that was.  None of the simcity loyalists liked the idea.  So I guess they thought they would try it again with the sims?  Fail in one game, so do it again in another.  Doesn't really make sense to me, but that is EA.

May all your fears & worries come true.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 2009 May 18, 03:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I haven't seen anything about it on this thread yet, I'm going to post this and hope I'm not screwing something up. *ducks* Supposedly, the game leaked early and a torrent is up at demonoid, though I make no claims about whether or not it is legit since I haven't downloaded it. Personally, I'm hoping to wait until CC is a possibility down the road.

Link: http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1925148/41351368/

I sing along with elevator music.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: 2009 May 18, 03:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm downloading it now, I will report in soon  Grin

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 2009 May 18, 03:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, EA has been bragging about it being out for manufacture for awhile now, so it's not a surprise that, naturally, Pirate Cat is the first to get his paws on it. After all, Pirate Cat doesn't pay for his downloads.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #556 on: 2009 May 18, 03:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pirate cat doesn't need to worry about street dates either.

Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 2009 May 18, 03:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems someone posted screenshots in the comments. It seems to be legit, but I'm still not gonna touch it yet. Tongue

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 2009 May 18, 04:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is hilarious. So it's following on the same lines as Spore so far. Except Spore was only leaked a week before release, right? And this one is leaked two weeks and two days before.

Goodness knows I don't have a job, so I guess I can be a lab rat.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #559 on: 2009 May 18, 04:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are only 2 seeders, so it's taking it's sweet assed time.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2009 May 18, 04:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An RL friend of mine confirmed the torrent is legit.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Menchii
Asinine Airhead

Standing Kitteh!!

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2009 May 18, 04:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This blog has it at many free hosts.  Check it out.  It might be faster than the torrent.

http://www.rlslog.net/the-sims-3-reloaded/

And, you know, rude, mean people want a place to call home, too. There are plenty of sugary nice places already. This ain't one of them.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 2009 May 18, 05:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get it off of Demonoid since I don't have an account, but The Pirate Bay has a torrent up. I'm going to try it out.

Should bypassing the launcher work the same way as TS2?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 2009 May 18, 05:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beware: There appears to be some sort of bizarre spyware wrap on the installer, although it WILL work if you extract the ISO manually and unrar the installer. Ordinarily, you'd blame dodgy uploaders for this, but with EAxis, you never know...especially since I found out about it because it's a repeated behavior from...another EAxis game!

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #564 on: 2009 May 18, 05:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This one at Mininova has 51 seeders: http://www.mininova.org/tor/2600472
NFO lists protection as Securom.

Menchii
Asinine Airhead

Standing Kitteh!!

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 2009 May 18, 05:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beware: There appears to be some sort of bizarre spyware wrap on the installer, although it WILL work if you extract the ISO manually and unrar the installer. Ordinarily, you'd blame dodgy uploaders for this, but with EAxis, you never know...especially since I found out about it because it's a repeated behavior from...another EAxis game!

I don't have it fully downloaded yet.  Do you mean there is spyware inside the ISO?  I am confused by what you just warned me about.

And, you know, rude, mean people want a place to call home, too. There are plenty of sugary nice places already. This ain't one of them.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 2009 May 18, 05:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the RELOADED version? I've downloaded several games released by them in the past year and I've never had a problem. All the games I've arr'd are either RELOADED or Vitality releases.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: 2009 May 18, 05:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm definitely not installing it for a while, but since it seems legit and my neighbors have kindly left their wireless unencrypted, why not?  Mutorrent says it should be finished downloading in just five short weeks!   Roll Eyes

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 2009 May 18, 05:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This blog has it at many free hosts.  Check it out.  It might be faster than the torrent.

http://www.rlslog.net/the-sims-3-reloaded/

I'm currently getting it from the links on post 75.  It's at 28%.  I'm shocked the game got leaked so early.  Guess some store stupidly released a copy early like what happened with fallout 3.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 2009 May 18, 05:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine's going so slow! It's only 2.9% done and it says it will take 18 hours. There are only 3 seeds, (I'm not connected to any of them) so that's probably why. I wish I had a Demonoid account, though.

I noticed the Wiki article on the Sims 3 which had info about the game leaking today is gone already. So I guess EA knows about it.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: 2009 May 18, 05:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine's going so slow! It's only 2.9% done and it says it will take 18 hours. There are only 3 seeds, (I'm not connected to any of them) so that's probably why. I wish I had a Demonoid account, though.

I noticed the Wiki article on the Sims 3 which had info about the game leaking today is gone already. So I guess EA knows about it.

35%.  I'm using rapidshare.com to download it so i can get it at my nets maximum speed.  If i'd be using a torrent i'd probably just finish downloading it when the game comes out in stores.

You can bet EA is going nuts about the leak probably already counting the money they think they'll have lost.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #571 on: 2009 May 18, 05:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've given up on the torrents, and gone for rapid share too. Should have it within 2 hours, as opposed to 2 days.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 2009 May 18, 05:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This one at Mininova has 51 seeders: http://www.mininova.org/tor/2600472
NFO lists protection as Securom.
Pay up, people. I'm getting around 200kb-330kb speeds from the original, so keeping with it. I don't have a Demonoid account either, yet I'm getting it.

Pescado, can you explain how to unwrap the ISO manually to bypass this supposed spyware?

New forum section title is fantastic!

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 2009 May 18, 05:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

35%.  I'm using rapidshare.com to download it so i can get it at my nets maximum speed.  If i'd be using a torrent i'd probably just finish downloading it when the game comes out in stores.

You can bet EA is going nuts about the leak probably already counting the money they think they'll have lost.

I hate RapidShare, though. I always get one file and it tells me to wait an hour. Plus, the last time I was there, it wouldn't take the letters they make you type in the box no matter how many times I tried.

I'm getting around 55 KB/s but it's still saying 1 day or more to finish. I might have to go to the RapidShare one.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 2009 May 18, 05:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check your "Sims3Setup.exe" with WinRAR. If you can open it in WinRAR and find another one in there, along with a "codec.exe", you has it. That's the real one. Copy your CD contents, replace the wrapped version with the inside version.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: