More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 13:15:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Serious Business
| |-+  Secret Desert Headquarters
| | |-+  Spore Discussions
| | | |-+  Spice Colony Mod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Spice Colony Mod  (Read 7092 times)
T-man
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Spice Colony Mod
« on: 2008 December 07, 22:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi.

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I put it here. If this IS the wrong place, I apologize in advance.

My question is: Is there a hack/mod/package/thing that lets me pick up ALL the spice my colonies make at my Homeworld? It would make sense, wouldn't it? They ship the spice back to Home World and then they give it to me to go sell it.

Or, sans that, one that lets me pick up at the star level (Where you are flying around the stars and you don't see planets)

Thanks!  Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Spice Colony Mod
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 08, 01:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Far as I know, this behavior is hardcoded. Attempts to raise max capacity for said items have also not met with any success.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
T-man
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 08, 05:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beh. The Sims 2 is more or less fair game for modders, but Spore is off-limits and behind locked bars?

What is wrong with EAxis?

More to the point: Thanks for replying anyway.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 08, 07:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beh. The Sims 2 is more or less fair game for modders, but Spore is off-limits and behind locked bars?

What is wrong with EAxis?
Many things, but this isn't really one of them: The reason Sims is open season for modders is not specifically because of anything EAxis did, but because of the way the game is designed: The Sims is a modularized game where things are object-oriented and gameplay is derived from the interaction of scripts. Splotch is a linear game where the gameplay itself is essentially the same no matter what you choose: The modular components exist only in the collection of potential creature and vehicle parts, and some global configurable parameters that can be tweaked. Much like how core gameplay of the Sims is hardcoded, the same applies to Splotch.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 21, 19:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many things, but this isn't really one of them: The reason Sims is open season for modders is not specifically because of anything EAxis did, but because of the way the game is designed: The Sims is a modularized game where things are object-oriented and gameplay is derived from the interaction of scripts. Splotch is a linear game where the gameplay itself is essentially the same no matter what you choose: The modular components exist only in the collection of potential creature and vehicle parts, and some global configurable parameters that can be tweaked. Much like how core gameplay of the Sims is hardcoded, the same applies to Splotch.

Correct me if I"m wrong, but Sims 3 is not being coded that way.  I don't get the impression that it will be open season for modders at all, because they provide "tools" within the game to do stuff.  The tools are nice, but they are very limiting compared to what modders could do for Sims 1 and 2.  This is another reason among many of why I'm not looking forward to Sims 3.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 21, 19:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correct me if I"m wrong, but Sims 3 is not being coded that way.  I don't get the impression that it will be open season for modders at all, because they provide "tools" within the game to do stuff.
Modders don't wait for seasons. We poach.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 21, 19:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[I don't get the impression that it will be open season for modders at all, because they provide "tools" within the game to do stuff.  The tools are nice, but they are very limiting compared to what modders could do for Sims 1 and 2.

The external "tools" provided for Sims 2 consisted of Body Shop, which isn't used for mods.  The tools used by modders came from the community, and I don't see why TS3 will be any different.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: