More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:10:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  NEWS: WE CAN HAZ LEGAL THREATS?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NEWS: WE CAN HAZ LEGAL THREATS?  (Read 72423 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: NEWS: WE CAN HAZ LEGAL THREATS?
« Reply #75 on: 2008 December 16, 03:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very good! Have a slice of delishus & moist caek! Wink

Is there an inscription on this caek of yours, by any chance?  Lips sealed

Fail.
zceepy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 December 16, 09:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear EAxian LAWLyer:

U R DOIN IT WRONG.

STFU & GTFO, Attorney at LOL..

Also, HA ha!

Love & glomps,
MATY, the world's leading website for hax and modz that fix the game-borking retardery created by the world's leading interactive entertainment software company"
xoxo

P.S. Have you heard of TSR, which SELLS the intellectual property of EA? I thought not.

You might want to add: We'll remove our illegal files when you remove your illegal software.
Or alternatively: We'll remove our illegal files when you make paysites remove theirs.
SpaceDoll
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 December 16, 09:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.
Happy Birthday, Adolf Hitler!
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 December 16, 19:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.

DAMN IT!  I wanted to say "Happy Birthday, Adolf Hitler Campbell!"
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2008 December 16, 20:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, perhaps it's prudent to kill a few remaining attachments in those Store threads, just in case? Unlike MediaFire links, they ARE stored directly in cheezeserver, after all.

Ugh.  One of those threads is 28 pages long.   Sad   I'll make sure it's clean.

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 December 16, 22:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.

Pffft. As if I'd shop at Wal*Mart.

No, it says:
E.T
Epi Breth Day &
E.T
Congardulation's,
"TiNgLeIng" that that that
WahoO!
E.T

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 December 17, 00:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is chezeserver ?

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 December 17, 09:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is chezeserver ?

Your mom, who is also a log. Read the FAQ, NOOB.

ETA: ilu. Yeah, I said it.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 17, 10:58:04 by Assmitten » Logged

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 December 17, 10:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is chezeserver ?

Your mom, who is also a log. Read the FAQ, NOOB.

Oh son of a Knob Jockey, I just spat Mt Dew all over my lap.

BE MOAR CONSIDURIT FOR MAH INUHABILUTIEZ TO CONTAINZ MUHSELF, MITTEN.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 December 17, 14:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually, "precedence" isn't the right word; it should be "precedent".

See? It's fun!  Cheesy

Very good! Have a slice of delishus & moist caek! Wink
Yay! *munches on moist, Adolf caek* Mmm, yum!

- INTJ -
Zilla
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 December 20, 04:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh! Sorry Pescado.

They have alot of frickin' nerve seeing how EA is being sued for copyright infringment. It's old news, but still... http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/blog/tag/ea-lawsuit/
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 December 20, 05:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still believe the files we linked to here are different to those offered by the Store! Theirs have glitches but ours haven't. Maybe just like someone mentioned early, we just add in the declaimer that thoes links are only for people who have owned the properties already and are willing to fix those stupid glitches that EAxis brought to them. If under that circumstance those EAxis jackasses still bother us, then does that mean Sim players can no longer make any custom contents based on stuff made by EAxis? Does that mean even a recolor of their* objects is illegal? WTF... Sims 3 gotta suck if that's the case! To be frank, I have no interest in Sims 3 at all, thanks to those uglier Sims in Sims 3, EAxis's intervention of my collecting of exclusive stuff and also those "only-3-installations" or SecuRom! BTW, anyone thinks sims in Sims 3 are way uglier than Sims in Sims 2?  Angry

Now I am wondering what will happen when Store come out with new contents next month. They will definitely be milking the Store even after Sims 3 has been released. I really hate that when I fail to find the exclusives I want. I have failed to find the Elle Woods NPC for Sims 1 Superstar. Now they are telling me I will not have those Store exclusives for Sims 2 (I am outside US or Canada). Once, I really enjoyed completing stuff for Sims provided that I would find them in the end. If now it is for sure no matter how hard I have been trying, I won't find what I am lookind for, I would rather not play Sims anymore. Since 2000, I have been paying for every genuie copy of Sims 1 and Sims 2 franchises. Alright, EAxis, you are losing me as your customers for Sims 3,4,5..., and I believe there are many like me who will be making such a judicious decision too (and indeed I have also given up to play many other EA games like Need For Speed, Medal of Honor... because of SecuRom) Undecided
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 December 20, 06:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My last reply is just there to tell Electric Arts Inc. ("EA") how I feel personally and now I want to tell Vineeta Gajwani the followings and I believe as you mentioned you will be monitoring this *site* (indeed, this is a forum and I am not sure what the law in US states but I strongly believe a website and an online forum are different, please refer to the Law and check the difference!) and so I guess you are reading this thread too.

1. People here only *linked* to those files in Schedule 1. Those files were uploaded to a hosting website or server owned by MediaFire but not More Awesome Than You.
2. Moderators or Owners of this online forum did or do not encourage any infringement upon any copyrights owned by Electric Arts Inc., no matter it is about The SIMS or not.
3. Moderators here can delete posts suspicious of infringing upon intellectual properties but they cannot stop people from saying they may have discovered those supicious contents on the web and posted a link to them.
4. When EA produced the game and in many of the commericals by EA about The SIMS, they have stated clearly the ability of customization of any content of the game is a feature of the product. EA also further stated clearly in their EA TOOLS END USER LICENSE that end user can create custom contents using any content from the game or any associated The SIMS intellectual propety, including The SIMS 2 Store. Members of this forum have posted customized contents, including fixes of the bugs that EA has included in their The SIMS content, of The SIMS but not for commericial purpose shall never be considered to be infringing on EA's intellectual property rights.

I am not a moderator or the owner here in More Awesome Than You and I am not writing on behave of any of them. But you better get to know more about EA's policy about The SIMS in the past, the player community of The SIMS and the web before issuing that letter to More Awesome Than You.
When EA stated the EA TOOLS END USER LICENSE, they are indeed signing a contract about what to offer to The SIM players when these players come to make the offer of buying the game. When EA suddenly changed the EA TOOLS END USER LICENSE, it is indeed EA themselves breaking the law. And the all The SIM players reserve the rights to claim their damages through any legal procedure.
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 December 20, 13:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plz to not double-post and to correct the use of grammar. Kthxbai.

- INTJ -
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 December 21, 17:05:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now they are telling me I will not have those Store exclusives for Sims 2 (I am outside US or Canada). Once, I really enjoyed completing stuff for Sims provided that I would find them in the end.

Remember that the Sims Store is a beta, which means that EA is still testing it. Although the Store can only be used in the US and Canada at the moment, I expect EA to expand availability to the rest of the world if the beta proves successful (read: profitable).  If the Store isn't profitable in the US and Canada, then EA will probably drop the whole idea.

The letter from EA to MATY is clearly an attempt to increase the profitability of the Store, by ensuring that people cannot obtain these objects except by paying EA.  If EA cannot force people in the US and Canada, with relatively strong copywrite enforcement, to buy these objects from the Store, then they are unlikely to give access to other countries which may have less stringent copywrite enforcement.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 December 21, 18:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember that the Sims Store is a beta, which means that EA is still testing it.

Yep, and that really bugs me about it.
Since when did beta testers need to hand over their credit card details?

I think the last update they did to the site (not content) was back in July.
One thing they changed was to 'fudge a fix' for people accidentally buying stuff that they had already purchased in an EP or SP.
What was the fix?  Those little EP/SP icons on the thumbnails of the links.  Clearly they want people to make mistakes.

Apart from seeing how many people they can screw over, what exactly are they still testing?
If the items are in beta, do they actually have a returns and refunds procedure for the broken objects?

Mootilda, I think you hit the nail on the head in that it's just the profitability that is in beta.
If it was going to make money, then surely they'd know by now.  Legal threats at this stage seem like futile attempts to save a sinking ship.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 December 21, 18:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also seems to display a general lack of understanding, since the usual response we have to threats is obstinacy and defiance. We're not exactly composed of cowering sheep here, and any attempt to force people here to do anything becomes an exercise akin to herding cats.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2008 December 21, 22:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The second post was about an hour after the first, which means lots of people would have already read the first post and would miss reading anything added to it later.  It makes sense to "double post" under those circumstances.  The entire reason for posting at all is to impart information.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 December 22, 00:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The second post was about an hour after the first, which means lots of people would have already read the first post and would miss reading anything added to it later.  It makes sense to "double post" under those circumstances.  The entire reason for posting at all is to impart information.

Oh, my god, why must you contradict and test every established rule we have? We have them for a reason, and your offering excuses to tards does nothing but erode standards.

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: 2008 December 22, 00:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you like a cup of tea Inge?  Wink

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 December 22, 01:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that you're wrong about this, Inge.  As far as I know, editing your post will make it re-appear as a new (unread) post, so there's no need to double post at this site.  You may be thinking about the MTS2 behavior, which leaves the status of a post as "read", even when it's been edited.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 December 22, 04:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just chiming in to confirm that editing does make the post appear new again. This has confused me in the past.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 December 22, 04:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole point of not double posting is that IF no one has responded to your AMAZING BORING post, you can edit it. If they have, reply to their reply. Double-posting assumes that everyone rushed to read your words of brilliance irrelevant drivel and simply could not find words eloquent profane enough to express how fucking impressive stupid it was.

Inge, as a Senator, you need to read the FAQ and uphold it. "No double posting" isn't a suggestion, it is a forum guideline. So far you have professed ignorance, real or feigned, about Senate proceedings, several rules covered in the FAQ, and multiple cultural standards of MATY. You've also encouraged other MATY people to act like retards and to flout the rules. If you're trying to be controversial or to shit-stir, UR DOIN IT WRONG, and you haven't seemed to be particularly dense in the past. In fact, I would have said, a few months back, that you were pretty smart and "with it."

For SRS, if Senators can't be arsed to do their homework, perhaps their position is too much responsibility or strain on them, and perhaps they should offer to be be delaureled until they have time to put the minimum effort forth to keep up with even the slowest kids in the class. This is why we wait a while before offering positions to new people, even those who seem to grok how MATY works.

Are you using aluminium cookware on a frequent basis? Just wondering.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: 2008 December 22, 05:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using aluminium cookware on a frequent basis? Just wondering.
Thank you my Mistress for making me spit water all over my keyboard. It needed a clean anyway.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 December 22, 07:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, editing your post will make it re-appear as a new (unread) post, so there's no need to double post at this site. 

Oh good. I double-posted the other night for this reason. Now I can stop double-posting and attend my 12 step meeting with a clear conscience.  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: