More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:03:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 L&P
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 L&P  (Read 305848 times)
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: TS3 L&P
« Reply #400 on: 2009 February 15, 20:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's that pink building in the background too. It seems like there is a balcony because of the fence, but at that angle there's no bottom visible. So now we're back to no ceilings?  Roll Eyes

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
kaitco
Corpulent Cretin

ESTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: 2009 February 15, 21:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So now we're back to no ceilings?  Roll Eyes

You mean you were expecting a step forward with a sequel? Now, that is just silly.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2009 February 15, 21:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you want to know what else Liz? The lounge chairs, or whatever they're called have the same mesh as in The Sims 2.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2009 February 15, 21:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So now we're back to no ceilings?  Roll Eyes

You mean you were expecting a step forward with a sequel? Now, that is just silly.

If they put everything in the base game then there is no reason to make expansion packs.  And expansion packs = more $$ from the same people.

May all your fears & worries come true.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2009 February 15, 23:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't even recognize stuff that is from TS2 in TS3 (I didn't realize anything in that pic was the same as TS2) since I rarely use any non custom objects or clothes. I'm just wondering how old that screen is. It looks to be an early version of the game, but if it's not and that's what the game will look like even for people with high end computers, then I'm not impressed. Guild Wars looks better than that and that game has been out several years now. My brother plays it, btw. The only thing I can see in that pic that looks improved over TS2 is the feet. They actually have toes.
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2009 February 16, 02:57:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The textures in the best screenshots show there to be more texture detail than was in TS2; that follows expectations, because the minimum graphics adapter specs are much higher than in TS2.

Of course, my thoughts do not follow the theme of this thread, which has degenerated into the blind leading the merely unknowing in a P&L tournament.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2009 February 16, 08:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I'm concerned, more texture detail is hardly reason enough to abandon custom 'hoods, to be required to keep neighbourhood buildings we DNW, to be saddled with a whole new throng of squish-faced townies... all in all, to surrender a great deal of the creative control we've come to enjoy. Who wants freedom to play the way we like when we can have individual toes?!

The again, I'm apparently blind and unknowing. Since you're so much wiser than the rest of us, maybe you'd care to enlighten us ignorant slobs as to what the theme of this thread should be?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2009 February 16, 09:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, my thoughts do not follow the theme of this thread, which has degenerated into the blind leading the merely unknowing in a P&L tournament.
Yes, but a P&L tournament is mild compared to the truth that's out there. Let them have their P&L: The horrified screams can wait for a few months.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2009 February 16, 10:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I can see in that pic that looks improved over TS2 is the feet. They actually have toes.

Six of them on each foot, by my count.

Fail.
MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2009 February 16, 13:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: J. M. Pescado
:Yes, but a P&L tournament is mild compared to the truth that's out there. Let them have their P&L: The horrified screams can wait for a few months.

Oh, I can hear them now: "my game broked...I can't play this. Halpz!"
We will be inundated with 12's seeking the impossible for the unplayable made by the idiots who believe that they can pull the wool over the sheeple's eyes forever. Sadly, they're right. MATY will be the bastion of sanity if all goes well-or wrong as we know it will.

This is mild compared to what we'll be seeing in June.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
mrowcat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2009 February 16, 13:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I can see in that pic that looks improved over TS2 is the feet. They actually have toes.

I don't see individual toes, at least not on the girl in the lounge chair. The bottoms of her feet look like flippers. I'm of the opinion that they paid attention to what they were doing when drawing the toe lines on the top of the foot.
zceepy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2009 February 16, 14:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see individual toes, at least not on the girl in the lounge chair. The bottoms of her feet look like flippers. I'm of the opinion that they paid attention to what they were doing when drawing the toe lines on the top of the foot.

Bloke standing up, you can see his feet down the bottom. Either he has six toes, his big toe in the wrong place or a huge little toe...
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2009 February 16, 16:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Lila" seems to have made an appearance in this shot.  The expression on Color Coordinated's face is pretty funny.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2009 February 16, 17:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bloke standing up, you can see his feet down the bottom. Either he has six toes, his big toe in the wrong place or a huge little toe...
Definitely six toes. He also either has three abnormally short fingers or they are clipping through his swimtrunks.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2009 February 16, 19:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS3 has all five fingers in the models, versus four in TS2, where the two middle fingers shared a set of joints. I see no evidence of individual toes as skeletal entities, although making the appearance of toes on a foot mesh is mostly just a polygon count issue.

I am not as inclined to think the game will bomb popularly as has been expressed here, although I have no doubts that some users will cling to their Sims 2 the way the great unwashed masses bitterly cling to their guns and religion. Smiley
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2009 February 16, 20:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* SaraMK clings to Sims 2 and a gun, and prepares for the bitter end.

Fail.
MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2009 February 16, 21:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Apocalypse is nigh! Head for the hills!

I'm packing a gun and my game. I'll fight to the last pixel for my right to play Sims 2!

In all seriousness, though, I think you're being very generous with your assessment. I'd like to be wrong for once and have the game succeed; but the majority of Sims players are over the age of 12, and thus have more taste,and intelligence than EA will credit us for.

We're the majority who will buy the damned thing, not an 11 year old-they have to ask Mommy or Daddy for the money.

Most of the mods and creators of CC are adults. They're the people we're counting on to save the game, and I don't even know if they will have the tools to do it with, or the inclination once they see what they're trying to improve.

I have a gut feeling, though, this is going to be a bad release, and even worse roll-out.
We shall see.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2009 February 16, 21:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS3 has all five fingers in the models, versus four in TS2, where the two middle fingers shared a set of joints. I see no evidence of individual toes as skeletal entities, although making the appearance of toes on a foot mesh is mostly just a polygon count issue.
Yuh huh. I never implied that the toes would independently animate. I just stated there are six of them. Meaning that, whether they be boned or polyed, they are definitely too many.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2009 February 16, 22:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Six fingers is a feature.  TS3 supports inbreeding for realistic yokels and cultists.   Cheesy
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2009 February 16, 22:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps they'll have a slider for number of fingers, and another for number of toes?

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2009 February 17, 01:06:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My father was slaughtered by a six-fingered man.  I was eleven years old. And when I was strong enough, I dedicated my life to the study of fencing. So the next time we meet, I will not fail.

I hope there is a finger # slider.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2009 February 17, 01:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Sims 3 is like Sims 2's inbred cousin. This will be helpful when the family you aren't currently playing decides to hold a marriage between the uncle and the newly-adult daughter in your absence. Rather than hollering WTF!?, you'll have expected it to happen.

Fail.
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2009 February 17, 02:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The again, I'm apparently blind and unknowing. Since you're so much wiser than the rest of us, maybe you'd care to enlighten us ignorant slobs as to what the theme of this thread should be?

I have not played the game myself, so I cannot be the leader. Let someone else cast the first stone.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2009 February 17, 19:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not played the game myself, so I cannot be the leader. Let someone else cast the first stone.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2009 March 07, 23:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: