More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:00:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  M&G Resets my Sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: M&G Resets my Sims?  (Read 2741 times)
ScorpioMaurus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
M&G Resets my Sims?
« on: 2008 December 09, 16:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello official noob to this stuff so forgive me if it's been dealt with already and please point me in the right direction. I just got to play my game with M&G the EP/SP installed and when my sims interact on their own they are fine but when I direct them to do something they both jump to other areas and the action is canceled. For anyone who has ever used Pose Boxes and had to reset their sim that is exactly what it looks like. They seem to bounce to a nearby square that is not in use. At first I though it was only the AL animations but I am getting it with things like chat as well. I assume it's probably some mistake in EAxis code since they don't even know if it's an SP or an EP. It is called a SP but it's exe file is Sims2EP9 so I'd think if they don't even know what product they are putting out there are bound to be problems. I have all EP's and SP's including the Christmas Packs and I am using the Reloaded NOCD because I took Securom out. I have always used NOCD's and did not have this problem until M&G. I played with AL for about a month and did not experience any problems because I ran here to get the newest hacks first.

Thanks for your time everyone and if this hasn't been fixed could someone please tell me how to use debug mode to be able to properly test it? I know how to turn on debug mode but I don't know what types of errors I should be looking for, Thanks.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: M&G Resets my Sims?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 09, 16:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just turn on debug mode, and when your sims jump you'll get a dialog box that tells you the name of the error file and where it was saved (usually in the Logs directory). Then come back here and attach an error log to your message, and the smart folks will be able to help you (most likely).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 09, 16:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Additionally, remove your Downloads folder and save it to your desktop and test your game without it.  You may have a bad, old, incompatible hack in there somewhere.  If it tests okay without CC you will have to find the hack that is screwing things up.  See the FAQ (in the Podium section) for instructions on binary searches.

This is the most common reason for jump bugs (search on "tight pants").

Tribulatio proxima est
ScorpioMaurus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 09, 20:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After doing a Binary search it seems to be something from Sims2Workshop. I'd say probably Carrigon's hacks so I will see which ones need updating and check those. This might be related to the thread about the Headmaster Jumping and Carrigon's No Whistling hack. I don't have a clue why EAxis thought it would be cute to hear the sims whistling practically non-stop.

Thanks for the help!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: