More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:35:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 L&P
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 L&P  (Read 305963 times)
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
Re: TS3 L&P
« Reply #450 on: 2009 April 09, 18:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm constantly trying to zoom to characters or change the angles or zoom into things I want to look at in those damn videos. LOL

Isn't this out already? GOD! Tongue I don't want to wait another month and a half to find out if it's worth it or not. Tongue
MeanCaffeineMachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2009 April 09, 19:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What drives me bonkers about those designer walkthroughs, is when you hear a Sim in the background do the "YooHoo" yell, because their path is blocked.  For the life of me, i can't fathom ANYONE purposely putting up with a completely Vanilla game for any length of time, without going insane.

SERIOUSLY. That bothers me too. Why the hell don't they, I don't know, PLAN AHEAD and make sure they're showing off the best of the game? Make a lot as failsafe as possible before inviting a bunch of Sims players/experts in to look? Tongue

Isn't this out already? GOD! Tongue I don't want to wait another month and a half to find out if it's worth it or not. Tongue

That's really what's irritating and probably grating on most of our nerves. The WAITING. I mean, I don't really care if it's good or not--after all, it's not like I can't always plays TS2--but I want to -know-. The not knowing is aggravating. ><

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2009 April 09, 19:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I expect it to suck. About 1/3 of the information that has been provided has fallen under Do No Want for me, thoroughly enough that it cancels out any of the rather innovative features I'd like (personality types, seamless 'hood, goals). Plus, I keep finding bits of cc that I somehow missed before. My latest was basically everything by Criquette. I spent last night creating a terrain, screwing around with it with the new(er) 'hood elevation cheats, and designing a city scape. Night before was spent tweaking Darlington Shores to give the terrain a more finished feel. I still have things to do with TS2.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Grugly
Blathering Buffoon

xyzzy

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2009 April 09, 19:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SERIOUSLY. That bothers me too. Why the hell don't they, I don't know, PLAN AHEAD and make sure they're showing off the best of the game? Make a lot as failsafe as possible before inviting a bunch of Sims players/experts in to look? Tongue

Pretty sure the issue is that developer videos represent the only time the developers have played the game. Perhaps they imagine the yoohooing is a feature someone else implemented for reasons that escape them.
You can't tell me someone playtested FreeTime for more than five minutes and called it release-worthy. It wouldn't have gone gold the way it did if someone had actually played the release candidate.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.
MeanCaffeineMachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2009 April 09, 22:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty sure the issue is that developer videos represent the only time the developers have played the game. Perhaps they imagine the yoohooing is a feature someone else implemented for reasons that escape them.

Emphasis mine. Again with these "features." Hahahaha. Unforunately, I think you're right, Grugly. I feel like Eaxis is sort of bumbling along, which makes me nervous. I've had quite a bit of faith in them, but it is dwindling, especially seeing how poorly they've gone about advertising, marketing, and previewing TS3. : /

I expect it to suck. About 1/3 of the information that has been provided has fallen under Do No Want for me, thoroughly enough that it cancels out any of the rather innovative features I'd like (personality types, seamless 'hood, goals). Plus, I keep finding bits of cc that I somehow missed before. My latest was basically everything by Criquette. I spent last night creating a terrain, screwing around with it with the new(er) 'hood elevation cheats, and designing a city scape. Night before was spent tweaking Darlington Shores to give the terrain a more finished feel. I still have things to do with TS2.

-snip-

Although I'm psyched about TS3, I totally know where you're coming from, Zazazu. There is still SO much to do with TS2 and there is a seemingly endless amount of CC to devour. Bahahaha. Does Criquette have his/her own site? Or is it on a bigger site? *curious curious*

PS, I'm lovin' the work you've done pm Darlington Shores. I'm working on a clean neighborhood myself, and I can only imagine reaching the point you have. xD Hahaha.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2009 April 09, 23:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Criquette is on MTS2. I had her ferry set before and just checked for other stuff on a lark. Loads of 'hood deco.

DS is good, though I'm hitting that frustrating point where there are a lot of households (16) but the 'hood still has a lot of white space. End of this round, I'll be at 19 households and then beginning of next round hits a Monday at the mayor's house, which means I might get more households added.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2009 April 11, 11:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to push this off topic, but is there any machine out there that would handle Criquette's giant cruise ship? I am not sure if my 4GB system could handle it, and I don't want to find out the hard way.

Anyways, I am very dissapointed by many things I've seen so far.

The Graphics:

- The shine of those so called "sims" eyes creep me out! If they reduced the reflectiveness by about half, it would look realistic, but right now they look like mirrors.

- It seems they greatly softened the facial features in the game, giving them a dough like look. They say "Is moor relistic!!111!11One!!1" but it's not! In real life, people's faces are very defined. Maybe not as much as the townies in The Sims 2, but not as little as these creeps!

- Damn Bloom!! Why do modern games need this non-existent, fake, distracting shine! I will admit, I've seen worse cases than TS3, but it shouldn't be there at all! It isn't realistic! It's "eye candy," and it's ugly!

-The face texture quality seems actually reduced from The Sims 2.

- Why would anyone want to give their sims the eyebrows I've seen! It ruins the character's whole face (If it wasn't already ruined).
Especially the toddlers!

The "Features":

- One thing that sickens me, is that they are reselling the wants and fears system under a different name! They are calling them "wishes." They are even reselling aspiration rewards as "wish rewards." Who does EA think they're fooling? Nevermind. They are fooling the sheep pretty well.

- The idea to make a seamless neighborhood sounds good, but the things it means about gameplay are frustrating at the least. Some may think this will make house rotation a thing of the past, but as said in this discussion, if you don't rotate a sim of yours may marry her uncle!

- I want personality points back! When I first heard about traits, it sounded good. But later when I learned they were replacing personality points, that angered me! I figured traits would be further customization of your sims, but I don't think they alone could define a sim's personality adequately.

-I can't believe they removed the comfort and environment needs! I actually wanted more needs! What I personally wanted were water, and certain vitamin needs. The vitamin needs (Vitamin C, Protein, Vitamin B, and Calcium) would be very slow at decay, but would provide interesting failure states. But no! Instead of adding challenge to the game, they took away challenge in the form of taking away the need for aesthetics, and the need to sit down once and a while. You know, like normal people!

There is so much Do Not Want in TS3, that it is crazy that they would even release it under this kind of economic stress. The smart people in the fan base won't buy it at all, and the sheepies mommys and daddys won't be able to shell out the cash.

R.I.P The Sims Franchise
« Last Edit: 2009 April 11, 23:56:41 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
MeanCaffeineMachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2009 April 24, 08:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- It seems they greatly softened the facial features in the game, giving them a dough like look. They say "Is moor relistic!!111!11One!!1" but it's not! In real life, people's faces are very defined. Maybe not as much as the townies in The Sims 2, but not as little as these creeps!

- Damn Bloom!! Why do modern games need this non-existent, fake, distracting shine! I will admit, I've seen worse cases than TS3, but it shouldn't be there at all! It isn't realistic! It's "eye candy," and it's ugly!

-The face texture quality seems actually reduced from The Sims 2.

I agree that most of the CASims in the preview have that "doughy" look, but I feel like that's because of EAxis's aesthetic tastes. I think the program is capable of shit that doesn't look so... shitty. I also hate the "eye candy" sparklies. It's unnecessary!

Do you actually play TS2 with EAxis skins? It's easy to forget what EAxis's actual content looks like, what with the plethora of CC available. Not that I totally disagree that the quality of the texture is lower... I just think that with some customization--even just a step away from EAxis's  premades--may lure some of you back to TS3. If only for a better look.

- I want personality points back! When I first heard about traits, it sounded good. But later when I learned they were replacing personality points, that angered me! I figured traits would be further customization of your sims, but I don't think they alone could define a sim's personality adequately.

I didn't really consider the fact that personality points are absent... I'm fond of the traits, personally, but when you mention the lack of direct personality, it is a little unsettling... I think it will take some playing with, but I imagine you can pin a personality pretty well with a series of traits. Besides, I personally prefer to have "gourmand" or "excitable" Sims over "nice" and "neat" Sims. I think it follows their advancement from TS1. In TS1, we have the clean Sims and the food Sims, etc, now we have the nice/mean, serious/playful, and the next natural step would be something more intricate, wouldn't you think?

Then again, I'm the type of Sims player who likes to find out what her SIMS want, and follow that, hahaha. I like them to have their own desires and tendencies, so the traits are really a plus for my kind of Simming.

-I can't believe they removed the comfort and environment needs! I actually wanted more needs! What I personally wanted were water, and certain vitamin needs. The vitamin needs (Vitamin C, Protein, Vitamin B, and Calcium) would be very slow at decay, but would provide interesting failure states. But no! Instead of adding challenge to the game, they took away challenge in the form of taking away the need for aesthetics, and the need to sit down once and a while. You know, like normal people!

That's a super interesting idea, Parrot. I hadn't ever thought of that. And it is bullshit that they took out Comfort and Environment. Why? Surely they'll replace them with something else... right? ....Right? D: Bah.

Does anyone else actually look at the L&P TS3 website sends them sporadically? I went and watched the new videos. You can go see Parsimonious Kate talk about primary color skintones. Yippee. Tongue The video that showcases the landscaping/building aspect (4th video) looks very shiny, and I can only keep my fingers crossed that it will come true.

It appears that there's WIND rustling through the trees and bushes?? WHAT IS THIS?! Surely, surely L&P.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2009 April 24, 08:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually support the removal of the comfort and environment "motives". The comfort motive is, frankly, REALLY BORING TO WATCH and pretty much a non-motive anyway, since filling it as a dedicated action amounts to the sim sitting there and doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, and frankly, a "sit there stupidly and do nothing" loop kinda hampers the AI. Environment? Also a non-motive. For one, giving all sims a unified environmental preference, often one contrary to what the player would like to see, forces bizarre and artificial decorating choices and frankly, adds nothing to the game, as a sim is not really empowered to change the "environment", and therefore it fails to actually effectively motivate a sim to do anything other than whine. A slimdown of the number of motives on a sim is pretty much a necessity when you consider that the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD is out there peeing its pants all at the same time, no matter which fambly you play.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #459 on: 2009 April 24, 12:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD is out there peeing its pants all at the same time

I await the great flood. Wouldn't that be lulzy?
MeanCaffeineMachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2009 April 24, 13:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually support the removal of the comfort and environment "motives". The comfort motive is, frankly, REALLY BORING TO WATCH and pretty much a non-motive anyway, since filling it as a dedicated action amounts to the sim sitting there and doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, and frankly, a "sit there stupidly and do nothing" loop kinda hampers the AI. Environment? Also a non-motive. For one, giving all sims a unified environmental preference, often one contrary to what the player would like to see, forces bizarre and artificial decorating choices and frankly, adds nothing to the game, as a sim is not really empowered to change the "environment", and therefore it fails to actually effectively motivate a sim to do anything other than whine. A slimdown of the number of motives on a sim is pretty much a necessity when you consider that the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD is out there peeing its pants all at the same time, no matter which fambly you play.

Good point.

Oh God. xD Not only will the entire neighborhood be peeing their pants simultaneously, but then there will be a mass exodus to all sinks, showers, and other hygiene-restoring items EVERYWHERE. And God knows the amount of 'Yoohoo!'ing going on as townies attempt to complain about their needs. Or the great smog of green stink that will consume the seamless neighborhood. Yuck. Tongue
XplodingNoggin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2009 April 24, 17:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my favourite things is how they've didn't use their time to add neighbourhood editing that was in TS2 and instead added a whole layer of shit over ghost resurrecting and ghost babies. Whoop-de-doo.
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2009 April 24, 20:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the way they seem to make things easier with every EP. It literally takes effort to get your sims into failure states or death. I haven't played a "normal" game in ages--it's always challenges.

When you can keep a sim alive on an empty lot; when your sim goes an entire lifetime without eating, sleeping, bathing, or peeing; when you can earn a million in a day, you know the game's gotten too easy...

Officially Weird
eblair
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2009 April 25, 22:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate how they dumbed down the Sims 3. I was actually looking forward it, but there are aspects of the game that are a DO NOT WANT, like the whole "just one neighborhood." It reminds me of a weird version of MySims.  UGH!

I agree that they shouldn't got rid of the horoscope points system.  I really loved the horoscope personalities of Sims 1 and Sims 2.I think it would go perfectly with the new traits system.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2009 April 26, 01:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"As for a plastic surgeon - no, we do not have one in the game. Your Sims resemble their parents or what you made them as. You can change a Sim's hair and clothing, but skin and facial features never changes." Source: Eurogamer

Now this really worries me. I like being able to improve the fuglies.
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2009 April 26, 03:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We didn't get the cosmetic surgery gizmo in the base game in TS2, either.

Officially Weird
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2009 April 26, 07:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Truth be told. I never used the plastic surgery machine (Forgotten the name) so it's a moot point for me.

Getting rid of the personality traits is like getting rid of a core part of the game and replacing it with a dumb ed down version that only retards made.
Sorry but it's a huge fuck no for me.

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
MeanCaffeineMachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2009 April 26, 10:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neither did I, Giggy.

Well, on TS3 website, they now have an animated banner that is reminiscent of TS2 website with moar propaganda.

...I feel like such an outcast, but... I kind of -like- what TS3 might be. ;_; *fail* I know there will be plenty to bitch about, but I think it will be INTERESTING, at the very least, to see what they try to do with the game. I'm glad they're not remaking TS2. I prefer they try something new, even if it is the pits. Would you rather they keep cranking out EPs (and creatures ><) or ShitPacks? Time to move on, I say.

I think the age of the original TS2 graphics is beginning to show, too. I looked at some TS1 screenshots today, and I was shocked! I'm completely used to TS2 graphics, and looking at what appears to be screenshots from TS3, even though obviously L&P, I'm... kind of excited? Then again, I've been playing TS2 on low graphics for a while. Speaking of, does anyone know how to fix troubles with low computer resolutions when using televisions as monitors?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2009 April 26, 11:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the age of the original TS2 graphics is beginning to show, too. I looked at some TS1 screenshots today, and I was shocked! I'm completely used to TS2 graphics, and looking at what appears to be screenshots from TS3, even though obviously L&P, I'm... kind of excited? Then again, I've been playing TS2 on low graphics for a while. Speaking of, does anyone know how to fix troubles with low computer resolutions when using televisions as monitors?
If you're playing TS2 on low graphics, TS3 will also look like crap. As for fixing low resolutions when using TVs as monitors, you simply can't. TVs are shitty monitors and are not capable of high resolutions, being unable to even reach 640x480. You simply should not attempt to use a TV as a monitor, TVs are completely inferior to monitors.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2009 April 26, 11:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad they're not remaking TS2. I prefer they try something new, even if it is the pits. Would you rather they keep cranking out EPs (and creatures ><) or ShitPacks? Time to move on, I say.
Are you kidding? This is practically The Sims 2: Retard Edition. The same game, but with crappified graphics, gameplay and broken new features. It's pretty obvious that they've just injected their "new" code into the TS2 engine and trashed it.

If you're playing TS2 on low graphics, TS3 will also look like crap. As for fixing low resolutions when using TVs as monitors, you simply can't. TVs are shitty monitors and are not capable of high resolutions, being unable to even reach 640x480. You simply should not attempt to use a TV as a monitor, TVs are completely inferior to monitors.
They're not even meant to be used as monitors. The VGA port really only exists for compatibility with things such Home Theatre PCs.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2009 April 26, 17:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't used a tv as a monitor since I used a Commodore 64. Monitors are cheap. Get ye one.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2009 April 26, 18:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't used a tv as a monitor since I used a Commodore 64. Monitors are cheap. Get ye one.

I loved Commodore 64.  I played on that and a VIC 20.  I learned BASIC programming by playing on them and reading the manual as a 6 and 12.

May all your fears & worries come true.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2009 April 26, 18:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you kidding? This is practically The Sims 2: Retard Edition. The same game, but with crappified graphics, gameplay and broken new features. It's pretty obvious that they've just injected their "new" code into the TS2 engine and trashed it.
I'd have to say that this is not true. Based on what I've seen, the one thing they DID trash was the engine.

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2009 April 26, 19:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My brother's using a TV as a monitor, but it's a 27" LCD HDTV so it works fine. He has a monitor, but he's been using my other brother's TV instead while he's been in Afghanistan. It's kind of huge as a monitor, though.
MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2009 April 26, 23:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using computer monitors as TV screens is great, though. Cheaper, too.

Lots of cables, admittedly, but the resolution is far better.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: