More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:13:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 L&P
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 L&P  (Read 305853 times)
Knukleur
Blathering Buffoon

See Rock City

View Profile
Re: TS3 L&P
« Reply #475 on: 2009 May 01, 16:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its "Online Feature Set"

Official L&P: http://www.thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/newsItem.jsp?item=999736531

Screen grab of launcher from Kotaku:  http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/04/simslauncher.jpg

« Last Edit: 2009 May 01, 17:37:35 by Knukleur » Logged

"I'm not animated to do that." - Brak
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2009 May 01, 16:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad they're not remaking TS2. I prefer they try something new, even if it is the pits. Would you rather they keep cranking out EPs (and creatures ><) or ShitPacks? Time to move on, I say.
Are you kidding? This is practically The Sims 2: Retard Edition. The same game, but with crappified graphics, gameplay and broken new features. It's pretty obvious that they've just injected their "new" code into the TS2 engine and trashed it.

Bah, I will defend this. I am looking forward to TS3. It's a game, so I'm gonna play it. Probably won't leave TS2 behind as I did TS1 though.

I mean, if someone offered me a free grape lollypop in addition to the strawberry one I was already enjoying, I would take it. Why not?

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2009 May 01, 18:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a game where they've rescinded the requirement of being 'online' to play, they're sure pushing the online 'features' down our throats.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2009 May 01, 19:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone read this? http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-store-faq-april-2009/

There are some things that bother me about it. Like it says if you download anything from the Sims 3 Store (which includes the free second neighborhood) it says after you download them, they'll show on the launcher and you click to install them to the game. But what about people who bypass the launcher? I don't use it in TS2 so I'm certainly not planning on using it for TS3. It's also sounding like we'll have to use the EA Downloader, but doesn't it install SecuROM? I just hope it will be easy to grab the stuff from the Sims 3 Store because everyone gets $10 in simpoints for buying the game (yes, I pre-ordered the C.E. because I want the plumbob USB drive) so if it's possible to share the items as it is from TS2, then I'd be happy to share anything I get. That is if EA Downloader doesn't install SecuROM.

I found this question interesting:

Q: Is there copy protection on the disc?

A: Yes, we have the same level of copy protection on disc as what shipped with the original The Sims 2 base game.

So that means they're going back to SafeDisc, then, right? I'll still wait for the No CD crack just because I don't really trust EA anymore, and since I've gotten used to the convenience of not having to keep the disc in the drive all the time. But what's strange, is they don't answer when asked about what type of protection is used on the digital copy.  
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2009 May 01, 19:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Q: Is there copy protection on the disc?

A: Yes, we have the same level of copy protection on disc as what shipped with the original The Sims 2 base game.

So that means they're going back to SafeDisc, then, right?

No, it probably means neither more nor less than EA has some professional communications people working for them and that this one line probably took 2 days to write and 3 weeks to get approved.  It says the "same level" not the same brand, make, type.  It could therefore mean anything, but the use of "base game" is clearly meant to be reassuring.

Tribulatio proxima est
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2009 May 01, 19:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I guess I'm right in not trusting them. They keep throwing out the phrase "simple disc check" when talking about the DRM with TS3. Somehow I don't think it will be simple.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 2009 May 01, 23:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Say hello to ROMsecur.
"It's totally different, we swear!"
It is safe and won't harm your computer.

Also, they will totally tap you on the head in time before they finish. Aw, come on, baby. Trust them!

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2009 May 09, 03:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone taken a good look at the TS3 intro they have out now for .99 US dollars?  I am just curious.  Saw it the other day and actually laughed out loud.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2009 May 09, 04:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're selling a not-even-demo for a buck? And I thought the sleazy promo they are planning on LJ was low...

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2009 May 09, 04:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing EA does surprises me anymore.

There's no point to me looking forward to TS3, since my computer can't handle it anyway.  But nothing about it strikes me as anything I'd want in the first place.  Even before I started doing challenges, I made stories for my neighborhoods, and it doesn't seem like storytelling is going to be possible in TS3, or at least not until the modders get their hands on it.  At the very least, we need the ability to clone born-in-game Sims, be able to turn off aging on a lot-specific level, have more than one neighborhood, and be able to force reactions and animations.  None of that seems particularly likely any time soon.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2009 May 09, 04:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're selling a not-even-demo for a buck? And I thought the sleazy promo they are planning on LJ was low...
What is this "liveurinal promotion" that all the Urinators are up in arms over? Who cares? Meh.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2009 May 09, 05:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Say hello to ROMsecur.
"It's totally different, we swear!"
It is safe and won't harm your computer.

Also, they will totally tap you on the head in time before they finish. Aw, come on, baby. Trust them!

The check is in the mail. For realz, this time.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2009 May 09, 05:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, SixApart is trying to turn the community mods into whores, making them post 10 promos for the game for a free premium account and two games. Their vetting has been shoddy, too, because the rep they sent to contact everyone couldn't get her story straight. It's just dumb and the ploy will do nothing more than piss off those who were slightly against getting TS3 more. See, marketing tends to be more effective when you research beforehand and actually observe how your target market reacts to stimuli.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2009 May 09, 05:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And are they going to GIVE them the game so they can post promos of it? That would make sense. I'm not sure how they intend to have anyone promote the game if they're not actually going to give them the game to promote.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2009 May 09, 09:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are giving each of the LJ communities that gets involved 2 games - so 20 games in total.

Their choice of communities to offer to was slightly insane though - some of them had been dead for several months, and a lot of them only had a few members.   Plus Simsecret got an offer.  WTF?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2009 May 09, 17:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, total marketing fail. It's yet another example of how SixApart and EA do business...stabbing about in the dark, when a perfectly good light switch is right next to their hand.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2009 May 09, 18:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a game where they've rescinded the requirement of being 'online' to play, they're sure pushing the online 'features' down our throats.

Online "features" are EA's latest anti-piracy and anti-second-hand-games strategy.  If you can only do things online, and if you are required to register to go online, then pirates etc. are thwarted.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
gyrobot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2009 May 09, 18:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed, it is essentially the perfect anti pirate technique.
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2009 May 09, 18:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That doesn't work with MMOs, it doesn't work with Steam, it's not going to work for TS3.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2009 May 09, 20:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It most certainly didn't work with Spore, as I was able to get anything I wanted from the website without having crap automatically downloaded.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2009 May 09, 20:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No elf ears?

WHAT THE SHIT, NOOO. It's like they really are moving backwards in terms of playability and innovation.

I thought strange_tomato said something about being able to make elf ears with less hassle. I could be mistaken.

ETA: http://tinyurl.com/ogxxcc
No, whoops, I was wrong. It does look like we'll have more control over the ears, though.

It's not SUPPOSED to be happening, but it apparently is anyway!
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2009 May 09, 21:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure they'll sell elf ears as a $10 add-on in the TS3 Store (only available to North Americans).
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2009 May 10, 18:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure they'll sell elf ears as a $10 add-on in the TS3 Store (only available to North Americans).

LMAO. Along with nearly all of the items we see in the previews that will not be included in the final game.

It's not SUPPOSED to be happening, but it apparently is anyway!
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2009 May 11, 10:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how strong the copy protection will be on the online download version.  I'm sure people would chip in $5 or $10 each if the downloaded one can be shared.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
T-man
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2009 May 12, 03:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how strong the copy protection will be on the online download version.  I'm sure people would chip in $5 or $10 each if the downloaded one can be shared.
The problem is that EA thinks Sharing = "OMG PIRACY LOL NO NO BAD SHEEP DRM FTW" or some other retarded way that they're losing their monies. Personally, I think that the only sales will be pirates, and sheep. At least EA might let The Sims go and let Maxis or someone else do Sims 3 II: It's not horrible this time.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: