More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:37:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sim won't stop skipping
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim won't stop skipping  (Read 11010 times)
roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sim won't stop skipping
« on: 2008 December 14, 00:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started with sims 2, OFB and NL and had no problems with my sime.

After adding Free time, Seasons and Uni my main sim skips everywhere. I don't know what to do.
 Thank you for any assistance.

Roberte
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Sim won't stop skipping
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 14, 02:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried forcing an error on the sim?
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 14, 02:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the sim have enough active points to have the Run Here option?  It may correct if you tell them to run somewhere.

Or Force Error - Reset.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 14, 02:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, are you talking about a jump bug, or simply the locomotion type? Is it honestly that big of a deal? I was under the impression that it was faster than walking.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 14, 11:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the responses.

Yes I have performed a force error with no success.

The sim, instead of walking from one place to another skips, not runs, skips. It is very annoying as my primary use of the Sims is Machinima and they have to perform their actions properly otherwise there is no point in recording them.

Re points. I max out all aspirations, motives, etc. as I want them to be at their best at all time so they perform exactly (or close to it)
as actors should. I wish them to have no free will at all.

Yes, skipping is "faster than walking" It also is slower than running. What is the point?

Any further suggestions?

Robert
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 14, 14:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's something wrong with your downloads, I guess. You need to test if the problem persists with no Download folder in place, and then, if problem goes away, do a binary search to find the culprit.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 14, 17:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, since adding the new games I hadn't added anything to my downloads folder so the only elements that were added were what the new games added. Previously  to adding them the sim performed with no problems. Aalso, this is the only sim who has this problem.

What exactly do you mean by "do a binary search"?

Thanks for the reply.

Robert
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 14, 17:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, since adding the new games I hadn't added anything to my downloads folder so the only elements that were added were what the new games added. Previously  to adding them the sim performed with no problems. Aalso, this is the only sim who has this problem.

I wasn't worrying about new stuff addeded, but about old stuff you already have in your DL folder, and how it works with new expansion packs. Before doing any speculation, you need to test the game without the Downloads folder, and see if that skipping still occurs. If it doesn't, then you'll be sure that there's something in your Downloads folder that clashes with new EPs, like an outdated hack or something like that.

Re: binary search. You'll find the instructions in the FAQs, here.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 14, 17:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly do you mean by "do a binary search"?

Thanks for the reply.
Roberte, it's what we call the 50% method on MTS2. We've directed you to it many times. Smiley
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 14, 17:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you added an EP (like FT) and did not replace your hacks, you are likely oldversioned.  Take out your downloads/hacks and test.  If the problem goes away then it was a hack problem.

In any case, you should delete all your hacks and replace with the appropriate versions.

Tribulatio proxima est
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 14, 17:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are many hacked items which can change a sim's locomotion methods. There is, in fact, something which I believe I saw under the name of the Locomotion Adjuster (or something along those lines) at MTS2. If this is just for Machinima, it would probably be better than simply fixing the problem, anyway.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 18, 19:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Than ks much for all the new ideas. I will go through them one by one.

Why, using all of these suggestions, would only one sim have this problem? It would seem as if all of them would.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 18, 20:33:06 by roberte » Logged
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 December 18, 20:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might also try making the sim less playful.  Tongue Only playful sims will skip.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 December 18, 20:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Than ks much for all the new ideas. I will go through them one by one.

Why, using all of these suggestions, would only one sim have this problem. It would seem as if all of them would.

Robert(e); today is Grammar Day. Your sentence needs, at the very least, a question mark, but more clarity would also be good.

Thank you for participating in Grammar Day.

roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 December 18, 20:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Point taken. Sentence modified.

Re. clarity, I have 3 sims, only one of them skips when going from place to place. Usually there is a pie menu option to "go here", "skip here". or "run here."

This particular sim only skips.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 December 18, 20:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roberte, this forum is for reading as well as asking.  Jelenedra gave a perfectly good explanation for your question.

If your sim missing other destination options, you either have a borked sim, or a hack conflict.  Since you only want the sim for machinima, just clone him.  Note however, that unresolved hack conflicts may cause other problems for you, if you need these sims for an extended series.
roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 December 18, 21:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry but I meant no disrespect or lack of attention. I'm not sure how to make a sim "less playful."
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 December 18, 21:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you know how to play the game with testing cheats enabled?

If you play the game with "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" then you can change a sims's personality by clicking and dragging the trait up and down.

Playful sims will skip, active sims will run.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 December 18, 21:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry but I meant no disrespect or lack of attention. I'm not sure how to make a sim "less playful."

Make sure debug mode is turned on.  With your mouse look at your sim's personality bars and slide the "Serious.....Playful" bar back toward "Serious".  If he only has 3-4 dots in blue, he will be less playful, and will conceivably stop skipping.

I would note that I have a sim who has a full playful bar (10 points) and has all options available for locomotion.  Thus, I suspect that this will not solve your problem.  

In that case you may still have "tight pants".  You are resisting the need to check your Downloads folder.  Take it out of your game, save it to desktop, and test your game.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 December 18, 21:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be noted that sims that have less than 6 in the Lazy/Active bar will NEVER run. You can have playful and active sims that will do both.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 December 18, 21:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shouldn't all sims have a 'go here' option?  I think roberte has tight pants. Roll Eyes
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 December 18, 22:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the past, I have had sims stuck on "run". This has only occurred with children directly after they grow up. As far as I can recall, it has happened since basegame without hacks. The condition usually corrects itself once the sim goes off-lot. If this issue is similar, I would suggest taking the sim off-lot and seeing if they reset back to a default walk.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 December 19, 04:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually there is a pie menu option to "go here", "skip here". or "run here."
This particular sim only skips.

This implies to me that the pie menu does not include other options besides skip for this sim.  If that is the case, the sim may be borked.  The Zazazu offworld travel method might snap the sim out of it. (I've seen the running bug as well, but never with a loss of pie menu options)

However:
Actually, since adding the new games I hadn't added anything to my downloads folder so the only elements that were added were what the new games added. Previously to adding them the sim performed with no problems.

...which implies that n00berte has installed a new EP and not replaced hacks and CC.  Hence tight pants. 

Have you removed your Downloads and tested yet, n00berte?

Tribulatio proxima est
roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 December 19, 12:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jolrei.

The pie menu has  "go here", "skip here" and "run here" all available.

No, I have yet to try removing my download folder and trying it. I will today.

I think the suggestion to try cloning my sim and replacing the problem one might be a feasible solution but I have to try that today as well. However it would be good to know as many reasons why this behavior occurs just for info.

I Thank everyone who has contributed toward this end.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 December 19, 14:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be noted that sims that have less than 6 in the Lazy/Active bar will NEVER run.

Actually, I've found that lazy sims will often run if their energy motive is between 3/4 and full. It's not consistent, but it can be helpful in the mornings for the carpool/bus shuffle. Also, if you're encouraging a lazy sim to be active, you only need to get him somewhere between 5 and 6 points for "Run Here" to show up on his pie menu.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: