More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:46:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 L&P
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 L&P  (Read 305988 times)
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
Re: TS3 L&P
« Reply #500 on: 2009 May 12, 05:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot imagine EA giving up the Sims... it's a huge money-maker for them.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2009 May 12, 13:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot imagine EA giving up the Sims... it's a huge money-maker for them.

Yeah, I agree. My brother says that they have a good thing going because they can keep selling us pretty much the same game over and over again and keep making money off us. He doesn't play the Sims, obviously. But in a way, he's right. I don't think any other game has had as many EPs as the sims games. I know I've spent at least $500 just on TS1 and TS2 with the expansions and everything. The only TS2 EP I didn't buy was Apartment Life.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2009 May 12, 15:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I've spent at least $500 just on TS1 and TS2 with the expansions and everything. The only TS2 EP I didn't buy was Apartment Life.

You're an example to us all.  Tongue

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2009 May 12, 15:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
T-man
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2009 May 12, 23:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thing is that EA isn't Maxis. They'll do the Sims only when money comes POURING with money. When profits nose-dive, like when all non12's say GTFO, they'll drop it like a hot potato. Once the Money Cow stops making cash, they'll cut her up and sell the meat. (Then someone can do it right.)
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2009 May 12, 23:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thing is that EA isn't Maxis. They'll do the Sims only when money comes POURING with money. When profits nose-dive, like when all non12's say GTFO, they'll drop it like a hot potato. Once the Money Cow stops making cash, they'll cut her up and sell the meat. (Then someone can do it right.)
Oh, please. Like Maxis didn't? They are just as much a corrupt corporate enterprise as any other, and Will Wright is no better than any other businessman who cares more for profit than about customers. BLS, Maxis-fanboys.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2009 May 13, 01:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least when Maxis was a separate company, they had pride in their workmanship. Will, and the other long lasting Maxis employees have been corrupted be EA's "The money is always right" view on things.
If someone could go back in time, and make it so they did SC3000 right the first time, giving them time to finish The Sims, they probably still would. Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2009 May 13, 10:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just goes to show you that everyone has their price. Will Wright's was higher than most, but he still had one. Obviously he didn't care about his "workmanship" all that much, if truth be told. Otherwise he would have stopped the eternal whoring of the series a loooong time ago.
Once a corporate tool, always a tool. Money talks and bullshit walks.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Celestard
Racist Stalker
Retardo Lander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #508 on: 2009 May 13, 12:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What people don't realize is that gaming was not Will Wright's dream job.  He stumbled upon it by accident.  It was just a side thing to earn a living.  Will has other things he is/was more interested in as a career, but couldn't make a living doing those things, at least not right away, if ever.  Will Wright is first and foremost an intellectual and an inventor.   Inventing, robotics, and physics, I believe, is what he loves most, and secondarily, he is interested in astronomy and evolutionary theory.  He has dabbled in ideas and research regarding space exploration with telescopes and extraterrestrial life.   Some day we may see him author some books in these areas.  He might have become a college professor in earth science, physics, or astronomy possibly if all else had failed.   More recently, he has stated his goals to be starting up new businesses and selling them (probably to EA).  Yes, the allure of money has altered the course of his life, I believe.  EA paid him $120 million plus royalties for Maxis.  How many of you can honestly say you would have turned that offer down? And now, of course, EA has pretty much persuaded him to sell out the Stupid Fun Club to them. 
« Last Edit: 2009 May 13, 12:20:29 by Celestard » Logged

Proof MATY schticks are a LIE!
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
It doesn't have to be TRUE to be funny. All we need is to take some minor thing you said, blow it up out of context, multiply by over 9000, and voila, you have a schtick. Sims are all about caricature, after all.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2009 May 13, 13:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If someone could go back in time, and make it so they did SC3000 right the first time, giving them time to finish The Sims, they probably still would. Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen.

Things that happen, stay happened.

Also, I am happy to receive any spare $120 millions that people may have lying around.  I won't even sell out a game franchise.  Win-Win.

Tribulatio proxima est
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2009 May 14, 09:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I am happy to receive any spare $120 millions that people may have lying around.  I won't even sell out a game franchise.  Win-Win.

Hey! I have this Nigerian mate...

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: 2009 May 14, 09:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get him/her to send you pictures of them with shoes on their head.

mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2009 May 14, 13:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They really want to sell this game.....this is part of an article taken from NY Times dated 5/13/09 full article here

"Electronic Arts executives wanted the marketing campaign to showcase the new features of The Sims 3, and to get people who might not play the game to understand what it was about.

The focus of the marketing is online, and beginning Friday, Electronic Arts will begin offering three ways for consumers to play with Sims characters on the Web.

There will be a free trial available at Sims3.com and at the Sims 3 fan page on Facebook, meant for people who have never played the game before.

Another option, called SimFriend, lets visitors to the Web site pick a Sim pen pal from among 120 characters, and that pen pal will send e-mail messages. For example, a Sim might send a message asking what type of dinner she should cook for her boyfriend, and the fan picks from options like "Cook an elegant meal." The e-mail chain would continue, tailored to the Sim's personality and skills.

"If the Sim happens to be a kleptomaniac chef, the response you get back might be, ‘Thanks, I went and stole food today,' when what you're expecting is ‘Thanks, I just had lunch,' " said John Buchanan, senior director of worldwide marketing for the Sims line at Electronic Arts.

The third option is called SimSidekick. A fans chooses from 6 characters on the Web site, and an image of the character that is chosen floats on top of the browser as the fan moves around the Web.

The character has site-specific responses to sites that Electronic Arts has chosen, like MTV.com, YouTube, and Twitter. On Twitter, for instance, where the mascot is a bird, a flock of bluebirds descends on the character, and, depending on its personality, the character will jump, wave his or her hands, or respond in some other way."

...not sure I would want a sim emailing me all day.

It will be interesting to see how many flock to the Sims 3 site on Friday.

MissQ
Blathering Buffoon

More Unco Than You!

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2009 May 14, 13:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do want the little plumbbob drive, but it'll be a cold day in hell before I pay $99 AUD for it.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2009 May 14, 15:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There will be a free trial available at Sims3.com and at the Sims 3 fan page on Facebook, meant for people who have never played the game before.

I find this particularly interesting, and potentially a smart move, if the thing doesn't suck (thoughI strongly suspect it will). However, I'd be interested in knowing just how much spyware crap comes along with this "free trial" before I'd try to download it. Interesting.

I sing along with elevator music.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2009 May 14, 16:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do want the little plumbbob drive, but it'll be a cold day in hell before I pay $99 AUD for it.
As far as I know, it's only a 1GB drive, which goes for around $5 here. So, $10AUD? Rip-off.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2009 May 14, 17:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, it's only a 1GB drive, which goes for around $5 here. So, $10AUD? Rip-off.

It's 2GB actually. I'm not sure what I'll put on mine, but it will look cute attached to my purse.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2009 May 14, 18:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another option, called SimFriend, lets visitors to the Web site pick a Sim pen pal from among 120 characters, and that pen pal will send e-mail messages.

"Hi Emma, mind if I give your number to my friend Goopy?"

The third option is called SimSidekick. A fans chooses from 6 characters on the Web site, and an image of the character that is chosen floats on top of the browser as the fan moves around the Web.

Say hello to SimClippy Tongue.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2009 May 14, 19:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another option, called SimFriend, lets visitors to the Web site pick a Sim pen pal from among 120 characters, and that pen pal will send e-mail messages.

HA HA, doo eet.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #519 on: 2009 May 15, 13:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The more I see player reviews, the more curious I get about the damn thing.

I also think the plumbob drive is adorable. Tongue But $60 is insane.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2009 May 15, 14:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The more I see player reviews, the more curious I get about the damn thing.

Sucker.

Side note: Sony profits are down Smiley (HELLO! Can you say 'Securom'? I won't buy anything Sony. Appears others feel the same way.)

Sony. Bony.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #521 on: 2009 May 15, 17:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curiosity doesn't necessarily lead to moar $$ for eaxis. ;p
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2009 May 15, 17:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The trial version, SimSocial, is almost identical to the game Kudos and after playing two weeks, you then have to wait four hours before you can continue.  It is a browser based game though so no spyware although you do need to log into EA in order to play.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: 2009 May 15, 20:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HA HA, doo eet.

Don't, that's creepy. Shocked

MissQ
Blathering Buffoon

More Unco Than You!

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2009 May 16, 10:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's interesting to know Kutto, because I found SimSocial interesting. Might go look up Kudos.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: