More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:20:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife and Twins
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife and Twins  (Read 31258 times)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
Re: Nightlife and Twins
« Reply #50 on: 2006 January 28, 10:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only twins I've had since installing NL have been the pre-programmed ones (Circe Beaker & Dina Caliente)

Dina is supposed to be pre-programmed for twins? The pregnancy she had in my game for Mortimer was single.

Same here, two single pregnancies for Dina w/ Mortimer.   I don't think any of the premade Maxis characters are preprogramed for twins.  The only way they could be is if they were already pregnant at the beginning of the game since twins are determined at conception. 
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 January 28, 12:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never had twins in my game! How is that possible!  Undecided
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 January 28, 13:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never had twins in my game! How is that possible!  Undecided

Twins are rare. You've just been lucky.
I hate twins.  Babies are bad enough without there being two of them.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 January 28, 14:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a lot of twins in my custom hood, both pre- and post-NL.  And my hood is all CAS sims.  No twin mods, they did it all on their own.  Half of my first gen couples had a set of twins, but they all had other children, too, so it still may be close to the 10% chance.  Sorry, I haven't done the math yet!

In fact, I have some second gen couples who are having their families and I dread when I see them have twins.  One toddler at a time is enough!  Even with smart milk, getting a pair of toddlers through all their skills and having them pick up whatever charisma they can gain is a handful.  I play each household one day at a time, and getting through one day with toddler twins is about all I can handle of them!

I played Pleasantview for a few months at first, and I think I only had one or two sets of twins there.  Played Strangetown a little, and out of three pregnancies, two resulted in twins.  So I was really surprised that my custom hood produced so many.  But I didn't start my hood until after I had Uni, so I don't know if the chances changed with that EP.  But I know I had a lot before NL, so I don't think the chances changed there unless they increased the odds for the pre-made Maxis hoods.  I haven't played the Maxis hoods in months.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 January 28, 16:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that Dina or Circe are  pre-programmed for twins.  I have played the game over about seven times and I have never had them have twins.  I think probably what happens is the pregnancy modifier is probably random and we all know how random works in the Sims.  Dina and Circe probably have always gotten the modifier in your game but not in mine.  In my game it is ALWAYS Titiana and a lot of times it is Cassandra.  The others are pretty random.  Jm says that the pregnancy modifier increases the chance of odds, so when you are in SimPE look at them and see if they have a modifier.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 January 28, 23:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My very first in-game birth was twins (custom neigbourhood).
Not really what I needed at the time.

I had been through all the hassle with an adopted baby already, but it was still hard.  That might be why I dislike twins so much.
After that I didn't have another set of twins for ages, but I did have multiple sims abducted by aliens (one of them on her wedding night).  My mother on the other hand had lots of twins but not a single abductions.  I had to download a hack for her to show her that it really could happen.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 January 29, 03:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Way back in the beginning of TS2 I inadvertently d/l'd a twins hack with a house (I don't d/l houses anymore!).  When I got my 3rd set of twins in a row I went looking through my downloads folder.  I had one more set a while after that, bringing the total to 4 sets pre-NL.  Since NL I have had 5 sets of twins.  Since two of the sets were born to twins I figured that was what was going on, but I have them in other families also. 

I wonder, though, if the law of averages is playing a role.  At least for me, I keep growing my 'hood, so obviously the chances of seeing more twin births will increase.  10% of 100 is larger than 10% of 20, ya know?
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 January 29, 14:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooohhhh! Can i have them, please?Huh? Grin I would treat them real nice in my game!:D Grin

oooh - I've only just read this thread.  If you still have them Issy, can I have them too?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 January 30, 02:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dang!!  Jennifer Burton(Burb) just had twins--that makes 7 sets--she was suppose to be on birth control!!  I think something is making the birth control not work.  This is ridiculous.  I have 30 kids so far in this generation--not good.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 January 30, 10:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Pleasantview #1, Dina had one baby by Don, and Nina had twins by him, a boy and a girl.  In Strangetown, Circe only had one baby.  So I don't think it's preprogrammed either.  I know they staged things like the burglar, but I don't see how they could program something like that.  Only Brandi is set to have a male clone of herself due to Skip being unlinked.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 January 30, 16:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooohhhh! Can i have them, please?Huh? Grin I would treat them real nice in my game!:D Grin

oooh - I've only just read this thread.  If you still have them Issy, can I have them too?

Actually I do have a copy of him on my laptop that I transfered from my main PC long ago.  The main neighbourhood he was in perished awhile back Tongue
Just pm me ure email and I'll send it to you Smiley

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 January 31, 04:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to chime in also, I too had a glut of twins right after NL - five sets in a row, and none since. I'd taken out all my birth-affecting hacks because I wanted it to be more rare and more of a surprise, so it struck me as really odd.

The Risky Woohoo seems particularly risky lately also, but that could be because I'm using the InTeen version now whereas I was using either the 5% or 35% earlier (took that one out too once it got too common). It's almost like I'm -having- them Try, it works so well Tongue If it keeps up I'll have to see if there's some other way to get pregnancies without having to Try; I want surprises but I also don't want sooo many Sims clogging everything up.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2006 January 31, 09:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed a strange influx of twins before having NL...I tend to get them often, but not to often, about one in twenty births, it seems. What I have been noticing lately is an influx of alien abductions- Pre NL I had none. In the last week, I had 3. I don't think I need any higher chances of abduction mods! One of the guys who got abducted happened to be half alien already  Tongue

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 January 31, 09:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I started with a fresh new Pleasantview recently, there have been 4 births of which 1 twins. Conincidentally, it was Kaylynn who got the twins, just like in my previous version of Pleasantview, even though this time she doesn't have the token.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 February 02, 05:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird! I must have had 20 births just since my new hood, many more than that since NL. I've still only ever had one Maxis generated set of twins - and that was before University.  Undecided

Guess I better never take up gambling, the odds don't look good.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 February 02, 09:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had Brandi give birth last night, and, what do you know, another set of twins on top of Kaylynn's twins the other day. And neither one of them has the "twins token", either.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2006 February 27, 21:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've suddenly had an influx of twins in my new Pleasantview since installing the second patch.  The last four pregnancies have been twins, including my own self Sim.  One of the sets is Dina Goth, who appears to be programmed to have them (this will be her second set).  Lucy Burb is also having them, although she didn't in my original Pleasantview.   None of them have the 'pregnancy token' (although it may disappear once they've conceived, I don't know).

Anyway, the oddest thing is this Chinese woman.  She was originally in Maple Valley and I moved the family to Pleasantview.  At the time, she was pregnant with twins, having had a single birth the first time (2 single pregnancies, as the first ended in a miscarriage).  She miscarried the twins and conceived again more or less straightaway, also with twins.  Whether this was a coincidence I don't know, but it seems odd that she would lose twins and conceive them again, as if she was meant to have them.  Bearing in mind that the second set was conceived in a different neighbourhood, I can't help wondering what causes it, something must be 'set' somewhere deep in the character file. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 February 27, 23:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dina Caliente/Goth in my game only had single births, but until I put her on InTeen birth control she got pregnant every time she woohooed.  And then her oldest daughter got pregnant the first time SHE woohooed, in a hot tub no less. I'm not sure Dina is pre-programmed for twins, but she sure seems to be preprogrammed to get pregnant easy.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 February 28, 02:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do any of the fathers have the token? I'm curious because, unless you have abductions or hacks, generally the men don't get pregnant, yet they have tokens... is that 'just in case!' they get pregnant, or does it affect the chance the same way? Because, of course, Sims' genetics are not quite realistic... Tongue
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 2006 February 28, 14:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before NL, I'd had one, maybe two sets of twins. In my current legacy family I have had two sets in as many generations. The founder's wife's second pregnancy resultedin twins, and her daughter's first pregnancy was also twins. I'm not terribly amused Tongue

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2006 February 28, 19:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see how the pregnancy token can affect twins really, because I've had elder women suddenly acquire it after they've become elders, so either the game isn't checking when it's dishing it out, or it has nothing to do with twins.  As far as Dina being pre-programmed is concerned, I think maybe it could be different pre-made Sims with different games, because she had twins in my first Pleasantview as well (different father) and I know she has done for a lot of others, as has Circe Beaker.  Kaylynn is another who apparently has twins a lot, but she never has in mine.  It definitely seems to vary, but they all seem to have them in different games and that in itself doesn't seem very likely when you think about it.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 February 28, 22:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way where in simpe do you find the tokens for twins I have not found them yet.
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 March 01, 05:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dang!!  Jennifer Burton(Burb) just had twins--that makes 7 sets--she was suppose to be on birth control!!  I think something is making the birth control not work.  This is ridiculous.  I have 30 kids so far in this generation--not good.
You may have a conflict or you may just be unlucky.  By default, InTeen's birth control is not failsafe.  As IRL, contraception isn't fail proof...there is a 2% chance your sim may still become pregnant while on birth control.  There is a flavor pack for the NL Edition of InTeen you can install that will give you 100% effective birth control.  Perhaps you should try the latter and see if it makes a difference for you.

Meek: There isn't a "twins token".  There is a data field in the pregnancy token itself which stores all the information about the pregnancy: including the id of the father, the length of the pregnancy, and the number of babies to be born.  Tokens are all stored along with memories in the Neighborhood Memory section of SimPE when you open a neighborhood file.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 March 01, 05:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps this is what you were thinking of:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3.msg417#msg417

There is a pregnancy modifier token that does affect twin chances, but it is not a factor that you can influence: Food does NOT affect the pregnancy modifier token, it simply appears on your sim for unknown reasons, possibly randomly, or in connection with being a twin. In any case, it is not an effect that you can influence through any specific known action.

The token shows up in the Sim's memories in SimPE.  You can see them by loading the neighborhood, and then clicking on Neighborhood/Memory.  Then find your sim in the list on the left, and click on their icon to show their memories.  But be VERY careful about deleting anything you don't understand, especially invisible tokens relating to aspiration and such.  But you can view what sims have the token.  You can't change the token to make twins more likely or anything.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 March 01, 05:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didnt want to change tokens I just wanted to find it that was all, Thank you for the answer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: