More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:07:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Decostumized and Updated Exchange and Other Maxis Stuff - (Updated 2009/01/02)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Decostumized and Updated Exchange and Other Maxis Stuff - (Updated 2009/01/02)  (Read 122996 times)
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
Decostumized and Updated Exchange and Other Maxis Stuff - (Updated 2009/01/02)
« on: 2008 December 08, 00:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decostumized some Maxis Exchange items.

These objects were...
  • updated to latest EP.
  • made recolorable. Requires mini-CEP, see below.
  • compressed with The Comprezzorizer!, by jfade.
  • removed duplicate files.
  • etc.

Be sure to check Lord Darcy's Decostumized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing to get all Maxis items.

Update history:
2008/11/06: Cars and some misc décor were added.
2008/12/28: Space chair, egg stereo and some clothing from The Exchange were added. mini-CEP was updated.
2008/12/30: Kürt, Julie, and Jeanette Biedermann Set were (re)added.
2008/12/30: Hilary Duff was added.
2008/12/31: Carnival costumes were added.
2009/01/02: Jeanette Biedermann and carnival costumes were readded, now enabled for young adults.

Installation: (for objects & object recolors)
Move to:
"Program Files > EA Games > The Sims 2 Latest EP (or M&G SP) > TSData > Res > Catalog > Bins".

Installation: (for clothing, hair & Sims)
Move to:
"Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 > Downloads".

mini-CEP (Updated 2008/12/28)
This little package makes these decostumized and updated stuff recolorable. It is divided into two parts; GMND and MMAT, GMND must go to your downloads folder, MMAT must go along with the objects to your latest EP Bins folder.

Installation: (zExchangeDecostumized_miniCEP_yy-mm-dd)
Move to:
"Program Files > EA Games > The Sims 2 Latest EP (or M&G SP) > TSData > Res > Catalog > Bins".

* zExchangeDecostumized_miniCEP_08-12-28.package (5.19 KB - downloaded 5655 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 January 06, 22:48:49 by Richief » Logged
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
Re: Decostumized and Updated Cars, Exchange and Other Maxis Stuff
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 08, 00:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vehicles

Ford Cars
  • Ford Mustang GT - Made recolorable, updated to Pets.
  • Ford Focus - Interior subset was made recolorable, updated to Pets.
  • Ford Fusion - Interior subset was made recolorable, updated to Pets.
  • Ford Edge - Interior subset was made recolorable, updated to Pets.
  • Ford Escape Hybrid - Interior subset was made recolorable, updated to Pets.

Other Cars
  • Hot Rod - Interior subset was made recolorable, updated to Pets.
  • Fiat Punto - Made recolorable, updated to Pets.
  • Montgomery Hawker - Interior subset was made recolorable, removed L&P recolor, updated to Pets.

Download from Mediafire (includes all cars).

Misc Décor

Paintings
  • Bug Poster - Builds "Nature Enthusiasm".
  • Soccer Flag - Retrieved recolor, builds "Sports Enthusiasm".

Sculptures
  • Wooden Screen - Made recolorable.

Download from Mediafire (includes sculptures and paintings mentioned above).

Other

Stereo Egg
  • Stereo Egg - Speakers subset was made recolorable, updated to AL.

Download from Mediafire.

Space Chair
  • Space Chair - Chrome subset was made recolorable, deleted extra MMATs, updated to Pets.

Download from Mediafire.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 01, 00:30:40 by Richief » Logged
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 08, 00:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clothing & Hair

Ultimate Soccer Kit
  • Face Paint - Available to every age group
  • Soccer Uniform - Only toddler is left (others are included in FT)

Download Ultimate Soccer Kit from Mediafire.

Die Sims 2 Kostüm
  • Clothing - Enabled elder version (clown costume)
  • Hats
  • Mask

Download carnival costumes from Mediafire.

Celebrity Sims

Julie Taton
  • Archetype
  • Face- Updated to AL
  • Hair
  • Outfit

Download Julie Taton from Mediafire.

Kürt Rogiers
  • Archetype
  • Face- Updated to AL
  • Hair
  • Outfit - Requires OFB

Download Kürt Rogiers from Mediafire.

Hilary Duff
  • Hair
  • Makeup - Updated to AL
  • Outfit - Includes Jenn outfit.

Download Hilary Duff from Mediafire.

Jeanette Biedermann
  • Archetype
  • Clothing
  • Hair
  • Makeup - Updated to AL
  • Recolors - Includes black recolors of oriental bathtub, shower, moroccan floor lamp, two sinks and loveseat.

Download Jeanette Biedermann from Mediafire.
Download black recolors from Mediafire.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 04, 22:33:22 by Richief » Logged
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 08, 03:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the work! I was curious if the recolors for Numenor's recolorable Mustang and Punto would work for your versions of the cars as well?

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Timoram
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 08, 09:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is something wrong with Mediafire ? The page doesn't show the download link, only (for a long long time) "Processing download request..."
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 09, 01:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tamha,
I'd checked and I'm afraid not. Numenor's version uses different subset names in his version, I'll fix this issue in the next update (I almost finished with some other objects).

Timoram,
Try again and let me know if the problem continues, sometimes Mediafire shows up this error.
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 09, 01:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for these, they are great...one issue though, the download for the cars only contains 2 of them, the Fiat and the Hawker

Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 09, 01:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no, it's not an issue. Ford cars, Fiat and hot rod are bundled in a single package, I named the file "CarOwnableFordNFiat.package" (contains 7 cars), Hawker is sold separately (not sure why but I thought it was a good idea).
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 09, 08:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is something wrong with Mediafire ? The page doesn't show the download link, only (for a long long time) "Processing download request..."
I'm getting this too.  Actually, I often get this crap from Mediafire and it's very frustrating.  How long does one usually need to wait before checking back will actually produce a different result?  Usually, I just give up and never download whatever it was I was trying to get, but I really want the screen/art.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Timoram
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 09, 09:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting this too.  Actually, I often get this crap from Mediafire and it's very frustrating.  How long does one usually need to wait before checking back will actually produce a different result?  Usually, I just give up and never download whatever it was I was trying to get, but I really want the screen/art.

I used to use Opera, but those downloads can be download only with IE... I didn't test it with Firefox or Safari.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 09, 20:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get this most of the time in my Fx browser, but usually just refreshing the page fixes it for me.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 11, 20:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using IE 6.0 and I was able to dl today.  *shrug*  Guess I should try that refreshing the page thing in the future.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 December 13, 23:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may be a little confused. I went to download the cars, but that download only has two cars in it - the fiat and the ratrod. Is there something I'm missing or is the download messed up?

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 December 14, 00:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Fiat package contains all of the other cars too.
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
Re: Decostumized and Updated Exchange and Other Maxis Stuff - (Updated 2008/12/28)
« Reply #14 on: 2008 December 29, 01:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008/12/28: Space chair, egg stereo and some clothing from The Exchange were added. mini-CEP was updated.

Mustang GT and Fiat are now compatible with Numenor's recolors. Re-download, please. mini-CEP was updated to include this change along with egg stereo and space chair, also note that mini-CEP is no longer divided into two (MMAT and GMND), delete these and copy new file.

I also added some clothing from The Exchange; the ultimate soccer kit and some celebrity Sims. I deleted child and older soccer clothing as they are included in FT; only toddler is left and face paint for all age groups.

Kürt requires OFB because of the mesh.

2008/12/30: Kürt, Julie and Jeanette Biedermann were (re)added.

I reuploaded and updated Kürt Rogiers and Julie Taton; their faces are updated to AL and their archetypes are now included. I also added Jeanette Biedermann. I must say I was impressed by this set; it has black Maxis-made recolors, clothing & hair have their own collection and face make-up comes in 5 skin tones (lite, med, tan, dark, and alien)! Jeanette Set shows up under base. Unfortunately I could not find any pic of the set, but will try to post a picture later.

Edit: Hilary Duff was added.

I just uploaded Hilary Duff. Her face makeup was updated to AL, her archetype is not included. The package also includes Jenn's clothing. Both outfits (Hilary & Jenn), hair (the same for both) & makeup (Hilary Face) show up under Pets.

2008/12/31: Carnival costumes were added.

Carnival costumes from the German Sims site were uploaded. I also added a picture showing Jeanette's hair and outift, I will try to post one showing the recolors.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 02, 18:51:39 by Richief » Logged
cow_tools
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Decostumized and Updated Exchange and Other Maxis Stuff - (Updated 2008/12/3
« Reply #15 on: 2009 January 01, 19:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't seem to get the Carnival hair and costume to show up for young adults.  Neither in CAS or Bodyshop.  I checked it out using SimPE and WW, but everything was gravy (as far as I could tell, anyway).  Is this just a me problem, or is anyone else having this issue?

Now asbestos-free.
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
Re: Decostumized and Updated Exchange and Other Maxis Stuff - (Updated 2008/12/31)
« Reply #16 on: 2009 January 01, 21:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird. I just checked the file with SimPE and it should be available to adult, elders and young adults... However I can't test in-game because I don't have University. Anyone having the same issue?

Note that the clown hat shows up under base, almost at the end of the catalog between the propeller cap and viking hats. The costume should appear under basegame too... The girl's hat shows up at the end of the catalog, after the pirate hats. And her outfit is after the school uniforms.
cow_tools
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Decostumized and Updated Exchange and Other Maxis Stuff - (Updated 2008/12/3
« Reply #17 on: 2009 January 01, 22:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I don't get it.  For good measure I scrolled through the base game hair and outfits.  And then scrolled through all the hair and outfits just in case.  Not there.  Everything else works perfectly except the costume and hat.  For me, at least.

Now asbestos-free.
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
Re: Decostumized and Updated Exchange and Other Maxis Stuff - (Updated 2008/01/0
« Reply #18 on: 2009 January 02, 22:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2009/01/02: Jeanette Biedermann and carnival costumes were readded, now enabled for young adults.

These two sets are now enabled for young adults, I'd like to thank cow tools for pointing it out. Re-download these two only. Note that Jeanette Biedermann black recolors weren't updated.
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Decostumized and Updated Exchange and Other Maxis Stuff - (Updated 2008/01/02)
« Reply #19 on: 2009 January 03, 09:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having trouble downloading the Jeanette Biedermann black recolors.  I can click on the Mediafire link ok, but, when I click on "Click here to start download", it says Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Webpage. 

Edit:  It still says Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Webpage.  I hope it can get fixed.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 03, 19:28:27 by jaldeer » Logged
CiaoAlora
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Decostumized and Updated Exchange and Other Maxis Stuff - (Updated 2008/01/02)
« Reply #20 on: 2009 January 04, 16:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having trouble downloading the Jeanette Biedermann black recolors.  I can click on the Mediafire link ok, but, when I click on "Click here to start download", it says Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Webpage. 

Edit:  It still says Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Webpage.  I hope it can get fixed.

I just wanted to note that I am having the same problem with the black recolors link. All of the other links work fine though.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 January 04, 17:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to note that I am having the same problem with the black recolors link. All of the other links work fine though.

Try using Firefox browser or Opera. Was there an option to click security settings for allow?
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 January 04, 22:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's another link to download Jeanette Biedermeann's black recolors. Try one, they are the same download.

Black recolors 1
Black recolors 2
rhldavies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 January 05, 19:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the Montgomery Hawker the HIGH-Res version or LOW-Res version?

R.I.P. Munti 25/01/08 - You made me a better person. I miss you so much it hurts.
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 January 05, 20:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neither, L&P recolor is not included.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: