More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:33:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 L&P
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 L&P  (Read 307401 times)
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: TS3 L&P
« Reply #375 on: 2009 February 12, 13:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't get Sims 2 until there were a couple of eps out, and lots of fixes made by the modders. I expect Sims games to be too buggy to play until the modding community has had time to sort it out. Sims 2 was worse than Sims 1 in that respect, and I expect Sims 3 to be worse than Sims 2, so I will also not be an early adopter. Depending on what people report about how the game plays and how buggy it is, I might not get it at all.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2009 February 12, 14:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see the town outside your bubble of god power running amok with Townies being fertile and stupid;

I can't stop thinking that this part should be perfect for those who want their game be realistic Tongue.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #377 on: 2009 February 12, 15:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to play one family for awhile, and then abandon them for a new one. So the whole 'they live their lives without you' thing is fine with me. Go live your little lives, pixel people! run free!

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2009 February 12, 22:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I read from one of the creator's camp things awhile back that besides an option to turn off aging for the hood, there was also an option to make it so townies and other families didn't do anything life-changing like marriage, getting knocked up, getting jobs or quitting jobs, etc. so they'd just do simple things like go to work and visit community lots and simply take care of their needs. If that's the case, it doesn't sound so bad. I don't want my sims to be doing anything major without me telling them to. I like having complete control of my sims and in TS2, I always play with free will off. And from how I understood changing families works, you basically zoom way out of the house you're playing, back into the neighborhood view and zoom back in on the next house you want to play. If that's the case, it wouldn't be too hard to change families.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2009 February 13, 08:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I read from one of the creator's camp things awhile back that besides an option to turn off aging for the hood, there was also an option to make it so townies and other families didn't do anything life-changing like marriage, getting knocked up, getting jobs or quitting jobs, etc. so they'd just do simple things like go to work and visit community lots and simply take care of their needs. [...] And from how I understood changing families works, you basically zoom way out of the house you're playing, back into the neighborhood view and zoom back in on the next house you want to play. If that's the case, it wouldn't be too hard to change families.
If this is so then I think I could deal with it.  I believe I read also that aging is slowdownable, so one could compensate for aging done while the player was playing other families in rotation.  And it would enable me to skip families in the rotation who are stuck in a boring spot. 

I was a lot happier when TS3 was a clear Do Not Want, but now I'm a bit torn.  IF one could rotate and play a neighborhood this way I think I'd like it; and the new personality system seems interesting; and the placing and rotating of objects without grid restrictions is nice too.  I even like the idea of being able to color hair/furniture/everything whatever color you want instead of having to mess with recolor files....

...But the sims still look doughy-faced, and the nixing of user-made content is very undesirable.  I like some Maxis stuff fine, but I get bored with it after a while, and it tends to all be kind of middle-of-the-road or just goofy.  Also I can't help but think EA are doing it this way on purpose because they've figured out people will pay through the nose for Sims downloads and they want to be the only act in town.  Tongue
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2009 February 13, 08:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of TS3 look what the CC creators made.

DEAR FUCKING GOD WTF IS THAT THING!

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2009 February 13, 09:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[THING pic]

I think that the features are cartoonish enough to fit the waxy, glass-eyed look of TS3, which IMHO makes it way less frightening and yucky than the supposedly "realistic" sims I've seen so far.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2009 February 13, 17:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THAT THING is what's going to go marry & knock up your favourite sim while you're playing a different family...  Shocked

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2009 February 13, 17:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THAT THING is what's going to go marry & knock up your favourite sim while you're playing a different family...  Shocked

That's a scary thought.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2009 February 13, 17:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HA HA, you come back and the parents are divorced and the youngest kids all look like Ross Perot. DNW!

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
kaitco
Corpulent Cretin

ESTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: 2009 February 13, 17:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[THING pic]

If you look at the image link itself, that is supposed to be a chick. "Lila Loofer." Mind boggling, eh?

I had not looked at the TS3 site in while and checked out some of the screenshots. Unsurprisingly, I am filled with just as much DNW as ever. This picture is really what does it for me:

EAxis are supposed to brandishing their shiny new game that is supposed to be a step up from TS2, but there is nothing in that screenshot that I could not create or do in TS2. While I should hope someone would have me examined for a severe head injury if I began downloading or even attempting to create those fugly clothes, nothing in this screenshot tells me that I am looking at something that is "better" than its predecessor. In fact, if it did not have the TS3 logo branded onto it, it would take me some time to realize that this was something other than TS2. It is the same old garbage encased in a shiny box to be shoved down our throats for an even heftier price tag than TS2. DO NOT WANT!
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2009 February 13, 19:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HA HA, you come back and the parents are divorced and the youngest kids all look like Ross Perot. DNW!

That's when a TS3 omgwtfbbq would come at handy.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2009 February 13, 19:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The clothes are fugly, but I would like the game in the screenshot for Sims 2!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2009 February 14, 04:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The clothes are fugly, but I would like the game in the screenshot for Sims 2!

I'm betting that's just the foosball table that is part of the Xbox version of TS2.  Recycle the console versions and call it TS3.

Tribulatio proxima est
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2009 February 14, 05:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you look at the image link itself, that is supposed to be a chick. "Lila Loofer."

WTF.

Oh hell no.

Cry

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
somnambulist
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2009 February 14, 06:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They made José Eber?
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: 2009 February 14, 23:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh.  Look at this Sims 3 screenshot, specifically at the woman's right forearm.  Texture FAIL.  (And the marshmallows look like tiny eggs.  Boo, hiss!)

http://www.infinitesims.com/images/stories/zoom/ZQGYOV/092.jpg

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2009 February 14, 23:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what's even sadder? That swimsuit is a TS2 suit. The only clothing in the shot that isn't is the one piece, and that is just a different texture on the TS2 basic one piece.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2009 February 14, 23:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The girl looks like she's contemplating whether or not to stab the guy multiple times in the face with her skewer.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: 2009 February 15, 13:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why?  Does does he represent EA art department?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2009 February 15, 13:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hell? I have almost no experience with 3D programs, but even I could model a proper marshmallow in about 12 seconds. And the one-piece suit looks like it was made out of that contact paper you find in old ladies' kitchen drawers.

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2009 February 15, 14:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I don't understand is that eggs have a higher polygon count than marshmallows.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2009 February 15, 14:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's a really sophisticated object and this is one of its 33 stages of melting, each with a different mesh.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2009 February 15, 17:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those do look like eggs. Have they ever seen a marshmallow before? I also noticed that the umbrella is clipping the ground on the bottom. I could see it maybe if it were just on the sand, but it's going through the grass as well.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2009 February 15, 18:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same white lounge chair, same rusted wtfbbq grill, same damn black & wood outdoor chairs, and the same fugly bikini that looked lame as frick the first time around (but now with added texture spazzing!). Yeah, this "new" game looks ta blow something fierce.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: