More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 14:22:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  My sims don't get abducted - SOLVED
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My sims don't get abducted - SOLVED  (Read 15119 times)
alekone
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
My sims don't get abducted - SOLVED
« on: 2008 December 08, 14:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I can't get my sims abducted.... I use the cheat on the telescope (debug-get abducted) and then the sim gets near the telescope and stop the action, and nothing happens. I know what you are thinking "it's a hack causing a conflict" BUT I thought that too and removed my downloads and savedsims folders and the problem keeps on >.< I know I can make my sims alien pregnant with cheats but I love getting them abducted....I wonder if it's an AL problem 'cause i've never had this problem before...  Oh, and then i tried using a hacked telescope after nothing else worked, and it didn't work either >.<
« Last Edit: 2008 December 08, 19:25:41 by alekone » Logged
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: my sims don't get abducted
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 08, 15:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you saying your sims are *never* abducted anymore, or are you just wishing for a hack/cheat to force it on demand? The "debug cheat" for abductions has not worked since FT (pretty sure that was the EP that borked it, thanks to the 'summon aliens' Knowledge perk which, IIRC, also borked the hacked telescopes).  I haven't installed AL yet and so can't speak to what may or may not be going on with its addition to your game, but your complaint is common. I'm unaware of a current hack to force/encourage abductions, post-FT.

Also, for future reference, MATY encourages (pretty much demands, really) attention to things like punctuation and proper capitalization in your posts. Please consider investing in some capital I's.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 08, 15:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alekone, if I were you, I'd listen to Liz - she's right about FT breaking the debug abduction cheat, and she's right about MATY's insistence on punctuation & proper capitalisation.

I believe TwoJeffs still has a hack for higher abduction odds over at www.simbology.com.  I used to have TwoJeffs' hack, but took it out after I installed FT.  I found I no longer needed it, as abductions are far more frequent post-FT, even without using the knowledge "summon aliens" perk.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
alekone
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 08, 18:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I'll pay more attention to that and I'll edit the main post. What I mean is I tried to get my sims abducted through the cheat and it didn't work, so i tried removing my CC and it still didn't work, so I downloaded a hacked telescope and the sim still didn't get abducted, the action was cancelled and he remained there besides the telecope (just like what happened when i tried the cheat) i have tried to get him abducted by simply watching the stars, but the spaceship never arrives... I'll try the mod and see if it works, thank you for help^^
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 08, 18:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe TwoJeffs still has a hack for higher abduction odds over at www.simbology.com

I have the TJ hack installed, and just had a sim abducted.  All working normally (I have all EPs up to AL).

Tribulatio proxima est
alekone
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: My sims don't get abducted
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 08, 18:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just downloaded the hack and it says it requires FT, but I don't have it  Tongue I have all EPs except FT, is it ok for me to download anyway?
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 08, 18:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest either arring FT or asking over on the simbology site.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 08, 19:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest either arring FT or asking over on the simbology site.

Also, a bit of hunting around at Simbology might result in finding a pre-FT version.  TJ sometimes has old versions available in an archive, IIRC.  It could also be that the FT version is backward compatible.

Tribulatio proxima est
alekone
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 08, 19:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the version that requires FT in my game and it worked perfecly ^^ My sim was abducted in less than 5 sim hours Cheesy thanks a lot for the help guys
« Last Edit: 2008 December 08, 20:02:37 by alekone » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: My sims don't get abducted - SOLVED
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 09, 00:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I had a debugabduct fix which fixes the broken telescope thing in all versions (Debug Get Abducted never worked right), but I'm not sure if Fat Gwilly People ever asked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 09, 01:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've used the debugabduct.package in the test folder, and that seems to work just fine.  Does Gwill have to ask?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 09, 01:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so it is out, then.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: