More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:59:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 L&P
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 L&P  (Read 305846 times)
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Re: TS3 L&P
« Reply #525 on: 2009 May 16, 14:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, what? I haven't posted in this thread.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 2009 May 16, 15:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's interesting to know Kutto (mildlydisguised), because I found SimSocial interesting.

I found SimSocial a waste of my time.  Played for a week and got bored.  The only thing I found at all interesting, was the sliders to adjust my sims clothes.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #527 on: 2009 May 16, 15:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok how come people are managing to post in this new Sims 3 forum http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/14.page when it won't let me post unless I register with a valid game serial number?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 2009 May 16, 16:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you register for VIP? I did, but didn't get anything further than my welcome note.

ETA: Did you see this, though? Looks like EA staff have already been caught making fun of their customer base. That's assuming that Lionseatsnakes is a mod, which I'm not sure that I buy.

Oh, and you can register without serial code. Read more.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2009 May 16, 16:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can post in it.  There was an option to reserve your screen name for the TS3 site a while back, I'm pretty sure all those people aren't EAxis employees, just fans though.

Uh, what? I haven't posted in this thread.

Yes but kutto and mildlydisguised are such similar words.  Is it any wonder that she got confused?
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: 2009 May 16, 16:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I did that thing about reserving my name.  But the new site prompts me for my email address when I log in, not my screen name.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2009 May 16, 16:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just used the email address that is linked to my EA account.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: 2009 May 16, 16:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So did I.  I can see all the Reply buttons etc and it lets me create the post, but when I hit submit it pops up one of those grown-up looking login boxes, you know the sort you get when you are an admin of a windows server?

mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2009 May 16, 17:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.. no idea then.  I just went and created a test post in general discussion to see if I actually could and it let me.  I do get the 'grownup' login box if I try to access any of the rest of the site though.

Perhaps they've marked you out as a troublemaker already Inge and banned you from posting Wink

wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2009 May 16, 20:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posts at the site indicate if you change the initial letter of each field in the URL, i.e. /exchange to /Exchage, you can view pages without having an authorization (copy shortcut, open new tab, paste in address bar and edit).

I was unable to actually download any files, although there appear to be 18 Sims already uploaded.

<* Wes *>
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2009 May 16, 21:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So did I.  I can see all the Reply buttons etc and it lets me create the post, but when I hit submit it pops up one of those grown-up looking login boxes, you know the sort you get when you are an admin of a windows server?

me too.

May all your fears & worries come true.
Peggy_Leggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 2009 May 16, 21:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to use thwe "quick Reply" to reply. The other method doesn't work.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 2009 May 16, 22:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying to quote and reply to a post, maybe that is why it wasn't working?  What's the point of having lots of shiny buttons that don't work? Undecided

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: 2009 May 16, 22:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did.  But now Quick Reply isn't even appearing for me.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 2009 May 16, 22:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You broke it Inge!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2009 May 17, 00:31:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone come across this?  I saved it in case they decided to make it go poof.

Anyone check out the clothing section?  There is some REALLY ugly crap in there already.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 2009 May 17, 01:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The page ends in /materials, not /patterns. The clothes are awful, but I'm sure everything was just slapped together to test the upload/download mechanism. What disturbs me more is the fuzziness of the previews.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2009 May 17, 01:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes.
This 404 page was what I wanted to post about on that distinguished forum. Then I noticed that the so called moderators, were posting stickies of gibberish.  I tried to flag them inappropriate, but when you do that you have to tell why, and spam/nonsense was not an option. 

Chloe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2009 May 17, 02:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, I can't see any of the topics in the Forum.  I can see the member lists and it SAYS there's topics there, but they aren't showing up for me.
MissQ
Blathering Buffoon

More Unco Than You!

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2009 May 17, 06:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's interesting to know mildlydisguised, because I found SimSocial interesting. Might go look up Kudos.

[Edit to correct reply - totally brain dead.]

Menchii
Asinine Airhead

Standing Kitteh!!

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 2009 May 17, 07:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PCGamer must have got an advanced copy of the Sims 3.  To my surprise the July 2009 issue which came already had a review of The Sims 3.  So I scanned it.  You can get the article in PDF or a RAR of JPGs.  Pick your flavor.  I hope I didn't waste my time scanning and editing this article.  Tell me your reactions. 

PDF
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6G5HKPVJ

RAR of JPGs
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ARSS0KQ7

If mirrors are needed tell me where to upload it.

And, you know, rude, mean people want a place to call home, too. There are plenty of sugary nice places already. This ain't one of them.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #546 on: 2009 May 17, 08:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those "fake tech support questions", why are people saying they have been made up by moderators?  Looked like normal users who just happened to stumble upon the forums like us.

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 2009 May 17, 08:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PCGamer must have got an advanced copy of the Sims 3.  To my surprise the July 2009 issue which came already had a review of The Sims 3.  So I scanned it.  You can get the article in PDF or a RAR of JPGs.  Pick your flavor.  I hope I didn't waste my time scanning and editing this article.  Tell me your reactions. 

PDF
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6G5HKPVJ

RAR of JPGs
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ARSS0KQ7

If mirrors are needed tell me where to upload it.

Nice little read, it had some good info.  I'm definitely curious to see what the other careers will require you to do to get promoted.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 2009 May 17, 10:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like the new TS3 forum is based on phpBB. I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 2009 May 17, 12:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for scanning the article.  The careers do sound much better than TS2.  And gaining a new interaction as a career reward is an interesting spin on the TS2 skill objects.

I had a feeling the path finding would still be an issue.  I wonder if that is why they chose to have most of the community lots as rabbit holes.

Also there is news on the first EP from the brazillian hands on event

O Sim BR is currently attending the Sims 3 Brazilian Fanday event, and they've just received word of a tidbit on the first Sims 3 expansion!  They spoke to the manager of Marketing for EA and were told that it will have something to do with job occupations and work!

Quote from Sim Programs

I really hope it includes OFB type features.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: