More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:09:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife and Twins
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife and Twins  (Read 31259 times)
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Nightlife and Twins
« on: 2005 November 10, 11:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed a sudden increase in twins with Nightlife installed?

It's getting rather stupid in my neighbourhood... as far as I'm aware, I've never installed a twins hack (though I do download a fair few houses, so it's not impossible).

So... when I got NL, I reinstalled the game and started setting up the neighbourhood again. Two months later, I have four sets of twins. Four!

One set is clean: I made them in CAS.
One set is the result of an alien abduction. I used boolProp to get the abduction, but the twins were definitely a surprise.
The other two sets are from the same parents, with two other single-birth kids between them.

Prior to reinstalling (and hence, installing Nightlife), I'd never had twins before in over a year of play. I'm now wondering if NL has upped the odds, or if I've installed something by accident. I'm finding it... rather annoying.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Nightlife and Twins
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 10, 11:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Opposite problem here - not a single set of twins at all since nightlife was installed!

afraid I can't give you any ideas on the sudden twin influx...  purely random?  but if you think it's necessary, it certainly wouldn't hurt to start checking through your downloads
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 10, 11:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there is a hack that increases the odds for twins.  Maybe you have inadvertently downloaded it in a house?

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 10, 11:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first got the base game, the first babies born were twins. That was bad - I had no idea how to take care of them, poor little things. And then, when I'd have liked twins, all the others were singles. (So I went off and got the triplets and quads hack.) I don't think I had any babies after I installed Uni.

When I installed Nightlife, the first babies born were twins (no hacks, all removed for installation). Then, when I'd really have liked to have twins, I had 6 more babies and they were all singles. Figures. I've found that if I want twins (and especially can afford them and have room for them) I won't get them. If it'd be a hassle, there are twins Wink And I wonder if the odds aren't increased with the first baby or something. Anyways, I like the triplets and quads hack so I can choose how many babies I want.

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 10, 11:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just read my post on Darleen's baby and tell me how I solve that problem!!!!!  It's over 24 hours, and Darleen is still pregnant, I can't get rid of the duplicate baby boy, I can't buy a mind control mirror to see what's happening, I can't DO anything!

Zephyr Zodiac
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 10, 11:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does almost seem that the likely hood has increased since NL but I think it's just chance still at this point until someone can prove otherwise.

Last night I had two twin births in my game..one right after the other.

I am playing another one of my legacy 'hoods..this one being of the recreation of myself and my fiance.

The sim version of myself had a daughter who is now grown.  Her and her husband had twins..a boy and a girl.

I went back to the house with my sim self and sim fiance and decided to get pregnant one last time in hopes of getting one more boy...what do you know..sim me ended up popping out  twin girls.

How ironic really.  I mean had it been a single birth and I wanted a boy I wouldn't have been that surprised..but twin girls?!  Whenever my sims have twins, 99% of the time it ends up being a boy AND a girl.  Out of all the twins I've had since playing this game only once have I gotten a boy/boy combo and only twice have I gotten a girl/girl combo.

I know I could have just reloaded until I got the genders that I wanted..but I like to play with what the game gives me.
Vesca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 10, 12:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Opposite problem here - not a single set of twins at all since nightlife was installed!

Same here - no twins since installing NL, though no complaints from me.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 10, 12:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that all the twins I've had have been to families that have been least able to afford them, especially if they haven't had room for them.  As most of my families now have plenty of spare cash and decent houses with room to spare, the twins have definitely tailed-off. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 10, 13:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first pregnancy, to an affluent but career oriented couple, in Night Life resulted in girl/girl twins and then I had a ridiculous run of male singles.  Until, of course, I wanted a boy.  My avatar sim and her husband can't have a boy to save their lives- I saved and replayed her second delivery 10 times and was getting the recessive alien skin on a couple, but no boy.

Now I have the triplets and quads hacks.  I've yet to get a natural set of twins for the familes I don't use the cheat on, but my children since NightLife gender ratio is still skewed:  16 boys to 5 girls.  I've never had that sort of imbalance before.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 10, 13:32:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have quiet alot of single births and then I have about 5 sets of twins in 5 different families and then more single births. It also seem that the twins are more common in households that are twins or that their gandparent were a twin.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 10, 14:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've given up on waiting for the 10% chance of twins to hit randomly and just use TwoJeffs' Triplets & Quads hack  Grin

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 10, 15:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if it was just pure chance but I created a custom hood in which I made all the 7 couples there (1 CAS created matched with townie or downtownie) get pregnant one after the other.

Out of the 7 pregnancies I got 3 sets of twins all girl/boy, which make it a 42% chance of twins in my game!  I am now afraid of having babies since I don't like twins...

I did started fresh a few times before Nightlife and most of the time I either had only 1 set of twins or none at all out of 9 pregnancies.

EDIT:  In case it was not clear this is after a fresh install of all 3 games with Nightlife patch install.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 10, 15:34:30 by Missdoh » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 10, 15:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mostly all my twins have happened when I've had first one parent try for a baby then the other.  Except for one double abduction that resulted in alien twins.  The only time it wasn't like that was when don Lothario's girlfriend moved in, and since they were both Romance Leos I rather meanly had her try for a baby!  Then in the morning they just woohood again.  But you're right, Ancient sim, usually the couples concerned don't have a lot of cash!  And the second crib and somewhere to put it just about cleans them out!

Zephyr Zodiac
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 10, 21:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had 5 sets of twins born since I installed nightlife.  Comparing to the two sets of twins I had previously during the whole time I played original/uni.

It's probably just a random thing tho.  My romance sim Rebeka had twins (risky woohoo), then managed to get pregnant again just 5 days before coming elder (again risky woohoo) which also resulted in twins. 

The first set of twins she had (boy/boy) are so identical I can't tell them apart at all.  All my other twin sims usually just resemble each other but I can never tell these two apart.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 10, 21:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think around a third of the natural-born sims in my game are twins. Either the first or second birth ever in my game was twins, and it happened on the first day I was playing Sims 2, and I was completely overwhelmed (at the time, I didn't even know about the twins, so it was startling). It's actually the main thing that made me realize that the people over on the BBS were total nutjobs -- they actually WANTED twins, and couldn't get them (and then said you could get them by having your sim eat cookies or walk four times around the house counter-clockwise, or whatever). I plan for most of my families to have just two children, but the second birth seems to almost always be twins just to spite me. I swear the game monitors my thoughts and spits out JUST what I don't want at the time.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 10, 21:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I installed nightlife, I had lots of twin births, but since installing the patch, I have had none....thank goodness! They really are hard work Shocked

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 10, 21:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When Castor and Allegra had twins, I moved Lilith in after she graduated to help look after them (just let her regain her lost youth with the elixir before i moved her out!)  It worked really well - she added three friends to her list (Castor was already a friend) and once she got to know the babies, she could do all the same things a relative could do, like potty training etc.

Zephyr Zodiac
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 10, 22:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to restart my hoods and I made cassandra goth marry daneil dreamer and I got her pregant and the next night I got darren to stargaze and wouldnt u know it he got abducted, I didnt want him abducted at that time. He also was pregant. When cassandra gave birth it was to twins just what I didnt want because darren was pregant. The next day after darren gave birth to twins too well that was realy hard to raisse two sets of twins toddlers. I said thank god thats over when they all became children. I got cassandra pregant when the alien twins became children because cassandra wanted to graduate 3 children from college, and low and behold I got another set of twins. So the house is full I didnt want that many children. I have noticed that every time I start a new hoods from scracth that cassandra has twins.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 11, 00:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prior to NL, I had 2 sets of 'natural' twins (without hacks).  Since NL, I've had 2 sets of twins in two days.

<insert witty comment here>
NaelisSim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 11, 01:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After nearly a year, I had never had twins.  Since NL, two sets, not in a row.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 11, 06:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had an odd alien twins epidemic since NL. What's odd is that one will be green, the other has the skintone of the 'host' sim.

Instant gratification takes too long.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 11, 15:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meek Monkey, to fulfil Graduate 3 children you only need two kids - somehow the LTW is fulfilled when the second graduates, as long as your sim is at the graduation parties.

Darren only has two lightning bolts for Cassandra, you know, but three for his dead wife Darleen, and if you resurrect her, HE soon forgets Cassandra (though she's like an octopus - her tentacles are everywhere!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 12, 00:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to share pics of my third generation born twins, Hunter and Alex.  Usually twins don't look so similiar when they turn adult (at least none of mine ever has).

Hunter is on the left, Alex on the right.

Can you tell them apart at all? Anyone else ever have twins that look so alike?

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 12, 02:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooohhhh! Can i have them, please?Huh? Grin I would treat them real nice in my game!:D Grin

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 12, 19:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind sharing them virgali, thing is I have no clue how to upload a single sim.  These two are already in a family.

<--Newbie when it comes to packaging anything as I've never done it before.

If anyone knows a site or tutorial I'd be happy to try tho.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: