More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:40:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 L&P
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 L&P  (Read 306000 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: TS3 L&P
« Reply #300 on: 2009 February 08, 04:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doubt that. More likely the MOAR PEE that Rod Humble has repeatedly promised us will come into play, as the sims pee themselves out like Brynne.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2009 February 08, 08:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Traits of baby Sims are determined by their mother humor during the pregnancy. While we played a baby had difficulties to sleep and other problems, because his mother hadn't an easy pregnancy.
This is an interesting idea, but ... does it only affect the baby's behavior as a baby?  I do not want babies whose personality for their WHOLE LIVES is entirely determined by mom's mood while pregnant.  I would have a lot of bland, boring, well-behaved sims.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2009 February 08, 09:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't worry about it. The facility to edit all that will almost certainly emerge early.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2009 February 08, 10:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't worry about it. The facility to edit all that will almost certainly emerge early.

It will if you have anything to do with it.  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: 2009 February 08, 10:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It will if you have anything to do with it.  Grin

At last count, Pescado wasn't writing the modding tools.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2009 February 08, 10:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your count is wrong, then, because I'm definitely interested in the subject. I just never got into it in TS2 because by the time I noticed, there was already an existing set. My specialty does tend to be "take it and run with it", as opposed to "writing things from scratch", though. I'm not the best at starting a coding project, but if someone has a base from which to start, I AM very good at taking it and running with it in a spree of furious coding.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2009 February 08, 10:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an interesting idea, but ... does it only affect the baby's behavior as a baby?  I do not want babies whose personality for their WHOLE LIVES is entirely determined by mom's mood while pregnant.  I would have a lot of bland, boring, well-behaved sims.
From what I've read, bad mood during pregnancies will push the kids' traits to "evil", but I hope there will be other ways to get mean sims, like neglecting them during childhood or just encouraging them.
As for the pee obsession: One of the achievement boni (?) is called "iron bladder" - I think there must be a reason why such a bonus even exists.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 08, 10:50:31 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2009 February 08, 15:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the pee obsession: One of the achievement boni (?) is called "iron bladder" - I think there must be a reason why such a bonus even exists.
Ah, streets lined with puddles.   Yay.

I'm wondering what sorts of epidemics will inadvertently come with the seamless neighborhood.  I left a lot running overnight once and returned to find the whole hood sick with trashroachian flu.  With everyone's aging on, that's your apocolypse challenge right there.  Or there might be non-lethal epidemics - walking out of the house one day to find that every Sim in the neighborhood has learned an often-inappropriate gesture or song, like the "hang loose" alien brainwashing just set in.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2009 February 08, 18:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turns out the game was delayed simply so they can "market it better."

They must be getting worried...  Roll Eyes
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2009 February 08, 18:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turns out the game was delayed simply so they can "market it better."

They must be getting worried...  Roll Eyes

A source or a link, please.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2009 February 08, 18:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That rumour was doing the rounds at the BBS, IIRC.

It's pretty obvious that the delay is simply because the game is not even nearly ready for release.

More F than you
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2009 February 08, 18:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims3/news.html?sid=6204057&mode=news

JR mentioned it in a conference call to analysts: "In the case of The Sims 3, Riccitiello said, "We see this as being one of the most important launches in our company's history, and certainly in the upcoming fiscal year." He added that the delay was called in the interest of investing more time and effort to make the marketing campaign for the game more innovative."

I too personally think it's because it's in an unfit state for release (but since when has that ever stopped them before?) but then again, something like this seems very typically EA.
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2009 February 08, 20:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably a combination of "too buggy even for EA to release" and "have already written 2009 off as a loss for the fiscal year due to Spore, and want to push Sims 3 to the 2010 fiscal year."  Sadly, that was my first thought when they announced the delay, particularly a delay of that duration.

MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2009 February 08, 21:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know someone who works retail. She didn't even know about the delay yet. In fact, they have it in their back room, just waiting to be put on shelves.

If stores already have it... I doubt it's for any game-changing purpose, unless they want a patch on release.
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2009 February 08, 21:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know someone who works retail. She didn't even know about the delay yet. In fact, they have it in their back room, just waiting to be put on shelves.

If stores already have it... I doubt it's for any game-changing purpose, unless they want a patch on release.
That is just... scary. *Envisions EA as a gigantic vampire sucking all life out of it's merchandise*

Show of hands: How many of you want to bet that there is going to be another Sims 2 expansionpack before Sims 3 come out?

- INTJ -
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2009 February 08, 21:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Show of hands: How many of you want to bet that there is going to be another Sims 2 expansionpack before Sims 3 come out?

EA has said no--the extra time is going to be spent working on Sims 3.

And besides, everyone would be pissed off. Especially the modders.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2009 February 08, 22:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this is true, and not a mistake or simply bullshit, it would be a massive DISASTER, because there is only so long it can sit in the back room before someone pirates it, and a pirate version *4 MONTHS* before the release of the actual game would DESTROY sales.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2009 February 08, 22:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pix or it didn't happen.

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2009 February 08, 22:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that is the case, it's only a matter of time before someone gets a copy. I know when I worked at Toys R Us, some of the new employees would sell the games in the back that weren't supposed to be officially released, to customers if they asked for them. And some employees would buy them before the release date too, especially when the store manager wasn't around. And there's always the slight chance of some employee at some store walking out with a copy hidden on them. I wonder though, if the game leaks this far ahead of the release date, would EA just ignore it and pretend it didn't happen, or would they rush to release the game to get whatever sales they can before it's too late?
theresatv
Asinine Airhead

Transvestite Annoyance

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2009 February 08, 22:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this is true, and not a mistake or simply bullshit, it would be a massive DISASTER, because there is only so long it can sit in the back room before someone pirates it, and a pirate version *4 MONTHS* before the release of the actual game would DESTROY sales.

EA makes their share of mistakes, but not allowing customers to give them money for something is not the sort of thing they'd come up with.

I'm guessing that the reason for the delay is the obvious one - that a major part of the game is so incomplete that they can't even pretend that it's ready.

If the delay is strictly to jockey around earnings, it seems to me that they'd release it as soon as possible after their fiscal year ends on March 31.

If it's to "come up with an innovative marketing strategy," who in the Sims world is unaware of the game, and who else would they reach in four months that they haven't already reached?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2009 February 08, 23:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This would be awesome. I'd laugh harder than when I watch Bill Cosby: Himself Jeffrey, Jeffrey, Jeffrey!.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2009 February 08, 23:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the game manufacturer's world, isn't there such a thing as "going gold", which indicates the game being released is about to get pressed into DVD or CD format?
EA would undoubtedly advertise that fact.
I think your friend might be mistaken, and is confusing another game for the Sims 3 game-which has not been manufactured yet-by even EA's sloppy standards.
It would truly be a disaster if this was the case-as Pescado pointed out, a pirated copy of it available four months before the actual release would swamp EA's sales under the water.
I'm sure that the master copies are very safely tucked away in a vault somewhere-and nobody but senior people even get to look at it.
They're guarding the crown jewels very carefully, I daresay. They can't afford anything less.

« Last Edit: 2009 February 09, 03:00:30 by MaryH » Logged

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2009 February 08, 23:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's to "come up with an innovative marketing strategy," who in the Sims world is unaware of the game, and who else would they reach in four months that they haven't already reached?

To be fair, the advertising for TS3 has been kind of shoddy compared to what they did for TS2. The television commercials in particular come to mind, since I haven't seen anything that widespread for TS3 yet. Maybe that's what they're aiming for between now and June. *shrug*

I sing along with elevator music.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2009 February 09, 00:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jeffrey, Jeffrey, Jeffrey!.

LOL!

That's the name of the Best Toy Ever Discovered By Ferretkind.

A portrait:

A short sample of the sound that drives them wild with glee:
http://www.4shared.com/file/85142142/cf52c596/Jeffrey_Toy.html

You're the first person I've met who might have figured out the reference from whence Jeffrey the Toy's moniker came.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2009 February 09, 00:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kinda hope she is wrong. I haven't had a chance to ask for clarification/pics yet, but I'll be doing so the next chance I get.

She works at a Wal-Mart in the electronics section, so... She's in the right spot to look out for it. And part of her job would be stocking it. I admit that I was extremely surprised when she said that she hadn't even heard of the delay and that they had it ready to do.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: